South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 277/265/150

Default First day P1

Hello,
Im a newbie to the forum and SBD. It's my first day on P1 and my day went well however I am so hungry right now and evil thoughts are taking over . I unfortunately did not stock up on snacks. Help! What do I do?
shebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:57 AM   #2  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebop View Post
Hello,
Im a newbie to the forum and SBD. It's my first day on P1 and my day went well however I am so hungry right now and evil thoughts are taking over . I unfortunately did not stock up on snacks. Help! What do I do?
You will just have to stock up. I didn't spend THAT much, and it saved my butt to have nuts, avocados and other quick things I could eat. Good luck, I am just starting as well.
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, shebop! We're happy that you've decided to join us and look forward to getting to know you.
The key to success on SBD is to plan ahead so you can head off those munchies. At mealtime, eat until you're satisfied, and make sure you include beans and dairy in your meals. Having a salad with your meals helps keep you feeling full, too. Some suggestions for good snacks are raw vegetables, string cheese, nuts, nonfat yogurt, roasted chickpeas, and even a spoonful of peanut butter. Hummus makes a tasty dip for your veggies, and is very satisfying.
The first few days of Phase 1 are the hardest, and it does get much easier after that. If you can, get yourself to the supermarket to stock up on lots of Phase 1 foods so you'll be prepared when those munchies strike.
Good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree - the first few days can be hard, but it gets easier and is sooo worth it! Hang in there.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 277/265/150

Thanks for the advice!
Im on day 3 and I actually feel great. I did stock up and Im fully prepped! To be honest its not that bad and Im actually craving fruit So I know after the two weeks are up, it will be fine!!!
Oh and I did make the roasted chickpeas seasoned and that saves my butt at night
Thanks again and Im so happy to have the support from 3FC
shebop is offline   Reply With Quote