South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Marvy Monday Mutterings - March 11

Good Monday! I should be getting ready for gym right now but am going to play hookey. I have a wee bit of a tummy upset from a bit too much wine last night while chatting about wedding plans with my friend Rachel.

What a glorious weekend it was with sunshine and lots of melting! My backyard lake is developing but there still is lots of snow. I worked a bit on the snow mountain on the deck but its still not cleared away. Maybe today. Shoveling ice and snow is good exercise, right?

The lads will deliver the new stove and fridge to the Town Hall this morning so I will go over there for 11. (Natalie is working for us just one day a week until the season arrives in May so someone has to be there to unlock.) I'll find new homes for the old stove and fridge. I may take the fridge myself just until after July as I always need extra space in summer.

Thinking about Linda a lot as she goes through this difficult time.

Now for a motivational second cup of Paul Newman.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! Thanks for getting us started! I'm thinking about Linda, too, today.
I hope your recovery is speedy and that you enjoy your day. I love when the snow starts melting like crazy, too.

I got some paperwork out of the way but still need to email Kirk's ex. Their DD is getting married this summer in Minn. and I need to start finalizing our travel plans. ug. It's complicated, since Bing needs someone to come stay at the house 24/7. He doesn't do well with any of the other options....

So, I've got a few minutes to take care of that before pre-work smoothies start blending.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth and Debbie, and nice to see some chatting on this Monday. The defination of cruel is to have the time change on the last day of your vacation...it was not easy prying the kids out of bed!

The scale was horrid this AM, and good thing I have everything in place. I think I'm going to start a food diary....but in trying to get the calories for that mushroom, spinach and feta crustless quiche, it keeps sending me to some weird site...I must have a virus....

DS misplaced his report, I guess I should try to find it for him....
Old 03-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Typical Monday for me - working out with my mom. But her car is on the fritz so I'll need to drive her. Hopefully I'll remember to head out early enough! I could actually have slept later with the time change but needed to get up to take my antibiotic since I then have to wait an hour to eat (and need another hour to digest before the workout). This afternoon I work.

I got rather crazy with bread and cheese snacking yesterday so tossed the rest of both packages in the trash. While I consider myself to be maintaining, eating well is a constant challenge for me. Sigh.

Have a great day.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm not sure how I can get up at 5:30 and still run late in the morning, it's a gift

Ruth - Shoveling is absolutely good exercise!
thinking about Linda too

Debbie - good luck with the planning.

Twynn - My scale is not my friend either. ugh. I'm trying a diet bet site to get myself back on track. I just need some incentive to stick with it long enough to get the old good habits back. Hoping my desire to not lose $25 will overcome my emotional eating tendencies.

Okay, I really need to get out the door this morning. It's so nice i just want to take a day off and go for a long walk but I guess that's not in the cards this week. Next week we have two days at the coast planned. Time to start counting down!

ETA - good morning Karen

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-11-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

I took today off since DD1 got her wisdom teeth taking out this morning. Now just finishing up laundry and trying to get a work out in sometime.

Ruth- I am thinking of Linda as well today. Our ground is a bit soggy but not a lake

Debbie- that is the most difficult part when we make travel arrangements and the whole family goes trying to find someone to take care of Blue.

Tywnn- I am sure you will get the weight right off of you.

Karen enjoy your workout

Cyndi- I always seem to be running late in the morning as well.

Okay off to go change a load of laundry. Have a great afternoon everyone
Old 03-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/176/135

Height: 5'4"

Just popping in to say hi to everyone! ( I read the sticky!)

I've been lurking, reading and learning a lot from all of you on the SB forum, so thanks for sharing so much about your WL journeys.

Not to be anti-social or anything but spending too much time on the computer with my butt in the chair is a problem for me, so I'm going to attempt some discipline around the amount of time I spend on 3FC. But I do need guidance and support and someplace to be accountable, so I wanted to thank you and express my appreciation.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Phew another work day in the books. Gearing up for St. Paddy's weekend which should prove to be horrific. It always is. At least Saturday I will be working 10 minutes from home. A little rain would be nice to keep some of the rebel rousers home.

Karen I too am maintaining. I fall off the wagon at times. CyndiM yup I am still an emotional eater. I do notice I don't fall as hard and I am better with recognizing my emotions. Sometimes they get the best if me. Exercising is helping me stay focused. Not to mention the fundraiser ride. So many co-workers, friends from growing up and family have been incredibly generous. It humbles me and motivates me. I may be held together by duct tape and string. I may live on ibuprofen during the ride. However, I know I can do this thanks to the work I put in training and SB.

Well almost to my stop, enjoy your evening.
Closed Thread