South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #1  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Default Craving cravings GO AWAY

Don't come again another day!!!

I am on day 7 on phase 1. I have wanted to munch all day. I haven't. Well I did on snow peas and cherry tomatoes turkey pepperoni.

Aunt Flo just now came. I think I figured out the cravings. Aunt Flo is a week early too. Now I feel all kinds of yucky. Give me strength to avoid temptations.

Tammie
The craziest thing is I haven't had any cravings at all week!!!

Last edited by tammies00; 01-15-2010 at 02:31 PM.
tammies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Here is some strength coming at ya (puff). I had the same exact experience on Sunday before AF came. When you crave, eat protein or cheese. It will satisfy you more. Been there gf!!!! Actually funny b/c the day that was the worst for me was also day 7 of Phase 1.

Last edited by Mmckellen; 01-15-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

drink some water! what are you craving for? See if there are some recipes for something to substitute!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

I am right there with you!! And I am only on day 5! I would give a breast for something but I am not breaking down. I even went to a pita place for lunch and had salad. OMG I want it so bad. No matter how much salad I eat and how many almonds I swallow... I am still hungry.

I had pretty much ZERO cravings until now. I feel like my addiction might get the best of me =(
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Try having a mug of hot tea, that sometimes will help curb those cravings. Have you tried the Black Bean Brownie recipe yet? On Phase I, I like to keep them around for days when I have the munchies. One other suggestion is to have some raw veggies with hummus.

Good luck and hang in there!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

for you! Go over what you've eaten in the last week and be sure no sugar has crept in. Even with TOM around, your cravings should be minimal at this point. Hope they disappear soon!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #7  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

I wouldn't say it is a craving. I just wanted to snack all day. I wan't hungry. I just wanted to snack. That is why I portion controlled my cheese and pepperoni and add extra tomatoes and snap peas. I didn't drink enough water yesterday, but am well on my way to enough today.

I think it is culmanation of things...bad day at work, Aunt Flo, moody grumpy and just feel yuck, tired....etc. etc. etc. I will not cheat. I turned down chocolate today. My coworker kept trying to give me chocolate. She also tried to give me sugared mints, she tried to give me some other candies too. Today was her first day back at work and she wanted to share the goodies she got at a training. I kept saying no thank you I can't have it.

It is more of a habit to want bbq potato chips and snickers at this time of hte month. I used to use it as an excuse to eat alot of them. So it is a learned behavior that I have to unlearn.

Thanks for all of the advice. I havnen't really craved anything sweet this week. I haven't eaten "dessert" most nights. I havne't wanted it.

I only wanted something for about an hour this morning. I wanted somehting salty. I wanted a nice green tart apple with salt and pb.

Take care
Tammie

Last edited by tammies00; 01-15-2010 at 05:46 PM.
tammies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #8  
SusanL

S/C/G: 162/156.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Hi South Beachers...I am new here and on day 11 (almost over for me since I am 6 hours ahead of you in Europe). I must say that I haven't had very many cravings. AF dropped in yesterday and I didn't even have those horrible cravings the few days prior to her arrival...I have more energy, too. But I am tired of eggs for breakfast. I cannot wait for some real oatmeal and yogurt and fresh fruit for breakfast. Tuesday coming I will be in heaven!
susiehomemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Tammie, I went through a spot later in P1 where I really wanted to eat stuff-can't tell you if it was mental, physical or a combo. A few nights I just went to bed rather than eating off P1 foods. I'm certain I didn't have any hidden sugar. Fortunately, it didn't last. It was a great motivator to complete a clean P1.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Something is up with the 7th day. I cheated on the 7th day. 7 is a lucky number, ya know. I guess it means if we survive the 7 day, we will do well on this diet.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote