South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:51 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday F??? Chat

Well, it's hard to do the F title unless you get into naughty words!
Fantastic? Frilly? Fabulous? All suggestions appreciated.

Not much happening around here today so I need to do something to make the day memorable. Shovelling the rest of the ice off the back deck just won't cut it, nor will a trip to the store for more dog food.

Nice and mild this morning at 44ºF but we are back to below freezing temps tomorrow. Spring had better hurry if she plans to be here by March 21. (That's a joke around here as we've had our biggest snowstorms in March.)

What is going to make your Friday fit the F word?
Old 02-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/223/175

Height: 5'8"

A quick hello and check in - life has been hectic, with travel and LIFE, so I have not been getting my daily dose of support. All is well, program continues to work, eventhough pizza was consumed on Monday night - first real cheat, but it got things moving again. I too have cut back on nuts - was eating way too many.

Enjoy Friday, Kiss February Goodbye!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:11 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Hmm, it doesn't feel like a feisty friday to me. Maybe someone else will have a clever idea?

Ruth - Same weather here - warm yesterday and today, cold all weekend. I hate that! Maybe you could shovel dog droppings too - that sounds really exciting

Celtic - Nuts are my nemesis too. Pop in when you can

Same old here - I've been working half days this week trying to calm things down in neck, back, arm land. I'm hoping to be back to normal (for me!) next week. Too bad it's supposed to rain this afternoon or I'd get out for a walk.

Have a good f_____ friday !
Old 02-27-2009, 07:15 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Thanks, Cyndi. I'd forgotten about the Poop Patrol. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow when it's frozen. It's so nice to have something to look forward to.

at Celtic. Nice to see you checking in.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I kind of favor "Friday Finesse", myself. It seems to put the cap on the week and wrap it up.

I indulged in a sleep-in this morning, even though it put me behind schedule. No big deal, though, since I have the entire morning off. I should have a fairly easy afternoon, too, since Maggie has a playdate. And then the weekend begins.
We never did get the opportunity to carry out our plans for yesterday, since the sun hid behind a thick bank of dark clouds and refused to come out. We even had snow showers throughout the morning!!! What happened to the forecast for sunshine, I don't know. More snow is due for next week, so my hopes for an early spring are dashed. It looks like March is coming in like a Lion.

Sophie, have a safe trip and a wonderful time babysitting your grandson. We'll miss you!

Barb, that's pretty scary the break-ins in your neighborhood! I know you and Brian have wanted a dog, so I hope it's a good solution. And give that soon-to-be-X a swift kick in the netherlands for me. He's been dragging his feet way too long in getting your divorce finalized. He should actually be penalized for all his shenanigans for delaying the process.

Chelby, have a fun, fun, weekend with your family!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - Hope my day is as non-exciting as yours!!

Celtic - CASHEWS!! I swear I'd be 10 lbs lighter if I didn't eat them. Sam's has got the JUMBO container for less than $11!! I won't tell you how fast my DH and I go through one.

Cyndi - Hope you feel better after taking it easy!

Me - I work 2-7 today. DD has her "beach party" today at daycare, she is READY. She is sitting next to me in a swimsuit and flip flops . Today is pretty casual for me...I had some kind of stomach bug yesterday. If I feel okay, I may try to run. We'll see!!

Good morning Cottage!

Have a fabulous f------ Friday?!! (I won't let my DH fill that in, we all know what they'd say!!)

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-27-2009 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Hello cottage!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:32 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Make that "Flickering Friday". The power keeps going off and on. I'm off to fill the tub while I still have water.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You'd better take some candles in there with you, Ruthie!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Ruth, I already did!
Frivolous, Freestyling, Facinorous?
Hope you find something memorable to do!
Hi Celtic!
Cyndi, if this turns into a Nor'Easter this weekend, would you please do your best to keep it up your way?
Twynn, I can't keep cashews around. I may overdo a little with the rest, but I'd be in big trouble with the cashews!
cottage, glad you got a sleep-in this morning, that's a fabulous way to start the weekend.
Jenn, thanks for sharing your vacation pix with us. Looks like you and DP had a great time!

Well, I think I had an on-plan day yesterday, but I didn't write everything down. I don't remember having anything naughty.
On the agenda today: I need to put together the bodice of the bridesmaid dress I'm making for my niece so I can fit her tonight. I also want to make her a berry pie for her birthday. I'm supposed to go over to help set up for the Volunteer Banquet this afternoon, and then pizza at my mom's for dinner. Oh, and work, of course... But it's Friday, so it's all good!!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #10  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

Mornin its a nice dreary day here think i'll get the house all cleaned before the weekend. And work on some doggie wears this afternoon
Old 02-27-2009, 09:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5''

good f____ morning gals lol... im a strange one... i dont really care for the weekends... kids act like they are on acid, DH sleeps in (how wonderful) and im always the only one in the mood to "do something"... once the weather changes it will be better around here. im like a bear, i cant stand being cold, so i dont venture out in the winter unless its to walmart or grocery store lol... i read somewhere that women should (if they dont get out) should stand in front of a window to get vit D from the sunshine, everyday for 15-30 minutes... lol i wish i had time to do that... i have to make an appointment with the devil to come in here every morning lol...

schmoodle-- how fantastic that you can sew and make beautiful things!
twynne--awwww at your daughter ready for her party, thats so sweet
cottage--better for march to come in like a lion.... then we have a better chance of it going out like a lamb lol
ruth--i have poop patrol also... only thing is, maggie has apparently ate some BLUE playdough...
cyndi-- hope you get feeling better, i bet the rain aint helping mcuh too
celtic--i thought we were supposed to eat nuts... cashews are the only one i like too... hmmm have to rethink this i think lol
ruth again--i remember having snow storms in.... april!! lol

well im off to start this freaky day... freaky friday maybe? i think we are all brain washed as children.. friday was always the best day cuz it was the last day of school... then you grow up, and saturday is really no different than any other day.. the dishes, clothes, and floors still give you the evil eye if ya dont clean em lol

have a great day on the beach
stacy xxx
Old 02-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Frustrating Friday! The rain and wind took down a tree by the lake so there will be no power until later today. I'm over at the Fair Office because I had some emails that had to go out today. It's definitely going to be an afternoon nap day if the power is still off this afternoon. Grrrr!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Afternoon chicks..... hope you all have a great week end. Mine is busy as usual. We are fundraising again this week end and I have to do my morning at the dance studio, and I will be answering the same question over and over, is there dance next sat? We have our March break starting monday so no dance next week. I have the house work almost complete as I love to enjoy my week ends. Well must dash and try to finish my duties. Quiet time is almost over.
But before I go I have to brag that the scale gods love me I weighed in at 168 this morning.... yeah me out of the 170's hopefully never to go back...
PS Ruth- Not sure if I will get in over the week end or even the first of the week with the kids home I may not get the computer. I have lost 12 pounds.

Last edited by little chick; 02-27-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #14  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Hey girls!

I'm just sitting down to breakfast I really need to get that going sooner.
Having a cinnamon omelet and some cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.

Have an OB appt. to have an IUD placed -- let's hope this works better than the pill. Both DS' are pill babies.

DH is buying a new video game today that he has been waiting for for months -- I won't see him again for awhile, I'm sure

My friend and I started a cooking "class" for our kids and it's my turn to host. She's bringing her daughter over for dinner and then we're going to bake afterwards...not sure what we're baking yet. DH requested caramelitas (basically a shortbread cookie with chocolate, caramel and pecans - cut into bars) and some sort of coffee cake - we'll see. I need to peruse foodgawker and tastespotting to see if anything catches my eye.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #15  

Afternoon everyone! Doing well here. DH comes home in about 2 hours, I am so excited. It has been a long crazy week without him.

Ruth - I hope you find something fun to do today. I am not looking forward to the predicted snowstorm this weekend. . .c'mon Spring!
cottage - Sleeping in must have been nice. . .hopefully now that DH will be home, I will get to do that tomorrow.
Twynn - Ugh on the stomach bug. . .I hope you are feeling better. The beach party sounds devine though.
Schmoodle- It sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned.
skinnybride - Have a wonderful day!
stacy- I hear you about the weekends in the winter. UGH! UGH! Vitamin D definitely helps improve your mood. I try to get out for at least 15 minutes a day.
littlechick-YAY on the 160s!

Not much else going on here. Housecleaning, laundry, cooking, playing with the boys. . .a "normal" day for me.
Closed Thread