South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies -- I figured I'd check in for the weekend! I'm never around early enough to catch the action on the weekday chats!

I had a taxing summer and fall. I was on some grueling (emotionally and physically) rotations in adult medicine and oncology, and combined with family stressors, I eventually spiralled into a dark place and did a lot of binge eating. I eventually had some vacation and am finally starting to feel like myself again (just in time to go back to work ), so I'm working on getting back in control. I'm on day 5 of phase 1 -- so far so good. I'm tracking my food on MFP, and I know i need to make exercise a regular part of my life.

I know how horrible it feels to a desperate, chaotic out of control binge-eater, and how good it feels to be in control; I just, somehow, have to avoid getting sucked in again.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 307/294/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelflife View Post
Hi ladies -- I figured I'd check in for the weekend! I'm never around early enough to catch the action on the weekday chats!

I had a taxing summer and fall. I was on some grueling (emotionally and physically) rotations in adult medicine and oncology, and combined with family stressors, I eventually spiralled into a dark place and did a lot of binge eating. I eventually had some vacation and am finally starting to feel like myself again (just in time to go back to work ), so I'm working on getting back in control. I'm on day 5 of phase 1 -- so far so good. I'm tracking my food on MFP, and I know i need to make exercise a regular part of my life.

I know how horrible it feels to a desperate, chaotic out of control binge-eater, and how good it feels to be in control; I just, somehow, have to avoid getting sucked in again.
I am so sorry!! Here is to you getting control!! I fight the same demon!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #18  

Hi Tammy!!!!

I'm here. Finally!! Day 4 of Phase 1 and going well. Husband is doing it too. I agree with one of the other posters, Day 4 seems harder than the other days. I was thinking maybe because it is a weekend but the cravings are kinda sneaky today. I find myself almost absently putting things in my mouth. I'm taking the tree down today and was thinking that the month old candy cane looked good!!!! I don't ever want those normally but today it looked good. Almost licked kids pudding tops, etc.
I'm going to try the cream cheese cupcakes today, getting a little sick of eggs. My first introduction to turkey bacon was ok. I'm going to o.d. on chili though.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. Am I the only one who has to spend this weekend taking the tree down?
Old 01-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #19  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Oh, I LOVE HP - just not TLOTR or Hobbit.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #20  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Jen.... Gasp? No LOTR or Hobbit?!?!?!? Youuuuuu shalllllll nottttt PASSSSSS!!!!!

(Sorry, über geek here )
Old 01-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Finally it's the 12th day of Christmas and I'm glad. It's getting pretty crowded and noisy in here. The birds and ladies dancing don't bug me as much as those silly lords a'leaping. The whole lot will be out of here by sunset.

Left my car in the lane instead of in the barn last night and today it's covered with snow. I'll have to get out there shortly to clean it off and move it so Richard can plough. So far he's ploughed me out 11 times which is 8 more than all of last winter. I am debating about going to Church or not. Ours is now closed and I soon must make up my mind. I have a problem with services starting mid-morning, i.e. 10:30, and really loved our 8:30 service. I just may skip church for a while and shock a few people.

Time to turn on the dishwasher, get dressed and tackle the snow. I'll reward myself for shoveling with a soak in the tub and The New Yorker a bit later.

Enjoy your Sunday, whatever you do.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! It's such a pretty morning here since it snowed overnight, and everything is covered in a fluffy white blanket. It will probably all melt once the sun comes out, but I'm enjoying it for now.

I'm taking my tree down today and will scout the house for any leftover decorations that I may have overlooked, then give the house a thorough cleaning. Having a tidy, uncluttered house helps me unclutter my mind, too. Hopefully, I can look forward to sneaking in a short nap this afternoon, since I haven't been sleeping well lately.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Awwww, no fair you chicks got snow and I didn't! Hope you enjoy your quiet morning in Ruth, and I hope you get a nap, Cottage!

I had a great run yesterday outside, and then the Hobbit was...okay. I just wasn't as enthusiastic about it as I was Lord of the Rings. I can't believe they're going to drag it into 3 movies, too! I did eat off plan last night at a nice restaurant, but the scale was still kind this AM, and I'm right back on. I don't get a date night *too* often!

Today is church, then piddle around the house. I'm like Cottage, I hope I get a nap too!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #24  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got home yesterday afternoon and I had to do all of the unpacking and starting putting Christmas decorations away, I got all of the outside decorations put away at least.

Then I had to make a run to the grocery store so we could have healthy items to eat today. DH is going to join me eating healthy (his own version but atleast no more donuts and cookies in the house).

Weighed in this morning, didn't lose any weight but didn't gain either. Time to start working on eating Healthy starting today.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Jennifer-50 miles of biking that is impressive.

Ruth- I just love when animals like that just let us look at them by the side of the road

Cyndi- hope your having fun birding

Hello to everyone else, I need to get some work done before heading back to work tomorrow or else I will not be ready for a meeting and need to get ready for Church as well.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning it was my last day to sleep in for awhile so I took advantage of it. Tomorrow it's back to work. I need to leave even earlier now as my train leaves at 4:56. I won't get home until around 8:30, but at least I have the train ride home to decompress.

Officially back under goal, now to get back to my low number. Goingbto my suster's to finally celebrate Christmas. Normally I bring dessert, but since it is a football day they are getting a huge pot of chili! Just finished a hearty bowl of Steele Oats (thanks forum for the recipe). Made them in the crockpot. Who knew 1 cup of oats made enough breakfast for the week!! I may bring some with me to Utica to start the day of healthy. I packed last night and will try to squeeze in a few more things today.

No snow here either, but I am not complaining Welcome to our newest beachers and returning ones too! Enjoy your Sunday
Old 01-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #26  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

GoodMorning

Just getting up...heading down to find coffee. The visiting pug went home yesterday so after 2-1/2 weeks of shedding on everything (the other night I caught him in our bed on my pillow) I'm off to do a major clean.

Happy Sunday!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #27  
Live, Laugh, Love

Debbie, want to swing by and start on our house? It never ends with a Siberian husky...

Lazy morning. Still headachey but it should pass soon. I'm in the chair with my mini iPad, Chris is on the couch with his iPad, Voodoo is on the love seat taking a nap but pretending to be standing guard at the window, and Anna's in the shower. Gotta run a few places for Couponing purposes today but otherwise just going to relax I think.

Need to cook my soaked beans though. Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #28  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Already been up and out and done laundry. not a bad start to my day off. Also on the list - crockpot chili for the week, lots of veggies to roast, more laundry, exercising and cleaning. It's going to be a busy week so I'll get as much done ahead as I can.

It was nice to get a no work day yesterday We did not get THE bird but we did see some good birds. It was fun introducing a new birder to the whole bird chasing thing. I wish I could go again today, I'm sure there's people from all over the east coast. Yesterday we met someone from NJ and another group from PA.

Lisa - I have indestructible digestion but I never soak my beans first. I just pop them in the the pressure cooker. I have gotten into the habit of cooking two bags at once and freezing in 2 cup portions. What kind are you trying?

Time to get back to chores.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #29  
Live, Laugh, Love

Cyndi: I'm a gas bag. It's genetic. I'm going to cook pinto and black beans. Much different from buying cans for sure!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

*waves* Oh my, it's been a busy weekend!!! I'm just popping in to say hello and I'll try to come back in later and actually read the thread. I stayed busy preparing for our pancake breakfast fundraiser yesterday and now I'm completely worn out. I'm glad we were able to pull it off and I'm ecstatic that we raised just under $1500 for our officer (his house burned down while he was at church w/ his family a couple of months ago) but I am definitely glad it's over as well.

Nap time!!!
Closed Thread