South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:10 PM   #16  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

G'day all

I just turned my computer on for the first time today (which is rare) DH and I had coffee this morning with no puter time. I worked for a bit and now I am home with a whole lot os "shoulds"

I do need to make pesto for a friend's wedding lunch, but the rest of the house is a wreck It's a bit nippy here, and it feels good. I think I'll burn some candles, light some incense and put on some nice music and start a project. My friend's bachelorette party is this evening, and I will bring my curried squash soup (which is ok for me to eat) They are going dancing after dinner, but I am coming home. Have to work early in the morning.

I'll be back later with personals. I read everything, I just am low on time until I actually get these house projects started
Old 10-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #17  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Looks like I'm one of the last to check in again this morning. Some day I'm going to get up in the middle of the night just to surprise all of you with an early post. Would love to respond to each of your individual posts but that would be a book so will just and say howdy from the west coast.

Don't have much planned for today except will go for a walk and hope to work on our family holiday gift project for a while. Whatever else the day brings will be welcome.

Hoping you all have a great on plan day and for those of you who are working TGIF (oh how I remember that feeling).

Later
Old 10-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #19  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I ended up walking 2 miles and I'm still working on the piano music. Ug. Took a break for lunch and checking in.

Ruth, 7:40 It always happens on the wrong day! Come visit me any time...we can even go to NM!

Karen, geez stress!....I hope your workout was fun!

KimStar, checking in always helps me. Your evening sounds fun!

LydiaC, Yay! For working out early!

Randi34, great P1 news, and also that your are getting off the Metformin. Congrats! On your weightloss , so far.

chubbybunny, wow! busy weekend before cruising away!

BelovedK, can't believe you didn't turn your computer on any earlier. Your events sound fun and well planned!

Lamay, early posting surprises are always nice! I hope you get out for a nice walk today!

Hi, Okiemute (FO) Did you get your walk in yesterday?

Ok, back to the projects!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey Debbie! I did walk.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #21  
Rebelwithacause

I walked for the first time in ages. Was only about half a mile but at least I did it.........
Old 10-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #22  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Okie and Lamay and me! Yay! for walking!

I'm liking those Leslie Sansone Walk off the Pounds DVD's. It's so much easier for me than the treadmill.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #23  
Rebelwithacause

Lex, I've been thinking about getting a walking tape (dvd) for the upcoming rainy days. You used the plural when mentioning the tapes you like. Is there one that is better than the others? What would you recommend for a beginner?
Old 10-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #24  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Debbie - I think we will be in Albuquerque during the week then Socorro for birding the weekend after.

Lamay - My favorites are the 30 minute or 2 mile workouts with weights. They are a nice blend of light cardio and strength.

Kim - enjoy your sister weekend

I'm off to bed. My goal is 9-10 hours of sleep
Old 10-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi again, everybody. Another Friday at work...all weekend at work, actually...plus OT on Monday. At least I'll have a decent paycheck for my trip to SC next weekend.

Cyndi - I've never been to NM...sounds like fun!!! And travel is the BEST kind of Christmas present!!!

Heidi - I'm the exact opposite...I'd much rather go for a bike ride when it's cooler outside. In Georgia, biking in the Summer is like riding head first into an oven, LOL

Cottage - Oh my...I certainly hope you're still feeling okay. I know that light-headedness feeling can be kinda scary at times. It's funny, ya know, I read about you having to "winterize" your car and it makes me giggle b/c we don't do such things here in Georgia where we have 2 seasons (hot and HOTTER, LOL). I think I'm kinda glad!!!

Lexxiss - You have a point!!! Man, I knew the area around my house was hilly but OMG!!! I also need to figure out how to operate a 10 speed properly b/c I assume there is supposed to be gear changes in there for hills and stuff and I have no clue. And YAY on the 2 miles!!!

Ruth - Hope you didn't get stuck waiting all day for your delivery. I went riding at night (ummm, more like at 2 AM, LOL). I stayed on the main streets instead of the side streets and left the iPod at home so I would be more aware of my surroundings. Probably still not the best idea for me to be bike riding at that time of night. Ooh, I found a parmesan and basil chicken salad recipe on allrecipes.com and I keep taking it to gatherings and serving it on whole wheat bread. People have LOVED it. It's not your typical "chicken salad" taste, I guess, but it's still very good.

WaistingTime - LOL...hey, lazy exercise is better than NO exercise, right???

Randi - Congratulations on the 3 pounds!!!

Chubby - Your screenname makes me giggle every time I see it. It's too cute. I do my hair color at home, too. Once I hit goal weight I'm going to get a new cut and I'm going to let my hairdresser put some highlights in it (can you believe it...34 years old and never had my hair highlighted, not even once). I just don't see the point in paying a hairdresser $40 or $50 to dye my hair when I can get a box of Loreal for $9 or $10. LOL

Lamay - A half a mile is a half a mile...as long as you are up and moving, that's all that counts!!!

Been a crappy day at work so far...hope it gets better this weekend, but I'm not counting on it. I don't mind being busy, I just hate the calls where children get hurt.

Anyway...I've got a wedding to go to tomorrow, so I've got to stop by Wal-mart on my lunchbreak tonight and see if I can find a pair of pants to wear. All my old dress clothes don't fit anymore (not that I'm complaining, LOL).

Oh...and the bike ride seems to have paid off...down 2 more pounds on the scale this week. That's 5 total since I started biking.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #26  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Natasha! Looks like you're working all night again. I was really working on short hills in Sept. That's when I almost ran into the bear at 5am. I do think shaking up your exercise really helps. Have a great night! See ya tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:37 PM   #27  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

I ate off plan tonight my friend's bachelorette potluck/party. The food was all homeade and healthy, too good to pass by. I even had dessert, but I didn't overeat.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #28  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Natasha - I haven't ever had my hair highlighted professionally. Though there were some high school hair disasters where I tried to go blond at home. My hair is kind of a dark auburn, so its something I can do at home.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Lexxiss - I'll definitely be starting out w/ small hills. Thank God I don't live in my childhood neighborhood anymore...our house was at the VERY bottom of a street that was probably 3 miles long and nothing but 1 huuuuuuuuuuuge hill. LOL See ya tomorrow!!!

Beloved - Try not to beat yourself up too bad. It was a special occasion and the important thing is that you get right back on plan tomorrow to make up for it.

Chubby - Too funny. I tried to go auburn in high school and somehow went jet black. It was NOT a pretty sight. LOL
Closed Thread