Old 01-04-2008, 06:32 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat - TGIF, January 4th, 2008

So, *yawns* another night sharing the couch with the cat. I stayed in bed longer, but by about 12 it was evident that even the earplugs weren't helping me stay asleep with the strange noises coming from next to me. I wasn't on the couch more than 5 minutes when I had my purring sleeping companion to keep me warm again.

This isn't helping with getting started with any sort of exercise routine.

Didn't eat too badly yesterday, I don't think. Kept busy at work and in the evening so there wasn't much snacking going on. Haven't quite figured out how I'm going to track changes or "successes" though, so this is something I need to iron out quickly. If I don't see anything positive happening, I'll loose motivation I think.

So, if we're swapping "cold stories", I just checked the recorded temperature and it's currently -27C. Translated, that's abut -17F -- colder when you factor in the windchill. Welcome to the Great White North, eh? The only thing good about this kind of cold is that it's too cold to produce snow.

Anyhoo, ladies & gents - time for me to try and wake up.

Hope everyone has a great day!
:Lawrence
Rooster-cicle.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/178/145

Height: 5'7"

Smile

A -17 is not even a joke. Its giving me the chills just thinking about it. Way too cold!!!! We have 7 right now and I thought we were cold. Bundle up out there!!

Off to do grocery shopping-trying to get this diet off on the right foot. Wish me luck.

Then I think I will come home and veg on the couch with my baby (who is a very spoiled and loved dog).

Good day all!!!!
Glowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

I love the cold! Its been in the teens and 20's around here lately but its getting ready to go up to the 40's again, which I hate, winter should feel like winter and not spring. I'm like a furnace so the cooler the better for me. I big time overslept this morning, I woke up at 7:10, only one of the kids was up and going and I guess he thought no one else was going to school this morning so he didn't bother to nudge anyone. Needlesstosay, its been crazy this morning, and now I'm gonna feel rushed all day. My plan is to get the little one off to preschool, come home and do my workout, then sit down and read my Bible for a bit before I have to pick her back up. I'm not sure how thats gonna work since I have a "to do" list that doesn't involve either one of those things. Priority though has to go to me. Right? I keep telling myself that anyway. Have a beautiful day!!!!!!!
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning - Happy Friday!

Well, it is like CC's part of the world here - warmer weather. It is already 16 degrees this a.m. It is supposed to be near the 40's this weekend. I think Rooster is going to win today's weather contest.

Glowing - did you find anything ineresting at the grocery store?? I need to get some better stuff in the house too.

We are headed down to my parents tomorrow for one last Christmas celebration. Hopefully, my bad eating will end with this Sunday! I have been pretty off track since Thanksgiving...too much junk around my house, relatives' homes.

Lauren - I had a quick question about keeping track of our exercise - can we keep track of our strenght training too with the minutes = miles??

Hello to everyone else...
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:43 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Morning all!!

yup, Lawrence, you win the prize for the coldest person....no one else is even going to come close! Hopefully you can get some good sleep in this weekend!!

Glowing, great job on grocery shopping. I went to our local farm store & got a bunc 'o veggies the other day. Got some fennel, tried it, and decided it tastes too much like black licorice for me. Others have told me it doesn't have that much of a taste, but I think it does. So, I threw it in a pan with peppers & onions & olive oil for fajitas...not bad, as a lot of the bite cooked out of it! BTW..what kind of dog do you have? I have a bichon, and she's very spoiled too.

CC~I like the cold a little, but not to where it hurts. Normally i'm always freezing - opposite of you - so I have to bundle up, even in the house I wear socks, slippers, and two layers of shirts! And that's with the thermostat at 70!! I recently discovered flannel sheets...what a wonderful invention! How old is your "little one"? I have a preschooler too, as well as an 8 year old boy. ANd yes, you're right, you do need your time, and exercise and bible meditation time is very important, so make sure you fit it in, girl!!

GG~ you mentioned a couch to 5k program...any idea where i can find that? Should I just google it...I guess I'll try that. Sounds interesting. I used to run 4 miles a day in high school, but that was 20 years ago (ugh) and I'm nowhere near the shape I was in then, but I would certainly love to be. I think running (esp. outside) is a great way to de-stress and clear your mind, don't you agree?

So I have 170 cookies to make before next wednesday...55 pawprints for favors for an appreciation day, and 120 baby bottles & onesies for a baby shower. Then I have three cakes to make for next weekend, but wont do those till Thurs/Fri. next week. someone asked if I had a website. I don't but I have a myspace page with a lot of my stuff on it. myspace.com/eat_it_too if anyone is interested.

better go, I think I have to call the vet. My dog has been mopeyfor about three days. She's been eating & eliminating okay, and she'll perk up a bit & want to play now & then, but is sleeping and sad-looking a lot. Hey, any ideas, GG?

I'll check in later!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #6  

Hey Dawn, we were posting at the same time...hope you enjoy your visit!! Oh, and I had planned on doing the 20 mins weights=1 mile...I think that's what Lauren said before...

Last edited by pmasci; 01-04-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...well its suppose to warm up today...to 47...so yeah!!!! i think ill go ride my horse this afternoon (after it warms up a bit). I slept like a rock last night...probably from the hard workout i did. I also will go to the gymtoday (not sure if i'm going to do wt or just aerobics) and then help DH take his baby (aka his bmw) to the shop to get the dents taken out (he has an older car that has some dents). So nothing really exciting...but i want to enjoy my last day off before work. the next few weeks will definately be crazy..i'll be working 6 days a week for two weeks and have a conference to go to for a week. But its alright..i like the extra money of i get working an extra day..it will help pay off christmas and the remaining of my personal training. And the conference should be fun since its near my old stomping grounds and i'll get to see alot of my old vet schood buddies.

alright all..hope everyone has a beautiful day.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:50 AM   #8  

pam you were posting at the same time....

as for the couch to 5 k here's the site
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

also, on the exercise forum...there is a thread specifically for the couch to 5k that they may be able to help you with some advice. It really is a good program to follow...it will build up your stamina. Good luck!

as for the dog...could be a lot of stuff...could be something mild like full anal glands to something more serious like pancreatitis (if she gets a fatty diest), could also be arthritis or a pulled muscle, could be even more serious stuff like masses. My suggestion without seeing the animal would be bloodwork and xrays to rule out serious problems (unless his anal glands are full), but its hard to realy get an idea without laying my hands on the dog...let me know what they find. hope its nothing serious!

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 01-04-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good Morning!

I definately will not win the cold war. We are supposed to be in the 50s, and hopefully it will melt some of the snow.

ccmom-I also have a preschooler but he does not go back until next week. He loves school.

Pam-I also am going to be visiting the vet for my guniea pig. It looks like his mange is back.

I started back to work yesterday. My kiddos did really well considering we had been off for two weeks. I just forgot how tiring it was to teach all day. I was in bed by 8:30 p.m. I did really well with my eating yesterday and didn't even get into the kiddos snacks. YEA!!

Have a great Friday!!

Jasmine
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

Good morning all...

Hope everyone is well. I need to go to the grocery store and Wal-mart but it is so cold outside I think I will just lay in the bed with the baby and veg. Pretty soon our bonding time will be over

pmasci... tried to find your myspace but I couldn't. I have one also you can search by my name (Tamia Steward).

tanner... I remember when my guinea pig had mange. I paid $12 for it and two weeks later I spent $250 to get rid of the mange. He was my baby by then so I didn't really mind.

Last edited by tjjsmom; 01-04-2008 at 10:08 AM.
tjjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:32 AM   #11  

GG ~ thanks for the advice. It's funny you mentioned anal glands, cause I was just thinking that this AM. She's never had them done, and the way she's sitting, well, she wont sit on her rear (she kind of hovers) and she's been lying on her belly with her legs splayed out behind her. My MIL does her dogs every month, I think I'll take a ride over there & have her do that for me, then see how the dog is. Thanks so much. Also, I had looked under the exercise forum a little last night, didn't find the 5K thing, so thanks for the link...Okay, just let the dog in & she's running all over the place like usual. I hope it's just her anal glands!!

Jasmine~good luck with your guinea pig, hope he gets better. What grade do you teach??

Tamia~ I'm all for staying in bed with the little guy. BTW, my niece's dr. is Dr. Spray..did I tell you that already? Oh, for the myspace, did you use underscores or dashes? It needs to be underscores. I also have a personal page, I'll search for you, so be looking for a request from me

Later all!!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #12  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Good morning,

While it still cold up here in the north but not nearly as cold as -17. You can keep that cold temp. We are supposed to warm up this weekend and things will start melting. Oh yeah...what a mess that will be. We are also supposed to get rain. Is it spring yet. I got up at 6:30, got the son off to school, the husband off to work, and now it is just me and the daughter and cats. I really don't feel motivated to do anything but the laundry is piling up and daughter needs a bath. I was looking through cookbooks for something new to fix for dinner. I am getting tired of the same old same old things. I guess I should get started. Talk to you all soon.
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Full anal glands... Not sure that I want to know what this is all about;-). I've owned dogs before but can't ever recall running into that problem? Sounds... icky.

Another day of taking down decorations and attempting to get organized around here. I really dislike January... least favorite month of the year. Hope that everyone has an excellent day and stays warm. It's supposed to warm up this weekend on this end as well (yeah!).
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #14  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Rooster, can't even imagine that cold. Seriously, how do you keep the house warm? Good luck w/sleep, hope DW feels better soon.

Pam, I've always wanted to try fennel just to see if it did taste like licorice. Good luck with the dog. My older dog gets that depressed look sometimes. It was wierd the other day she kept starring at DD we couldn't figure out why though.

Tamia, I would cuddle with that baby as long as I could if I were you, geez they sure do grow up way too fast.

Just cleaning today myself. Kids rooms. I don't think DH cleaned them before we came so they are extra bad, needing ceiling to floor cleaning...closets, ceiling fans. YUCK! How much fun? Had an egg, toast, and coffee for breakfast. I guess not so bad, of course it's dinner that usually gets me.

Hope everyone is having a great FRIDAY!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #15  

well..i met my personaly trainer today...and she kikced my butt (in a good way). I feel great. She also praised me, since she checked my log at the gym and saw how many times i came in when she was gone. She said i was the only person she's training that came in during the holidays. (:

joan - yes it is sort of gross...you don't want to know LOL
pam - glad to hear he's feeling a bit better..i've had many dogs where the owners bring them in saying they just arent' acting right..i find full anal glands...and then the dog is acting all happy and relieved. somedays its easy work..sometimes...i have to work harder (: glad you found the c25k forum...i think its a great program if you really want to run and can't seem to get the stamina...i loved it when i did it.

fightingtoloose-now hurry up and get your bumm out of bed and do something. trust me there was ice on the car when i left for the gym...but it felt great to go. I'm waiting for the afternoon to warm up a bit before i go ride my horse...its suppose to be 47 today so that's more normal riding weather...and there's not the killer wind there was the last time i rode.