South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #16  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Cat, what a beautiful photo!
Old 01-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, I slept in this morning as well just finished making breakfast for everyone who is awake.

Ruth- glad you decided to skip going out into the cold weather, I like to hibernate as well when it is super cold.

Twynn- your project is going fairly quickly, well it seems like it to us probably not to you , hopefully work will go quickly for you.

Heidi glad you made it safely - drive safely when you go back home.

MmcKellan- have fun at the Container store, I am half organized but definitely need to organize the house a bit more. Keep staying OP.

Cat- glad your DH thought to bring in the lemon tree for you. Hopefully all of your plants will recover.

Cyndi- enjoy your wii fit exercise today- I would love one but refuse to buy another gaming system for this house. I will just stick to my videos.

Cottage- glad you got to sleep in and enjoy your day.

Waisting- enjoy your day today.

Debbie- Wow you did sleep in this morning- good for you. Enjoy your home projects today.

Today nothing on the agenda at all except for DS truck it wouldn't start in this extreme cold weather we are having so we are taking his battery to get checked and see if that is what needs replaced. I rather it be that than the starter or alternator. Still staying OP foodwise- didn't get exercise yesterday but I guess that will just be the rest day for the week and continue on.

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #18  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Just had to brag - I had a Kara style whoosh this morning. Guess some of that holiday pigginess hadn't gotten comfortable yet. Now to get rid of the 6 lbs I've been carrying since the wedding
Old 01-09-2010, 10:21 AM   #19  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Wow what a busy board it is today.

Ruth - hope some quilting in your new studio is on the agenda too

Twynn - Your renovation will be worth it in the end. What kind of floor do you have. We have been looking a laminates does anyone have any experience with those.

Heidi - hope your drive home is better.

MmKellan - here's to a good weekend for you.

Cat - oh having a lemon tree must be wonderful. Love the way you document things with pictures.

Cottage - enjoy your cappuccinos this weekend.

WaistingTime - keep warm.
Cyndi - congratulations, what a way to start a new year.

Pearlrose - enjoy your weekend, you are usually so busy.

Debbie - how many hats does that make this year. Still thinking about my project.

me - going to see Avatar this afternoon and the new kitchen light fixture is being installed, DS is going to help since its quite hard for my DH to keep his arms up for a long time.
take care
Sophie

me -
Old 01-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, on your Whoosh! And thanks for the info!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 7"

Good news, we just had to replace DS battery and his truck started right up. Yeah!!!

Okay now to clean house and get some exercise!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #22  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

hi all! spent the morning taking down Xmas decor and fighting with DW. Ugh.

Not a good day at all right now.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #23  
Be happy.

Hope the evening goes better Jenn.

I'm home safe and sound. I had a great visit, and an easy drive home. My dad is feeling really good this weekend and my mom and I went out on snowshoes for a short walk this morning!
Old 01-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #24  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Jenn I hate when that happens...and it's inevitable. I hope you're feeling better. BTW I noticed you're only 2# off your Jan goal!

Heidi, glad you made it back and that you had a great visit with your folks-and got a little snowshoeing in.

Pearlrose, glad the truck fix didn't cost an arm and a leg. Hope your house is clean and you're enjoying a night at home.

Sophie, I've only finished 3 hats this year. How was the movie?

Cyndi, I think it's the Wii Whoosh!

We had a nice day at home-we were going contra dancing but decided to stay home and watch basketball. I have a SF lemon cake in the oven-a small one for us and one for our church potluck tomorrow. Hope it survives the SB tweak!
Old 01-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #25  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Thanks all. Still tension but at least with the anger we got all the Xmas/Hanukkah decor down and laundry put away!

Now I am just awaiting a call from my brother or sister letting me know my niece is born! Today is their bday (sister and brother) so I am hoping the baby holds out 20 more minues
Old 01-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #26  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. It must be still pretty cold out there because Jazz and Disney were back at the door in less than a minute. I'll check for yellow snow later.

Yesterday was very peaceful. I actually stayed in my robe all morning and worked on my quilt then went for produce in the afternoon. It was wonderfully peaceful with no phone calls or drop-ins. I know I sound like a hermit but quiet times are important to me. In Swedish there is a door sign that says "You may as well come in - the day is ruined already!"

Off to Church this morning and then another day of quiet although I may drive around this afternoon and deliver the books for the book club.

I hope your Sunday is a day of rest.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:12 AM   #27  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning Ruth, and all who follow.

Last day on Phase I for me. I will spend my day thinking about what/if I add back tomorrow. Last time around it was steel cut oats for breakfast, my hardest SB meal of the day. This time I think I will try to only add things late in the day.

It is supposed to warm up to the 20s today so I am making DH grill outside tonight

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:16 AM   #28  

Good Sunday morning!

It's 15* here and Jake just went outside for something in his robe and barefeet. I'm showered and dressed but I'm still huddled under a quilt on my couch!

Jenn, I hope today's the day you become an auntie and that it's a peaceful day in your household!

Sophie, we are thinking about putting in laminate wood flooring for our entire downstairs. My advice is to shop around and look for a high quality product. If you get a good one, it will look exactly like real hardwood and last a lifetime. Good luck!

We did end up going to Cracker Barrel for breakfast yesterday, and we both enjoyed our breakfasts. Ruth got me hungry for poached eggs on toast, and I ordered mine with sliced tomatoes, and it hit the spot! We are staying in for breakkie this morning, though, I and have my oats soaking in almond milk right now.

I think it'll be a serene Sunday here. We got a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle that we started making a lot of progress on yesterday, and will probably while away the afternoon working on that. I expect the kids to be here for dinner and am drawing a blank slate as to what to fix. Maybe Jake will have a good suggestion.

I'm going to make another mug of cappuccino!
Old 01-10-2010, 07:38 AM   #29  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm waiting for my latte from Cottage to arrive It's 2.8 here. How is that even a real temperature?!

Jenn - I know from facebook she waited until today. Congratulations! Hope all is peaceful in their world and in yours today.

Ruth - I'm a big fan of occasional hermit days. One of the reasons I like walking is the enforced solitude and thinking time. What's next for the book club?

Waisting - Sounds like you've got a good handle on this transition thing. I was one of those people who had to keep my grain servings for later in the day early on. Apples or berries are often good foods to add in the beginning if you like those. Eat them with PB or yogurt for a nice snack. Just a thought. Good luck and let us know how it's going

Cottage - How long do you soak your oats? I can't remember.
How about something in the crockpot for dinner so you can really relax all afternoon? Speaking of , how was that soup last night?

Another normal weekend day here. We are thinking of seeing Avatar in 3D. It's at the theater near the Trader Joe's we go to. I think that will be part of our long weekend plan though. It's just too darned cold out there today. I think we will hibernate again Plenty to do around here because I spent yesterday experimenting with recipes. I even have a last batch of apples to either dry or make into applesauce.

I hope there is a little rest and a little fun and plenty of warm beverages in your day
Old 01-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #30  

One latte coming right up, Cyndi. Anyone else?

Cyndi, the soup was pretty bland and I had to add several things to it to jazz it up. I was pretty disappointed and tossed the recipe.
As for dinner, Dustin and Andrea are very picky eaters, but chili in the crockpot sounds doable. I'll run it by Jake to see if he's in the mood for it. I always soak my oats overnight for my oatmeal, then pop it in the microwave for a minute or two in the morning.
Closed Thread