South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #31  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Hi and happy March, everyone!

Thursday is my re-start date, the first 2 weeks menu is made, grocery list is made, my application for help with YMCA membership is ready to go in the mail and I've been smoke free for near 5 weeks now. (5 weeks this Thursday).

Feelin good... ready to get started ... though a little nervous, as always. Even though it's spring, I've worked out the financial stuff... and I'm past the worst month of the year for depressive episodes for me... my bi polar still has a way of screwin with my moods enough throughout the year that it causes self-destructive behavior and I can end up off plan.

One day at a time, I guess. I've been this strong to quit smoking after 18 years... I can stay on plan when that self-destructive pull happens. Right? Right!

I'm glad to see familiar faces.. and new ones as well around here! It's a comfort.

Shine bright!
Kari
Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #32  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Kari - YOU GO GIRL!!! Good for you getting your life together. Isn't it a wonderful feeling??? Smoke-free is AWESOME! So proud of you sister! Welcome back girlfriend, and no need to be nervous! You're gonna do great!!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #33  
South Beach P2

S/C/G: 168/160/120

Height: 5'2

Good Afternoon Beach Buddies,

March is roaring in at my house. Nothing but pouring rain today. Saturday I went to the "official" South Beach site and joined up. After browsing all weekend I'm sorry to say I'm just not getting much out of it. The site is very difficult to navigate. I will say that they have some nice tools such as trackers and journals. I was disappointed in the recipe section. You can't just browse recipes just to see if something strikes your fancy. You have to put in a search word such as "chicken" . I do have two S.B. cookbooks, so not a huge issue. And of course the recipes available here. I did stumble across a great recipe resource though. Let's see if I can make this link work:http://http://www.southbeachcenturyclub.com/

Schmoodle: St. Pete and Epcot sound like fun!

Karen: I hope your load lightens up a bit. Exercise does help with stress doesn't it?

PearlRose: The scale WILL move. Have faith and hang in there.

Kateh: There is a bit of a learning curve. You'll get the hang of it. Good luck with exams.

Kim: Good luck with P1. Once you get the proper groceries in you'll be fine. Don't let the elections stress you out too much.

Kslosingit: An end in sight with all the snow? Wonderful!

FoodObsessed: A runaway 10yr old is scary!!!! I feel for you Hun. Hang in there.

Jenne: Yeah, a lot on your plate. Take a deep breath. This too shall pass.

Jennyplain: Big congrats on the 2.5lbs! That's huge!

Tammies00: Tweens can be so much fun....OR NOT! LOL. Whew! The hormones will be swinging. Just gotta hang on for the ride!

Chelby: Disney in April is awesome. I accompanied DH on a business trip to Orlando about 3 years ago and we took some extra days for Disney. April is a perfect time for Disney! Your condo sounds awesome.

Ruth: Your post has a special meaning for me today. I hope you were able to get into the doc's. I'm a quilter too and belong to a guild. One of our members had a cough and went to the doctor last week. They diagnosed flu and sent her home. Things worsened the next day and she was in the hospital. I just received an e-mail today and she has PASSED- in the course of 4 days! Totally blows my mind. E-mails from all the members are confusing, but I'm hearing pneumonia! RUN to the doctor. Take care.

Lexiss: See above! Take care.

Mmckellen: Your stew sounds tasty!

Cottage: Just waving atcha!

Heidi: Congrats on exceeding your goal!

Twynn: Had a session with the "dreadmill" myself today. I have sort of a weird goal. I like to watch Dr. Phil every day and made a deal with myself that I get to watch him as long as I walked on the treadmill while he's on. Today was my first day. I do a dvd workout in the morning, so this is extra.
The time did pass quickly though.

Katybug: I'm rooting for you for those last 7lbs. You're close!

CyndiM: Waving atcha!

TomandKara: Sounds like you're on a decluttering mission! I need to do that too.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #34  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

It's been a busy day...thought I'd stop by before heading to the concert.

Ruth, hope the doc had good news.

Jenn, hope you got to feeling a bit better.

Karen, thanks for the update. I hope things continue to progress.

Schmoodle, I hope you hear from DH soon. That has to be so hard!

Releve, sorry to hear about your friend. I had a similar pneumonia several years ago and almost didn't make it. It was very scary.

Everyone else, tomorrow is another day.

Despite not feeling tip top, I rode my bike to the pool and back, 5.6 m. It was hard, but the only thing that's going to get me back in shape is putting the time in so I'm glad I did it-and glad the weather cooperated for a day.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:32 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Thanks Releve! I had been thinking about joining the SBD website but I'm glad I decided against it!
Closed Thread