South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's The Weekend!!!! March 9 & 10

Good morning. Hope the snowed in folks got snowed out. Let's hope Mr. March is finished with his nonsense. A sprinkle of flakes is OK but 9" is ridiculous this time of year.

We have two days of well above freezing temps temps on tap with below freezing at night - perfect to keep the sap running so the lads can make syrup. Last year was a "poor year" so hopes are high. At $45 a gallon, a lot of the farmers rely on money from syrup to buy seed.

I put my nose to the grindstone yesterday and got lots done. I even bought the stove and fridge for the Town Hall without driving to town. i bought them in the next town and got a deal. I also got asked when I'd like them delivered and they will be there Monday at 11 sharp. Spent the rest of the day sorting old papers to either file away or go to the burn barrel.

Off to do pet therapy this morning and then I'll do some more shoveling on the deck. I'd really love to be able to us the BBQ this weekend. Not sure if that will happen but...

What's on your plan for the day? Come and chat and sip.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! Great job getting all your niggles done yesterday. I hope I am as ambitious tomorrow!

I missed hanging out with all you chicks this week . I read a few threads, but not all, so I hope I didn't miss out on anything. I'm sitting in a hotel room while everyone else sleeps, waiting for us to begin our trip back. It's been a great week (we just made it out of the Outer Banks before getting the roads flooded everyone in!) and I could've eaten a lot worse, but I could've been a lot better too.

We're in Williamsburg, VA this AM and have about a 6 hour drive back. I'm hoping to stop at an antique mall or two on the way home .
Old 03-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The sun is out and I'm waiting for it to warm up. I'm hoping for some nice walks this weekend. I've missed the fresh air and the sun!

Ruth - Similar temps around here. We are having an awful mud season this year. it's hazardous out there!

It's my Saturday to work. Makes me a little grumpy but the sun is out and it will be a nice driving day. I'll do half a couple of hours on the road and some desk work and call it done. When the pace and work get to me I remember that I took this job to get caught up on my bills and back out in the world after Julie died. I've done that and now I can start looking at next steps. By the end of the summer I will be in my new home with lower bills, a garden, a greenhouse for fall and spring greens (and maybe even winter), and cold storage. I hope to have a much less demanding job so I can spend more time working on the stuff I love

For now I need to plan and get moving. I want to be all done by 3 so I can get a walk in. Can't wait until tomorrow afternoon when it will stay light until 6!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #4  

A NEW HOME!?!? I did miss out on something Cyndi!!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
A NEW HOME!?!? I did miss out on something Cyndi!!
Sounds exciting!

Good Morning

Happy weekend wishes to all who have days off. I'm just about ready to head out the door...we have a blizzard brewing and I might have to work tomorrow, too, since my coworker is going to be trying to fly in today from sunny Florida.

Smoothie is finished (thx DH)

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. TwynnB glad you had a great vacation and left before the flood.

Ruth I complained we got 5" yesterday. I am in full agreement a dusting is fine, but I too am ready for spring.

CyndiM the apple tart was a huge success! Very light and delicious without being sweet!

Time for coffee with Joe
Old 03-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Our charges will be picked up in a couple of hours. They've had two breakfast so far and are currently fighting over a Nintendo game. I work this afternoon and tomorrow. We have a sale going on so hopefully we'll be busy.

Yesterday, after listening to Dr. Oz talk about whole wheat bread, I bought a new one to try. I limit grains and breads but have been using Ezekial break on occasion for a quick meal at work. I ate the heel of the new bread before I froze the loaf and boy did that set off cravings!!!

So now I am curious...for those who eat bread - what kind do you use that doesn't set off cravings? Thanks.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Getting ready to go off with DH to watch college basketball game in St. Louis, no really my cup of tea but am going to spend time with him

My scale is finally on downward path, if it keeps going this way I am going to reinstate ticker

Ruth enjoy your day

For those that have to work hope it goes by quickly for you.

Twynn enjoy the rest of your vacation

Okay gotta run the weather is supposed to be in the 60's today but tomorrow back to snow, gotta love this weather.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not much to say this morning as I feel sad - see my sad news post.

However, we are going up to 50ºF today and tomorrow and Spring is definitely on her way! The Spring flood is starting in the dog yard but we're still in wet paw rather than muddy paw mode. That will change. Many years ago a stream ran through my yard and was diverted but Mother Nature never go the memo.

Time for a visit with Paul before I start my day. I hope everyone remembered the time change.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Good morning Ruth and sleepy Chicks Thinking of Linda this morning.

Ruth - we went for an afternoon walk yesterday and had it all - snow, water, and mud. Cricket was a happy, exhausted,and dirty little dog

Today is a prep day - cooking dinner early and crockpot soup for the week. We are off to a cold storage workshop this afternoon and I want dinner ready to heat when we get home. Might sneak a walk in, might as well make the most of these long, sunny days. It's a long week once it starts tomorrow so I want to get everything set today.

Hoping the temps make it up to the 50s again today. That was an unexpected surprise yesterday.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:26 AM   #11  

Good morning chicks, I am sad thinking of Linda too.

Ruth - We moved here March 20th, and there was a huge coating of snow. So, I'm not holding my breath! Of course, the best snow happened last week while I was gone ...

Cyndi - I need to find some of these workshops you go to! I was wondering this AM if beets grow well here, I found I really enjoyed roasted beet salad.

Okay, did the weigh-in this AM after break, it wasn't too bad, esp. because I figure a lot of it is water weight. I was planning on starting tomorrow, but may avoid grains today if I can. We have church this AM, then shopping/prepping and a NAP this afternoon!!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Twynn - I know you're taking a facebook break but when you go back check out Grow Food, Not Lawns. They post all kinds of clever ideas for urban gardening but definitely applicable to those of us with more space.
We are hoping to add a greenhouse this summer for longer green growing and early starts. Ideally it might be warm enough on sunny days to use as a sun room too.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks. Ruth thank you for letting us know about Linda's mom. Keeping Linda and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

CyndiM I have seen some really cool garden lawns. Just haven't been brave enough to try it yet. Hopefully since Sandy took some trees from me my yard might be bright enough for a new garden. Not sure if I want to invest my time or money as I may sell in a couple of years. I really do not need the financial stress.

TwynnB I am forgoing grains for a few days. Ate small portions at the dinner last night, but this weekend went overboard on sweets. Darn female hormones contributed to my lack of control. But alas today is a new day.

Waiting for Joe to get back from meeting with the logger then home to get myself ready for the week. I plan on making spaghetti squash with chicken Italian sausage and the Tai peanut spaghetti squash for another meal.

On the 20th I have been asked to speak at a Women's History month presentation. The topic is diversity and challenges faced as a woman in law enforcement. Remind me to make certain my "filter" is on that day lol. I have to wear my dress uniform. For once it is not for a funeral.

I miss my hour of sleep lol Hope everyone enjoys this beautiful day.

CyndiM the tart was a huge success!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning...thinking of Linda and her family today...

I didn't get called in to work and we got a foot of snow yesterday. I looked out the window this morning and acknowledged I'd better get to in house projects because very soon I'll want to be outside doing stuff. I have black beans(for refried) in the pressure cooker. It's electric so worry free. What's left of my dried split peas on top of the stove. It's a nice day for me to try to get ahead.

Take care everyone!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #15  

Good Morning everyone! I thought the snow jealousy was over but 9 inches made me smile . Sorry Ruth. If everyone keeps mentioning mud I won't be so excited to hear about your snow. Sunny and warm here in the south today. I really hope it stays like this for a few weeks. Last year it seemed to go from cold to very hot in just a few days.

It is peaceful and quiet a my house for a rare moment. No sooner did I type that then it ended. The middle one is tugging my arm to come and sit on the couch with her. For some reason this morning I am really feeling time slip away so I'm now nestled on the cough still typing.

Dinners were good this week but haven't done any planning for next yet. We made a chicken spinach whole wheat pizza last night that was a nice splurge.

Oops two kids on my now. Too difficult to type. Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread