South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 06:28 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Friday Fun Talk

Hey gals! I can't believe I'm posting the first one.

We're all ready to go to Washington tomorrow. I am SO PSYCHED. I love vacations! Because I have a 5 year old and live in New York City, camp planning starts now because everything fills up by the end of January. So I'm also planning our summer vacations. On the way back from Washington we're going to stop at the Jersey Shore (no, not Seaside!) and look at a house we intend to rent for a week in August with some friends. We've got our Florida trip planned for March, which just leaves a 5 day weekend in November to plan. I'm thinking Chicago or Montreal.

How is everyone this morning?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:44 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and thanks for starting us up. Your vacation plans sound great. I'm looking forward to Florida mid-March too when I'll be spending quality time with my grand daughter Tayler at Disney!

I'm spending some time shredding papers this morning as I did a major purge of my files yesterday. Donna comes to clean at nine and I have the gym at 7:30 so I'd better get my butt in gear.

See y'all later.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:57 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started Mmc. I, too, am on the run this AM. Wanted to say hi! We're packing the car, headed to funderland. I need to keep moving!

Have a great Friday everyone. I'm ready for some fun!
Old 01-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

MMCK - wow! the vacations sound great!! Enjoy your weekend trip, I am truly envious!

Ruth - LOL...shredding papers at 6 am on a Friday...and I thought I was wild!

Me - OMG..I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new cabinets. Of course, the crown moulding and countertops aren't even on yet, but I gasped when I saw the cabinets up! Luckily for me, oak now is the cheapest wood...to my delight! I can't wait to post pictures when it's all done...which will be a bit if I include finishing the ceiling, walls, etc...but we're getting there!

I think I'm going to do a long outdoor run today...it's going to be 40! That's actually great running weather. I did okay with eating on plan yesterday...not perfect, but not bad either. Did it by going to the Korean restaurant in town...YUM!! I'm not sure what I ate, but it was good! (fresh bean sprouts, some kind of sliced root...dunno...)

Have a great Friday chicks!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all I have vacation envy!

Mmc - congrats on your great PH1 loss Have fun on your travels.

Ruth - Glad you had a nice birthday. Is Tayler old enough for rides or more into Micky and the Princesses? I hate purging but love when it's done!

Debbie - What/where is Funderland? Enjoy.

Twynn - I can't wait to see your pictures. Isn't it amazing how warm 40 feels when it has been so cold?

Off for my weekly mother-daughter workout. Guests for dinner tonight so I need to get the meat marinating.

I had an interesting experience today and am curious what you all think. I read a blog entry (at the suggestion of the blogger after she read mine) and she had written about obese fat women vs. skinny fat women. I commented to her that I think we share many of the same emotions, struggles, and experiences regardless of how much we have to lose and that weight bias goes both ways. She may not like what I said

What do you think? Does size matter when we struggle with weight?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Waisting time - is it a public blog, can we read it too?

I think everyone has their demons. When I first started coming to this site, I almost felt...insignificant? because I only had 20 lbs to lose. But I still hated myself in the mirror, couldn't stand trying on clothes, etc. etc. And it was still hard to change my mindset of foods that I eat on a daily basis.

I remember telling my DH...."I would have to work reallllly hard to lose the weight that I have, and it's just not that important to me". This was after going to the gym every day early, but not making the dietary changes. Little did I know, it wasn't that hard to change my diet!! (I haven't had a fast food burger in 20 months...and I don't miss it!)

So, coming from someone that only needed to lose 20 lbs...no! size doesn't matter!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:46 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning The weekend is almost here and the weather is perfect

Mmc - Have a wonderful time away! I love the idea of vacation planning now. We area often last minute planners but I've been thinking we should do some planning. After all if I get a new job I want to be able to tell them I already have some time planned The only thing definitely planned is our May week in Maine.

Ruth - Happy cleaning out Hope the sun is out up your way today.

Debbie - Safe drive and enjoy the water. See you on the other side.

Twynn- Now I'm thinking about Korean food Enjoy that run

Waisting - Heavy topic so early in the morning. I'd be interested to see your thoughts on the subject. I think there are more factors than how much weight we want to lose. I've found that lifelong weight issues vs. more situational gain (pregnancy lbs, for example) create very different experiences and different needs when planning. Seems everyone can relate to "having a few lbs to lose" but lots of people want to pass judgment on the obese. However my super thin daughter is often the victim of unfortunate comments and judgment too - is she anorexic, unhealthy, etc. Kid eats more than I do and is super healthy, she just has great metabolism and loves to work out.

Gotta run because I'm behind schedule today. Hope you get a chance to enjoy some of the lovely weather!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:56 AM   #8  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning friends!

Today is day 6 of phase 1. I have lost 5 pounds as of this morning. YEAH!!!

No time for personals this morning. Still super tired, and so glad it is the weekend.

I am spending my weekend catching up on homework. I am not sure why I thought going back to school to finally finish my degree was a good idea with being a mom of two, wife, full time employee. I am working on my business degree. I am taking Macroeconomics and Business Calculus this term.

Take care
Tammie
Old 01-15-2010, 08:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Tammie - Congrats on your weight loss! I don't think I could go back to school at my age because my memory is so bad I'd never pass a test!

Cyndi - I agree that weight prejudice goes both ways. Funny, isn't it.

Twynn - if you are interested you can find it at the link below. I don't think size matters either, but I am like you and more of a "skinny" fat girl But what I read on this forum and on blogs reinforces to me that there are very universal shared experiences regardless of how much we need to lose.

http://haulinguphill.wordpress.com/2...-all-relative/
Old 01-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #10  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good morning ladies- not a ton going on here- just called my boss in effort to get off work today, I think it will work btw! lol. I totally blew my no alcohol thing last night. I drank a whole bottle of wine-for dinner! I just felt so stressed, I have an appt with the dr monday but if they tell me I can take off work then I will see if I can squeeze in somewhere today... other than that my plans are to organize! organize! declutter! get some of this stress out of my life! its really weighing on me... I think maybe hormones may be playing a part in my mood as well!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Here I am slinking in here with my coffee after indulging in a luxurious sleep-in. I love Fridays!

I'll be back shortly, I just got a phone call to deal with!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth- Happy Belated Birthday.

We had a conflicker virus outbreak at work so extremely busy at work that past few days so no time for personals.

I just got a moment to breathe this morning so wanted to say Hi.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #13  

I'm back.

This morning started out with a mini-crisis with Maggie that had to be taken care of, but all is happily resolved now, so I can get on with my weekend.

Except for a couple loads of laundry and a quick swiffering through the house, I plan to settle in and finish reading my book. Although I may take a walk over to the drugstore if the promised sun comes out later.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,
MMc - have a good time, if you decide to go to Montreal a side trip to Quebec City would be great, you can walk on the oldest street in North America and have no fear everyone speaks English. Montreal is fun too but its hometown to me.

Ruth - enjoy your gym

Debbie - have a safe trip and enjoy funderland after your very busy week.

Twynn - glad you like your new cabinets. Its nice to see things come together.

Waisting time - I have to think about your subject.

Cyndi - Enjoy your perfect weekend weather.

Tammies - you are one busy lady. Going back to school with two kids must be a challenge.

rdw - hope you get destressed this weekend

Cottage - enjoy your book. I meant to ask you when you soak your oatmeal in almond milk over night do you cook it too.

Pearlrose - hi

me - Went to the walking clinic twice this week but I don't think I will join, they do speed walking and its just not me. Christmas is gone from this house and I have to do some serious cleaning after slacking off for a while.
Nothing else on the agenda.
take care
Sophie
Old 01-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #15  

Good morning Sophie! To answer your question, after soaking my oatmeal overnight, I like to pop it in the microwave for about 2 minutes, just to warm it up. In the warmer months though, I eat it cold right from the fridge. It's my favorite way to make oatmeal these days.
Closed Thread