South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday SBD Chat, Feb 27

Good Morning

It seems I finally have a day off so thought I'd get us started this morning! We had an unusual snow day yesterday...it was crazy here and not much at all in Denver. It's an 18 mile (2200 ft drop) into Denver. I had to go pick up DH after work...left in a blizzard here and dropped into a pretty mild day down there. I would have liked to have gotten grocery shopping done (WhFoods-Costco) but was more concerned about getting home safely. I think I'll get some home stuff done today then go back down tomorrow when the roads are nicer.

I wanted to say to Mommy42Angels! Great that you have joined us! How's the weather down in NC? It must be nicer than here...lol I've been noticing recently that I'm not as fond of caffeine in the morning as I used to be....have you switched to decaf beverages?

What's on your Hump-Day agenda? Stop and chat

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-27-2013 at 05:56 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie, and thanks for starting us up. You are always so perky in the mornings!

Just read the rest of yesterday's posts and adding my Hi and Welcome to Mommy42Angels.

My two darlings look just wonderful after their day at the groomer - not really a whole day but from 9 until 3. Suzie is a great dog-lover. She barely says hello to the owners but is down on the floor nose-to-nose with the dogs. My furries love her but are still very glad to see me when I pick them up.

Did a relaxed food shop yesterday and am well-stocked now. Today I am doing a sausage and peppers recipe which I thought I posted a while ago. I have chicken sausage and a big bag of bargain peppers. It's nice to have in small packets to quickly thaw and serve over spaghetti squash or even in a ww roll. I did turkey stock on Monday and will make turkey veggie soup today too.

Time to crank up the day. We are having freezing rain at the moment. It's Donna's driving day for our gym trip - we'll see if she chickens out.

Raising my coffee mug (Newmans with sf Irish cream) to a humpless Wednesday.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Ruth! Freezing rain doesn't sound fun....be safe whether Donna shows or not. I'm glad your furries are all spiffed up....there's someone here who could sure use a groom...perhaps a bath is in Bing's near future.lol

I did banking yesterday so just jumped in and got all the monthly bills paid. I paid one set of prop. taxes and have the other sitting in front of me. I think I'll go nap for a bit and let the $$ soak into my brain....pay now pay later??
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ugh, mixed heavy snow, sleet, freezing rain, maybe a little rain all in one day and I absolutely have to get north about 50 miles. I'll be counting on my studded snow tires and winter driving skills today. We are supposed to go to a meeting in the middle of the state tonight but I'm hoping it gets cancelled It's almost my 3 day weekend and I am definitely spending time garden planning!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Safe travels, Cyndi....I'm keeping fingers for a cancelled meeting.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Donna cancelled out on gym. I just checked and we have ice pellets coming in sideways! My east windows are coated with ice - I can see it now that it's light. I am going to hunker down and stay home. Sure hope things improve later as the dogs and I are scheduled for pet therapy at one.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm starting my Hump Day off with Starbucks French Roast. Not bad, but not as good as Paul's.

Debbie, enjoy your day off, and I hope you get your shopping done. We have freaky storms like that here, too. Yesterday it was raining like mad here, but the roads were dry 20 miles away in Phoenixville.

Ruth, I'm glad the furbabies had a good day at the groomer's. Be careful if you and Donna drive out in that freezing rain!

We had an interesting day at the farm yesterday. A propane truck took a curve too fast and flipped over just past our driveway, killing the driver and closing down the road for the rest of the day, which is one of the main thorofares through the area. For the first few hours they wouldn't let us leave the farm, and Cindy couldn't get back home from the Hunt with her horse trailer, but they eventually did let her through, and let me out later to get Maggie. And on our way back to the house, ANOTHER accident happened right in front of us, but thankfully no one was hurt. Whew! Cindy told me she'd take the girls to their violin lessons later and let me leave so I could go visit Mom. The traffic was awful and the rain made things worse, but I made it up there and back without incident. But what a day!

I hope today is a much calmer day!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, be very careful out there, and I'm joining force and hoping your meeting tonight gets canceled, too.

Ruth, I'm glad you aren't going to venture out in that nasty weather, and have a relaxing at home day.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I just did the longest post ever, and it's GONE! Darned it!! Well, I need to get moving, so glad to see y'all this AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Debbie don't you hate that, I am always trying to figure should I wait or pay those big bills as it gets closer, sometimes I find it's better to pay while you got it so it doesn't get spent elsewhere

Ruth glad you are not venturing out in the ice

Cyndi hope your meeting gets cancelled stay safe out there, we just have flurries today

Cottage that did sound like quite the interesting day so sorry to hear the driver died though

Tywnn don't you just hate that, happens to me ever so often.

Well last night driving to Awana brakes starting acting up and then this morning the check engine light came on, so it is definitely a trip to the car dealer to get everything checked out. Hoping this car will last a few more months til the other car is payed off in a few months, as I hate having 2 car payments.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning ladies!

Celebrated DWs birthday a bit toooooo much last night so I am doing a day or two of Ph 1.

I hope you all stay safe out in the cold/snowy/freezing weather! While it's not snowing or raining here, I too am staying in today. Except for going to drop off DWs dry cleaning and to pick up some things for dinner before picking her up from the metro. Otherwise, it is job search all day today!

Have a great one ladies!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/149/130

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone. I have been very encouraged from reading your threads. I am gearing up to start on Saturday. Many aspects excite me and others overwhelm me with fear. I am a sugar addict and insulin resistant. I am pretty tired most of the time. I do want to feel better and gain a lifestyle change. I have convinced my DH to join me so that it truly will be a lifestyle. Hopefully our children will enjoy it too!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

*waves* It's after midnight, so I'm going to start a new daily thread for today.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

And welcome to the site, Grace. Where in Georgia are you???
Closed Thread