South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 11:30 PM   #16  

Hi everyone. I've enjoyed reading what everyone is up to this wkend. I'm new to the South Beach diet, I'm in Phase 1, week one.

Went out today and bought the SB book and a SB cookbook. I understood the principles of SB but now can read the book and make some recipes.

This is day 3 for me and am off to a good start, a couple of lbs down and not feeling so bloated. Picked up a bunch of veggies, turkey bacon, hummus, eggs and ricotta cheese. This morning I baked egg spinach quiches and loved em. Made 12 so got enough for the next 3-4 days. Funny that I don't even miss the flour in them. I'm going to relax tonight, watch tv and read the book. Tomorrow I'll do a Jillian Michaels workout and then get some cleaning done around the house.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:35 AM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach, BCGal. You are off to a good start.

Hope everyone survived the time change and enjoyed that extra hour. I had to change the time in my 3FC profile options this morning. Just go to control panel (top left), choose Options and scroll down. And that's all my techie advice for this morning.

I am really missing my dishwasher this morning after last night's dinner party. Heather left about ten because of the kids and we decided talking was more valuable than tackling dishes. Pasta carbonara is not a treat the next morning but everything is soaking right now.

Church is first on the agenda this morning and then I will be outside in the cold laying a wreath of poppies at our cenotaph here in Delta. Warm clothing definitely required although it will be sunny. There's a "lunch" at the Legion afterward but I'll make my excuses and come home to my bowl of nice hot lentil soup.

Then the afternoon is all mine! I got started on outside jobs yesterday and will do more today. Still no birds at the feeder. I may put out some suet as an appetizer.

Enjoy your first day of standard time and the slightly brighter mornings.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hello everyone!!

We won't talk about what I ate on Friday, but for where we went, I think I did excellent!! I was proud of myself yesterday....we went to a family bible study for the first time, and they always have only pizza. I worked up my guts to ask a friend in it if they'd be offended if I brought a pot o' chili, and she said no. So, I did...and most of them (adults) ate it!! I was really glad, and it was excellent chili if I say so myself. I suspect the Trader Joes' fire roasted tomatoes with chiles I bought at the discount store gave it just a nice bite. They all said they enjoyed it, and I felt much better about myself for not eating 2 or so slice of pizza.

Darned it - it's Daylight savings time, but my body doesn't care. Maybe that will make it easier for me to get up and exercise before work this week?!

BCgal - welcome!! Hope you enjoy it here!

FObsessed - you're doing awesome!!!

Tall and Thin - how did the not caving go!?! I've finally gotten rid of most of the kid stuff that is a temptation. SO much easier!

RDW - me too!! I have gained just a couple back, but it's my eating patterns that have changed. I realized part of it was not checking in here on a daily basis to keep myself accountable, and LOTS of excuses! Glad to see you on here!!

Beloved K - were you able to get back on track? I'm bad...I'll get dark chocolate peanuts (when I'm doing phase III) as a treat. Can only buy a little bit, because I can't control myself!

Waisting Time - did you get a bike ride in? Would've been beautiful!

Lexiss - have you really had him a year already?! The picture is great! You look fabulous!

Heidi - I can't imagine the pain you and your family are going through. Said a prayer for you and yours.

Ruth - Hello! I missed reading all your posts, I'm glad I get to "see" you more often!!

I'm not sure what's on the burner for today...church, remodeling the old nasty bathroom, and ??? (oh yay, probably grocery shopping...).

Have a great day!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:00 AM   #19  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm gearing up for another drive home today. I'll stop half way and have lunch with a good friend, so that will make it easier.

I'll be back tonight from my home computer with it's faster internet. We have decided to hook Mom up to DSL at Christmas. It's time!

Have a sunny and relaxing Sunday friends
Old 11-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I took full advantage of the extra hour of sleep, especially since we had a late night last night.

BCgal! I'm happy to have you joining us and look forward to getting to know you.

It was so nice to see my aunt & uncle from Minnesota again. It's been almost 4 years since we've last seen them! They'll be here all week, so we'll have lots of time to catch up.
This morning, we're taking Monica & Carley back to NJ after breakfast, and I'm hoping to do some garden work when we get back. My flowers and the remaining tomatoes and peppers finally succumbed to the cold. It's supposed to be sunny, but cold. Jake wants to get the lawn mowed if he can find it under all the leaves. I'll guess I'll give him a hand, raking them up. Then this evening, Jake is treating me to nice dinner out.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #21  

S/C/G: maintaining

Beloved - You can do this!!!

Rikki - Been there, done that. Time and time again. Let's get off the weigh yo-yo once and for all! We can. We will.

TallandThin - Cute dogs.

Rae - Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a great start.

Ruth - Thanks for the tech advice. I had no idea!

Everyone else! I keep singing the old Chicago song to myself today - "Does anybody really know what time it is...?" Got a nice ride in yesterday. Will try to squeeze on in later today but forgot I had afternoon plans and it is tooo cold this morning. I used to be a cub scout leader for several years and one of my old moms wanted a mom reunion now that our sons are seniors in HS. We are meeting at Panera and I will NOT eat any food that is off plan. Will not. Caught up in a good book I hope to finish today too. Busy.

Have a great rest of your weekend all.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

I meant to check in yesterday and never got around to it, but I am trying to check in daily for accountability.

Heidi- My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I have a close friend whose Husband committed suicide about 4 years ago and they still struggle to cope with it.

RK- I too have added about 10 lbs due to bad eating. I decided enough is enough and to take control again, that being said I am now on day 2 of Phase 1. I was going into what I call the death spiral of sugar addiction again, everyday I was starting to consume more of the stuff. It felt really good yesterday (besides the withdrawal headaches), but I woke up today feeling more in control.

Everyone else I hope you are enjoying your Sunday, it is beautiful here. I would reply to everyone but I need to get my butt moving and get ready for church.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #23  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Morning everyone . Well our rain came during the night and with the time change and the rain, it's dark and gloomy so will have to put some music on to cheer things up.

Ruth, we love our birds. DH has made and mounted about eight bluebird boxes and every Spring hatches out several clutches and the best part is that they stay in our area. We have bird feeders and hang suet out but what they seem to like the most are our two bird baths. We have one right outside our front sliding glass door and just yesterday there were seven of them crowded in taking a bath at the same time. What a sight! We were feeding goldfinches but the thistle got so expensive that we had to stop. I know we had over a hundred and they are so pretty. Sure miss them.

BCGal to a great website and good friends. Come back often.

Twynn, Thanks for asking. Hung in there and didn't cave. I'm learning that if I can just wait it out the old cravings go away.

Pearlrose, Good for you Welcome back to "on plan". Your user name is a combination of my mother's name and mine

Beloved and Rikki, I've been sending good "stay strong" thoughts your way. Hope it's working !

Well, this rain presents a small problem. Do I walk or not Since I haven't got around to buying a walking dvd yet, I can use the rain as an excuse or I can put on a raincoat and just do it. Hmmm thinking........will let you know later.

Last edited by TallandThin; 11-07-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #24  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning ladies! Thanks for all of your words of encouragement. I am looking forward to my test results- I also had asked him about the dairy sensitivity but I am not sure if either test he took will let me know about that... SO, I am a little confunsed on where to proceed from here right now. I imagine SBD will be very hard, especially p1 if I can't have gluten, being a vegetarian- and possibly vegan if I have dairy problems... Regardless you ladies always help keep me motivated so I will be posting in the daily at least occasionally if nothing else! On tap today is a little bit of yard work, the frost finally got my peppers and tomatoes too... a bit of laundry and a trip to the grocery for a few things...

TAT- I really enjoyed seeing your doggie pics, I bet mr.bigs is a hoot! ETA- Did you get your walk in?

Rae- Glad you're feeling the results already! great motivation to keep on track!

Ruth- Sounds like your dinner party was a hit! Here's hoping the dishes aren't too much of a pain! lol Enjoy your free afternoon!

Twynn- Enjoy the remodeling, you sound like me with all your projects...lol

Cyndi- Have a safe trip! I know you will enjoy that DSL at your moms too!

Cottage- I won't say enjoy the yard work but enjoy your time outside! hehe

WT- yes, off the yoyo! time to cut the string! lol Enjoy your lunch at panera!

Pearl-Spiral of destruction is right! Glad you are back on track! I am working on it!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #25  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I hope everyone had a great Sunday! My connection went *poof* this morning and I'm just getting back for the day. We're starting to pack for our trip over the hill. I don't know yet just when we'll be leaving in the morning. Sometimes it is just a surprise. lol

to the beach, BCGal! You are on the right track!

Take care everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-07-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #26  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Hi all

Welcome Rae, phase one feels so good, and it is fun trying all of the new recipes, have fun and stick around

rdw1, I missed your earlier post, but I hope all is ok, sounds challenging

TallandThin, How did your day cheer up? I had candles lit all day, I feel cozy and warm with light and fire nearby.
(thanks for the vibes )

Pearlrose, good idea to check in every day, I hope your day was nice

WaistingTime, how did you do at Panera? I think the black bean soup is good, but that's probably the only thing OP there, LOL. (except coffee)

Cottage, sounds like a nice day planned, how was dinner?

Cyndi

TwynnB, Friday's over, sounds like you've got a good attitude.
I just made slow cooker chili, it was white beans, fire roasted salsa and Boca beef crumbles, veg broth and other spices, etc. overnight on low. You reminded me because you mentioned the salsa (it was yummo) Yes, I ggot back on track, then off.... then on. LOL

Ruth, how did you enjoy your afternoon? Your day sounds lovely (and I hate next day dishes, I always hate when I don't do them as I go=, for some reason)

Rikki, I'm sending you empowerment. I hope you get the physical things sorted out and are able to get back on track.

Anyone I missed

My new car broke down today something with the clutch (at least it is not an automatic transmission) I was with a friend and we were taking my DD and her friend to IHOP. When I got there I split an order so I could just eat scrambled eggs. After the worst and slowest service, there was a gross hair cooked into my eggs When my replacement eggs finally came, I only ate a little bit of them. Then tonight DH brought home 2 tubs of cookie dough and of course DD wanted to make them. I had 2 cookies I am wanting more, but DH went in and is bagging them, and will take them to work with him (the ones DD doesn't take to school.

Oh, there is still 2 almost full tubs of dough in the freezer :-/

God spare me!!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #27  
Queen of shifting minds

Someone, please talk me out of getting a cookie
Old 11-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

It's not worth it BelovedK! I went to a buffet at Golden Corral and I indulged but it wasn't even worth it! I'm back on plan for the rest of the day!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #29  
Queen of shifting minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
It's not worth it BelovedK! I went to a buffet at Golden Corral and I indulged but it wasn't even worth it! I'm back on plan for the rest of the day!
Thank you That helps. I'm sorry the GC got to you, I always feel horrible after I eat there (DD's dad takes her there) I am about to go to bed, I will surpass the kitchen.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I'm glad I helped you BelovedK, see you tomorrow!
Closed Thread