South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 06:24 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat - December 12

***********Good morning from my winter wonderland! ************

The weather dude was right for a change. We got another dump of snow. It does look pretty but it could have held off until Christmas Eve! The good news is that I don't have to shovel potty paths for my short-legged furries since Joey just barrels through the snow and does it for me. I wish I could train him to clear the front walk and the path to the barn. At least it's light and fluffy snow and easy to shovel.

I'm slowly getting back into normal mode but have not yet started to panic about Christmas and all I need to do. Yesterday I did pay some bills and made some decisions about gifts and will send out the few necessary Christmas cards on Monday. I bought the cheese and cracker part of my Christmas Eve party and put some of my upstairs back in order.

There's nothing on today's calendar but I'm sure I'll manage to "fill in the time" when I get my head a bit more together.

Coffee needed now! Join me and tell me what's a-happening chez-toi.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

'Morning, Ruthie. I'm joining you with my mug of Paul's. Joey sounds like a riot and seems really happy to be staying with you. It must be gorgeous up there with all that snow!

We have a few inches of the white stuff, and I hope it would snow like that for all our storms this winter. The snow only accumulated on grassy areas and the roads were fine. I do believe we're going to see some sunshine today, though.
I have laundry started already, and I'm hoping I won't have to go with Jake to his dr. appt. so I can stay home and clean the house while he's gone. I really need to get to the grocery store, too. I'll spend most of the afternoon with my Dad, he's anxious to see me since I was away last weekend. So that about wraps up my day.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! I didn't realize Joey would be staying so long with you - when Is he staying til?

Linda - mind picking me up for your errands? I can't drive and need a couple of things from the store . Give your daddy a kiss for me .

Just hanging around. Yesterday I was pretty sore and tired (then found out TOM was here too, lucky me), but I got to take two naps.

Today is the kids' Christmas concert, I'd have to be in pretty bad shape not to make that! I'll just make sure I don't take my loopy drugs before hand .

XOXO
Old 12-12-2014, 07:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'll have to check with DS1 in PA to see if he got snow. DS2 in CA might be getting hit with lots of rain (which is pretty atypical for his area).

DH and I found one more stocking stuffer yesterday. It is so hard to shop for my boys! But we are almost done. Maybe we can wrap it up today. It is supposed to be a bit warmer, so if the trails are open, we plan to hike. (When I checked yesterday they were closed due to the recent rains.) Didn't get to the grocery store so haven't done more baking yet. I just have a hard time getting out the door some days.

Have a great day.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tammy, please take it easy and let your body heal. If I lived clsoer, Id be over with soup for you.

Joey is being a very good dog and will be here for another week. My neighbour Moel took him for a long walk in the forest yesterday afternoon - on a 30 foot lead - which tired him out last night. He kept going to his crate for naps and then getting back to playing. Mealtimes are the only problem and that is fixed by feeding him in the back room and my two dine in the kitchen. At first it was just Millie and Joey in playtime but Jazz, the Russian Prince, has now deigned to join in. It's so funny watching them - I have to keep pulling myself away from the show to get things done around here!
Old 12-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

our trip for dgs birthday was cancelled due to snowstorm. Now all my plans are getting shifted around. Lets just say lots of stress. I have to have everything wrapped up by next Wednesday, and I mean everything. House cleaned, gift wrapping and baking done and groceries.
hope everyone enjoys their weekend
take care
Sophie
Old 12-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

DD2 Winter concert was late night they did a great job. Today is half day of school, I am wfh but will stop at 11:30 a.m. and pick up her up from school and then we are off to Ortho and sports physical appointments.

Ruth I am sure it looks beautiful there, we have not gotten any snow just cold and gray though it is getting up in the 40's today.

Cottage enjoy your day and have fun with your dad

Tywnn I echo everyone else please make sure to take it slow

Karen I still need stocking stuffers but I don't really put a lot in the stockings anyway so it shouldn't be to difficult (hopefully)

Sophie I hope you get everything finished on time

Okay need to get back to work Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy I would make a special trip to PA for you. Do any of your grocery stores have home delivery? Or Oder online and someone could pick them up for you? I was lucky my neighbors work for Shoprite even when I said no, they woukd bring me staples. They are so sweet

Ruth I ofen say I wish I could teach my dogs to vacuum so I understand about the snow. That must be some sight!

Linda I am with you, small snow falls are just fine. I'm getting too tired of the big dumps. Plus my car does not do well in the snow and I am not ready to be buying another one just yet.

Tried a new dr yesterday, my doc relocated too far away. She was awesome. Young, vibrant and was very pleased to hear I follow SB. She was very thorough and sent me to the lab for blood work. Mainly thyroid and antibodies. I am presenting as if my thyroid is under active (family history) but in the past my blood work has been normal. She suggested antibodies be looked at because they can give the symptoms before the disease is present. Sounded good to me. I was 6 pounds heavier on her scale then my own errrrrrrrg. In my defense I was clothed at her office lol, but I know I was not wearing 6 pounds of covering.
Other than always feeling tired I am concerned because my weight has been climbing despite being good. Hopefully this willbe my problem or come January I need to find the culprit.

Ok time for more Java. Quick question do you ladies turn off your Keurig's? I do, but I am having issues with it not making coffee. I have done all the trouble shooting and still having issues. I think I atm out of warranty so I am turning to my coffee clutch for suggestions Thanks in advance and happy Friday!
Old 12-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
Just a quick check in. I fasted successfully yesterday but the scale did not budge today, oh well - I was off plan for many meals and didn't complete my first fast. That's ok though, at least I didn't gain.

Today I need to get wrapping paper and some Christmas bags and then I'll be all set to go to my parents tomorrow - just have to wrap the gifts tonight. I didn't sleep so well last night so I'm tired - thank goodness it's quiet around here at work. Meeting a friend for a quick drink after work; then grocery shopping. After this weekend, I'll be able to get back to some sort of routine with my life!! Hope everyone has a great day - Tammy, I second the recommendation to take it easy!
Old 12-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Late afternoon check in here. After the foot of snow we received Wednesday and Thursday, today we have 25 and freezing rain. I've officially had enough of winter for this year. When can I retire down South?? (answer: about 5 more years)

I did get my house and tree decorated on the snow day this week, now I need to have a marathon wrapping session. DS2 comes home mid-week and it should be done before then.

Good to hear everyone's news; I am motivating myself to go do my workout. I can do this!!
Old 12-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Just a quick pop in. I've been busy getting ready for Christmas. Wrapped all the gifts last night and boxed them up to be mailed. Started Christmas cards, but now I have to find my address book! If anybody would like a card, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll mail one out to you!

Made it by the Post Office today and mailed off the gifts. Made me a little homesick for a little while because it just reminded me that I don't get to sit around and sip coffee chatting with loved ones after a big meal on Christmas...or just to see people open my gifts and see their reactions, yanno? I got over it, though. Spent $75 on postage and 2 books of stamps. Honestly, it wasn't as much as I expected, though. Then I went to Lowes and spent more money on Christmas decorations, ornament storage, and so on, LOL Oops!

Jennifer, sorry you won't be able to join us on the 23rd! Good luck on your overnight shift! If you need someone to keep you awake, text me! I'll be up anyway, LOL

I have a serious craving for potato pizza right now...it needs to go away! Thankfully there's nobody around here, that I know of, that makes it. I'm not kidding when I say that I can put away half a potato pizza in no time. It's horrible...but oh so good. *sigh*
Old 12-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

happy Friday Beachers.
Closed Thread