South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #1  

Default introducing myself

Hi Everyone,

I've been a member of 3FC for awhile but mainly just lurk. I just finished Ph 1 and I did have a couple of cheats but it was probably as clean as I will ever get. I did lose about 10.5 lbs so I am happy about that. I started Ph 2 yesterday and today I was up a half pound. I'm not really concerned about that and I know I need to stop weighing so often. I hope to become active on this board and could really use your support. I've attempted SB several times and have never been successful. I am about 3 weeks post arthroscopic knee surgery so exercise other than my 3x weekly physical therapy has been nonexistent.

I would appreciate any tips, encouragement, exercise advise, etc., that you have to offer.

BTW, what is Phase 1.5?

Sandra
sandye1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Nice to meet you Sandra. PH1.5 is a way of eating that adds back a few PH2 foods but limits the quantity. It is not an official phase, just something a lot of us do. I prefer to be on PH1.5 most of time because I think I have better willpower and don't overeat as often when I limit my grains.

If you hang out here often you will find lots of encouragement and tips. My advice.... come here often! It has been a great motivator for me. I also lurked for years.

I wish I could offer you exercise advice because I can identify with you, since I broke a bone a while back and have been restricted as well. But I am able to still walk and get on my elliptical. Maybe you can ask your PT or doctor what you can add. Possibly you can do some upper body strength training at least. Or something like chair yoga? In the long run, you are better off to heal completely then get started gradually.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198.2/184.2/160.0 ~ 14.0 lost!

Height: 5'10"

Talking Hi guys!

I am new to 3FC too, and (LOL) guess I am also on 1.5 of SB. Re exercise, we have cable tv and I have become addicted to Exercise TV, which is OnDemand. I can do it whenever I want and have time right here in my living room. It works for me, as you can choose from so many different kinds of exercise, i.e., Cardio, Pilates, Abs, etc. It is great! I have been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, which have really been kicking my tail! Good luck to you!

Suz.
suzarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #4  

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'm on Ph 1.5 also. I'm limiting my grains to 1-2 servings and fruit to 1 serving (this week). I guess my progress will determine where I land in that respect. My PT started me on the treadmill for a few minutes this week but I'm going to try the exercise bike also. That's a good idea to work on the upper body workout.

I will hang out here more often and hopefully get to know all of you.

Sandra
sandye1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Sandye and suzarb! I'm happy to meet both of you and look forward to getting to know you!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-20-2010 at 05:35 PM.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Sandra and Suz!

My advice would be to jump into the SBD forum and make yourselves at home! Reading through old threads really helped me learn, too.

Best Wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Hello - fellow lurker here! I'm on day 9 of Phase 1. I started out the year calorie counting - after 6 weeks was only down 4 lbs, so I gave up, and gained 6! Woo hoo!
However, since graduations are now closer than ever (and I'm determined not to look awful with my Ds in the pictures), I started SBD and am down 5.5 lbs so far! I'm at "that" age, so losing weight is a real battle right now. I'm sticking strictly to ph1 (well, except for the glass of wine I had earlier) and will move into 1.5 this weekend. I really like that idea.
It's nice to have folks to chat with about this!

Cate
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote