South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #16  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Good morning to all and a very happy birthday to Debbie!

I'll be honest... I feel just lazy enough not to do personals today. I'm going to watch a very indulgent reality talk show in about 7 minutes just to entertain myself this morning. :P

Day 1 Phase 1.... so far so good. ROFL!!!

Weighed in... 4lbs heavier than when I started SB last October. No real biggie. Between what I've eaten and the quitting smoking, 4 extra lbs above isn't so bad.

Karaoke tonight... no alcohol, no smokes... but loads of fun! We're running karaoke idol and it's 80's theme week. The remaining contestants will be dressed in their best 80's and singing 80's songs. Should be a hoot!

Have a great day!
Kari
Old 03-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #17  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post

Heidi, I have had soup for breakfast. Also taco bake. And the spicy "beef" casserole with mock cornbread. Cat is famous for having dinner foods for breakfast around here. So you're not alone!
I often have 'dinner foods' for breakfast too. The trouble with eating the soup for breakfast today would have been that it wasn't MY soup. lol I fixed the meal to drop off for a friend and her family, and they'll get the full batch.

Pssst..... I did eat one of their ww breadsticks though.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #18  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothik butterfly View Post
Karaoke tonight... no alcohol, no smokes... but loads of fun! We're running karaoke idol and it's 80's theme week. The remaining contestants will be dressed in their best 80's and singing 80's songs. Should be a hoot!
Wow, only 4 pounds??? That rocks. And, you are a stronger woman than I: when I quit smoking [almost 8 years ago now], I couldn't go out for 3 months when there was smoking. Good for you! have fun, the 80s rock!
Old 03-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/174.5/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone

Ruth: I sooo remember sage green carpet we had this in our house back in the day...yuk. I'll bet you'll be glad to be getting rid of this.

Cottage: That septic tank incident doesn't sound fun.

Karen: Hope the rehab transfer goes smoothly for you.

Kara: That sucks a lot of your classes are being cancelled.

Lex: Happy b-day

As for myself, I think I'm going to get a badly needed trim today; I can no longer style the front of my hair. Then I need to get back to a mechanic & schedule some auto repairs. I will probably do some stock up cooking so I have some things to munch on. I didn't have enough lunch options yesterday (when I discovered my turkey franks were iffy) and got derailed for 1 meal but then got back to it @ dinner so today I think I will make some black bean soup & also the spaghetti squash pizza. Which version of black bean soup do you all tend to favor? I am in Phase 1. Thats it from here today so far.

Sue
Old 03-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #20  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Sue - My 2 favorite bean soups are the Black Bean "Stoup" and Refried Bean Soup, both in Soups and Stews Phase 1 under South Beach Recipes.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #21  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

HI Ladies!!! I am still around just overwhelmed with work and school. Our travel extravaganza is next week and my last final for this semester is tomorrow at 7 am. So my overwhelmness should be gone for hte most tomorrow afternoon. Monday and Tuesday shouldn't be stressful that will just be decorating days and such. anyone wanna come help me stuff a 1000 bags tomorrow?? LOL

Take care

Beautiful weather here!!! its in the 60s but the sun is shining bright!!

Tammie
Old 03-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: maintaining

It has been another one of those days. My mom's husband got rejected by the rehab places as too healthy! Despite the hospital staff saying that is what he needs. So we have been on the phone scrambling. I think he may end up going home TONIGHT and we need to find 24-hour assistance on our own. Then try to get him into outpatient rehab. I head up to the hospital later to meet with them and the doctor. Roller-coaster day.

I did not make it to yoga and really could have used some zen today.

Kara - No wonder you get so many hours in!

Jenn - I hope you get some answers soon.

Lisa - Poor Christopher. How about a picture of your bag?

Kari - I have never been to karaoke! Unless you count Rock Band in our basement. The 80s had some great music.

Sue - I had to come up with some PH1 foods that I could freeze for those emergency times. I haven't tried bb soup yet but would love too.

Tammie - Hang in there.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #23  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Nothing spectacular as far as Prada bags go, but it's still a Prada, and it's what I'm looking for. Not too big, not too small, and not so expensive that I'll have a stroke if I get a scuff on it. I am horrible with my purses and wear them out quickly but hopefully this one will last me awhile!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #24  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

"The System" Sucks. I'd tell you all my woes but it's so ridiculous.

I can't decide if I would never work for the County because they treat you like you're a moron... or if I WOULD work for them so at least I could show my clients some respect.

Just because I have bi polar does not make me a moron. I have a degree in Social Work and could probably do their jobs better than they can at this point.

bah.

But anyway, hope everyone's day is going better than mine.

I'm going to putz around and eat my hummus and fresh veggies.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 178/174.5/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello again

Weezle thanks for the soup suggestions. Hopefully, I will get to the store AND get that soup made. The black bean certainly looks easy enough but today has been a screwed up kinda day & I haven't done any of the things I meant to do on account of not feeling well. I thought I had the SB flu...fatigue, headache but it turns out I have that other special kind of flu along with today being day 3 for me.

Anyway good choice on the bag Weezle. Looks like it just weather the storm well. I bought a Dooney once (not nearly the $$$) but I bought it in a cream color & boy was I sry because when that thing did take a beating, you could tell and I was like look at my several hundred $$$s mess.

Kara sry your Mom's dad didn't get in. Hopefully something will open up soon.

Kari as a child of the 80s I have to agree we had some of the best music. I wouldn't karaoke to it though not with my voice although the bar owners would like that, it would probably drive people to buy more drinks
Closed Thread