South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 06:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF Daily Chat for 9/2

Whoohoo, it's FRIDAY! And the the start of a long holiday weekend!

I have to be down at the car dealership by 7:30 to be first in line to get the oil changed, then a short grocery run, and then home to get the laundry going and clean the house. Fun stuff!

I have to stay away from the garden until Jake figures out how to get rid of a skunk that wandered into the live trap. Amber and Tyler discovered it last evening and came squealing and screaming up to the house to tell us. They were pretty lucky that they didn't get sprayed, as they were playing pretty close to it!

So who's ready to join me for a quick cup before I have to run out of here?
Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'll have some coffee too, thanks! (mine is terrible lately, I need to get some different grounds...)

Cottage - I would've screamed and squealed too if I saw a skunk that close!! Enjoy your day off and long weekend!

I'm meeting a friend for breakfast (determined to eat no grains!), which I'm really looking forward to, then maybe a hike or trail run. I guess I need to clean too?! BLECH.

Enjoy the south beach day ladies!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #3  

PS - anyone else having a lot of problems with this website lately?
Old 09-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #4  

Morning, Twynn! I wish you could be here for some good coffee, and we could spend a fun day together. We'll have to work on that.

The site has been running sluggish for me at times lately, too. Not sure what's causing it, but I'm relieved I'm not the only one.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:42 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Planning another busy day of "not work"

Cottage - my car is going for an oil change too. Must be the day. You can check online but I actually don't think skunks can spray in those cages - not enough space to lift their tales. A friend of mine has a skunk problem and they are always relocating them. Of course letting them out is more challenging but I think they've always been so happy to get out they just run away. Don't wait too long though, that's pretty awful (we forgot a live mouse trap once and I felt so bad after)

Twynn - Trail running sounds like fun. I love breakfast out. If I can avoid the home fries it's an easy meal to beachify

Yesterday I did some volunteer clean-up. It was a really great experience and I plan to do more over the weekend. Today I'm off for an oil change and then going to the Co-op for a food demo training. I need to get volunteer hours in so we get our discount back. When we have time to get those hours in it's so worth it. Other than that I've got a huge box of peaches that have to be processed today. I'll probably just freeze them though I did enjoy the canned peaches with agave syrup last year. Most days I just don't want the extra calories, so chunks for smoothies and chia pudding are probably the way to go. Of course my dehydrator overlord will also demand my attention. Happy Friday friends!

ETA - the interview was really good but I didn't get the job. I did get the nicest rejection ever though. The woman apologized and kept saying how much she really wanted to work with me. It's a short grant and they have an applicant who already knows the teachers so she was really the perfect choice. The interviewer did ask if she could share my resume with other people she works with because "I really want to work with you". Hard to feel bad about that

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-02-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:52 AM   #6  

Wow, Cyndi, sounds good and bad all at the same time. Hope she can give you some good connections!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Friday morning to us all. I've been up for an hour treating a really low blood sugar reading but am fine now. It's time to adjust the meds again - a good thing!

Cottage, I hope Jake can find a solution to the skunk situation soon. Can he throw a drop sheet or old tarp over the cage so he can move it? I did that once and, believe me, skunks can spray even in a cage. It's sort of chartreuse, by the way.

Twynn, your day sounds good, except for the cleaning part. My Dyson has been sitting in the middle of the diningroom for a couple of days.

Cyndi, one thing about being underemployed (love that word!) is time to do volunteer work. Food demos sound right up your alley. Sorry the interview didn't work out but it sounds as if you made a good contact.

Today is another no commitment day with no "musts". I need to do some laundry and maybe play with the Dyson for a while but there is nothing that absolutely needs doing. I'm sure I'll find something to fill in the time though.

There's a porch party at Rachel's tonight. That's starting to be the "in" thing around here. We just hang out on somebody's porch, sip wine and watch the world go by. Relaxing and no stress for the host who usually puts out veggies and dip or chips for those who indulge.

I hope your Friday is a nice relaxing one as we segue into the last long weekend of the summer.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #8  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning from tired CT!
We finally got our power back yesterday afternoon while I was at work, after 5 LONGGGGGGGG days. I am humbled by just how convenient electricity makes our lives. I almost ran up the pole yesterday to kiss the CT Light and Power man!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A flyby...didn't sleep last night. We found a section of roof that needs to be replaced yet we have to leave tomorrow morning as we have Kirk's friend with us. So we'll finish everything we can and cover it with plastic. Class reunion tonight...boring.

Happy Friday!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Lovely morning, all. To all who lost power, I hope the only food that spoiled was off plan anyway!! Hoping everyone is safe and well.

Sitting here watching what is probably the last of my hummingbirds, as they generally start moving out the first or second week of September. Strange - it bothers me less to go back to the classroom than it does to lose them . . .

The pool is still open, and after all the leaves left last week, I better go get them all cleaned up. The Philly Rock-n-Roll half marathon is in two weeks, so today includes a training run - a shorter one of probably 6, with the 12 miles for Sunday. ZEFF - do you eat differently preparing for longer runs? Anyone have any advice?

Be well!!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

good morning! back to work today in a couple hours-it was a nice few days off.

I haven't started 30 day shred yet which I'm feeling a little lousy about, but at least I'm OP so far. I'll start the shred soon!

off to make some breakfast!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #12  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Today is another no commitment day with no "musts".
I REALLY need to figure out how to throw one of these days in every now and then. I feel like my life is exactly the opposite these days, over committed to the point of wanting to go into shut down mode!!

This week has been very difficult at work and both at home. A dear friend lost her sister, so there were wakes and funerals to attend. My kids are in their second week of school and my 4th grader had his first test today. He works hard in school, but it is very stressful for him, so that by default makes it VERY stressful for Mom!

Three day weekend couldn't have come at a better time. Went to the library yesterday, got myself a book and I plan to carve out a lot of down time this weekend. Even nicely declined a babysitter favor for tonight. I need to regroup!

I can already tell that the stress is going to make it a difficult day to stay OP for me. I started this AM throwing out some food that I thought might be a trigger for me today!! (Shhh, the kids won't miss it!)

I guess I should be thankful I am picking up on the warning signs and can hopefully plan for a successful day!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 09-02-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #13  

I thought I'd check while I'm taking a lunch break and watching The View. I'm treating myself to some brown rice sushi, but I sure don't know what all the hype is about. It's just so-so to me.

Chris, I'm glad you finally got your power restored! The novelty of roughing it gets old fast.

Bea, we've been watching for hummingbirds all summer, and now that summer's over, the hummingbirds have finally discovered my tuberous begonias. I think the hurricane must have thrown them off course!

to Cyndi, Ruth, Debbie, southmplsgirl, and Jenski!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all...

Didn't make my 20 pound loss before the cruise and I am kind of crushed. I've done so well and I know that should be the point but I can't help but to feel disappointed.

I leave for Miami tomorrow, then the cruise on Sunday so I will be out of commission until the 9/11. I will be keeping a paper journal of food though!

Have a good week/end all
Old 09-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #15  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017 View Post
Morning all...

Didn't make my 20 pound loss before the cruise and I am kind of crushed.
NOOOOO! Don't be crushed! You did awesome and traveling the last few days before your weigh in didn't help.
Please remember how far you DID come and revisit your NSV thread for a reminder!!

Have an AWESOME time on your cruise! (Secretly jealous!!)
Closed Thread