South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 01:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Thursday Daily Beach Chat for 02/28

Wow...I can't believe it's the last day of February already.

I've spent a lot of today reflecting on how I wanted to be in Massachusetts already by now and how I failed to meet that goal. I have a lot of thinking to do over the weekend, but I'm thinking about taking a leave of absence from my current job and heading on up. The only thing that concerns me, aside from my mom and her financial situation, is that I just put my house on the market and that's going to be difficult to handle from another state.

But on a positive note, my bestfriend and her son were featured on our local news station today for a story on school bullies. Her 12 y/o son is Autistic and has been bullied relentlessly at his new school. After going through all the proper channels at the school and getting nowhere, she finally took her frustrations and went to the media. Tonight was the first part in a 2 part series: http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/2...School-Bullies

Wow, I'm awful chatty when I'm full of Greek yogurt and peanut butter!!! I've got to figure out what I'm doing wrong b/c I have gained 2 pounds since getting back on track. GRR.

It's awful early to get this thread started, I know, but at least it will be waiting for you ladies when you wake up. Good morning!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Natasha, and yes, 1:30 am is pretty darned early for a new day. Happily, I was in dreamland when you were posting.

February wasn't too bad, but I am ready for March. It always means SPRING! to me. I can see the buds starting to swell on the trees and all my Spring bulbs are poking through the ground. But yikes! The weatherman just mentioned snow!

I'm anxious to get out to the farm this morning and see what kind of mess there is in the foyer. The guys were putting a new mantel over the fireplace and doing some plastering, but promised me they'd clean up when they were done. Hmmmmmm, we'll see.

Time for a refill of coffee, then I'd better get going. Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well we certainly have more than a "mention" of snow here, Linda. It's actually very pretty out there as it was the wet snow that sticks to the trees. It certainly is gorgeous, just two months out of sync. Good thing we Canuks are a hardy lot!

Natasha, lots to ponder as you contemplate moving to Massachusetts. I think trying it out via a leave of absence would be a good idea so you can check out the job situation. Sure would be a change from Georgia though!

Supposed to go to town this morning for a haircut but that will depend on whether or not Richard gets my lane ploughed early enough. I still have not bought myself spring flowers and have some other odds and sods to get as well. I'll have to play it by ear, I guess. If I'm stuck at home, I sure have stuff to keep me busy!

I'm so glad this is not a Leap Year because then we'd have yet another February day to trudge through. March means I may finally see the snowdrop in my avatar! Maybe even more than one!

Raising my coffee mug in a toast to Spring!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!!

Natasha, you night owl, thanks for getting us started at a crazy hour! Good luck on your journey. I'm trying to remember...what is the draw to Massachusetts? Do you have friends there?

Cottage - LOL, I'm interested to see if they clean after themselves. I admit, although I would like another good snow, I'm getting excited about spring too! My mom teased me that she had little tomatoes on her plant in FL. (I teased her that I'll call her July that there's like...500 on mine; things don't grow well down there!)

Well, one thing I wrote and it was erased yesterday is that I'm with Cyndi. I really need to buckle down as the scale keeps slowly creeping up. I am realistic though....I am on vacation next week and there's a few things off plan that I just can't get here! So, I have a friend that is my accountability partner when I get back, and I'll prob make sure I'm on the menu thingee here. I've been going thru some personal things that make it hard to do (I'm such an emotional eater!), but I just need to buckle down anyway.

Other than food! ....I have a long day at work today, a half day tomorrow, then I'm on VACATION!!!! We're visiting the in-laws (not in good health...a bit stressful!), then off to the outer banks for a day, and the SE VA for a few days. No alarm clocks!!

One more sleep!

Ruth snuck in! Good morning! Make a snow man for me!

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-28-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/149/130

Good morning everyone. Natasha I live in Columbus -
Today I will spend some time planning phase I meals and pull a grocery list together.
Getting ready to jump in!!!

Grace 7
Old 02-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning WELCOME Grace 7! Check out the recipe sections there are a lot of great ones there.

Natasha at 1:30 I was in full drool mode! I hope everything works out for you. Don't be too hard on yourself by not being in MA yet. You are looking to make a huge change in your life. It takes time. A leave of absence sounds like a smart idea.

I am ready for spring not only are my bulbs breaking through, but so are piles of doggie poop. Since we are finally melted I'll take care of that mess today. Just in case we get more snow.

Cottage hope they cleaned up. I don't do well with construction projects. The mess they entail makes me very anxious.

TwynnB have a wonderful vacation. Hope it isn't too stressful with the inlaws. A little break from everyday life may be just what you need.

With spring around the corner I think that is a great motivator. I know I cannot wait to get outdoors and ride. I need to plan and shop today. My to do list from last week is staring at me. I'll just start a new one lol.

Have a great day
Old 02-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a slow start after a very long day complete with white knuckle driving conditions. So glad that's over! I'm planning a mostly, or completely, WFH day. Tummy is grumbly and I'm not up for hours in the car. Tomorrow I start a three day weekend and I'll have time for personals and a more thoughtful post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Welcome Grace7! Thanks for getting us started, Natasha!

I had a rough start to my day and am trying to regroup...food won't fix it....just need to go look for my good attitude.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

cottage - I have to tell you, I am NOT ready for Spring!!! LOL I've already started to have allergy issues w/ the first nosebleed of the year arriving last week. Bah!!!

Ruth - The big change from Georgia is one of the biggest selling points for me. I've lived in Georgia all my life...time for a change!!! Hope you got to get your haircut today. I tried to get in this weekend but I was too late...so I'll have to dye my hair on Sunday and then see my hairdresser on Wednesday for a trim and highlights. My roots are SO much more noticeable w/ the longer hair now.

Twynn - I have some friends in Massachusetts, one who has been trying to get me to room w/ her for a while. It's a difference of $500 per month for rent/utilities/etc vs. the $800 mortgage that I have here in Georgia. I also have friends in New Jersey, Wisconsin, Maine, and New York...and the thought of being so close to NYC just THRILLS me to no end!!! Ugh, mark me down on the "I'm with Cyndi" list, too. Although the 2 pounds I saw on the scale yesterday were gone this morning...still not happy, though. Have a GREAT vacation!!!

Grace - Ahh, yes...I was just up your way a few weeks ago (Phenix City, AL, actually) for a roller derby bout. I left your area much worse than I went in...broken fingernails on all 4 fingers on my right hand AND 2 broken toes on my right foot. *smh* As you can see from my location, I'm in Warner Robins...maybe being from Georgia you've actually heard of it, LOL

jekel - Thanks! I'm trying not to be hard on myself, but I really REALLY didn't want to start 2013 still in Georgia. But I have loose ends to tie up and it IS a big step to take. I think I'll think over the leave of absence over the weekend and decide where to go from there.

Cyndi - *waves* Have a great weekend!!!

Lexxiss - Hope you were able to regroup!!! I hate starting off the day bad...it just tends to go downhill from there for me.

At work for my Friday, woot woot!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #10  

Hello Everyone!! I have been very busy with work and kids but I do read almost everyday and have been doing well at staying on plan. I am waiting to see if the construction workers cleaned up as well....

This is the first week that evening meals have gone well. My new goal is to try something new at least once a week so that I will have something to add to the regular rotation. This weeks menu included a recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen for sausage, bean and kale soup. It was easy and delicious and I highly recommend it. I didn't even know chicken sausage existed or that my local publix carried so many varieties. I used one that was chicken with several cheeses. Kid review wise the 8 year old ate it all, 6 year old ate the sausage out of it and the two year old was sick and didn't eat any of it. Had broiled tilapia with spaghetti squash the next night and tonight the almond flour breaded pork chops with mustard sauce from Kalyn's kitchen. This is the first week that evening meals have gone well. Of course the rest of the planning is falling apart and we are scrambling for breakfast but maybe next week I will put it all together.

I just wanted to post a quick reply to let say hello and let everyone know that I am lurking out here, reading away and wishing everyone well. Tammy have a great vacation, see everyone else tomorrow.
Closed Thread