South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Ruth, please wish Leenie and Jiff and cheery "good morning" from me, also! I sure wish I was able to go along with them, too, but too many family obligations. I miss you all, and can just imagine all the fun you're having!

I'm having the family over at nine for a big breakfast featuring sausage & gravy and all the other fixings, but I'm just partaking of the eggs and toast. Later this afternoon we'll have another housefull for a turkey dinner, so I'll be in the kitchen most of the day. It won't be too bad, though, as I'll have lots of helpers.

I'm going to pour myself another cup of coffee and enjoy it before everyone shows up!
Old 12-27-2009, 07:31 AM   #17  
Be happy.

Good morning Ruth, I like your new ticker.
I'm glad your guests arrived safely - and bearing gifts.
Enjoy your day!

Cottage, I'm sorry you weren't able to find a tree you liked yesterday. There were lots of good buys though, eh? I was wishing I hadn't spent so much money before Christmas, I would have started shopping for NEXT Christmas yesterday. They were practically giving things away at Kohls. You've got a busy day ahead of you. It sounds really nice, though. Have a great day!

It's a slippery mess here today, sleet and freezing rain with cars off the road all over the county according to the radio. I guess I'll need to call in and tell them I won't make it to church this morning. We're quite a ways from town and I'm spoiled because I teach school. I've got one of the few professions where I get to stay off the roads in bad weather.

Everyone at my house seems to have caught that Christmas cold. The good news is I'm so congested I don't feel like eating. The bad news is I'm so congested I don't feel like exercising either. lol

Enjoy your Sunday friends.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:40 AM   #18  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a sure sign of winter - my first batch of crockpot porridge ready for breakfast. Though winter is a little too warm today. 41 today and 14 Tuesday, that's just cruel!

Ruth - Glad to hear your visitors made it without incident and brought you lots of goodies Have a lovely day

Cottage - Sounds like a perfect day for you - busy and filled with family Enjoy

Heidi - Sounds like a perfect day to curl up at home with a book and a mug of tea. Hope you feel better.

We are trying an early morning Target run. I've got some returns, of course, and a couple of things to pick up. Then it's housecleaning, working out and some cooking. I'm thinking it might be a good week for pea soup so will throw some in the crockpot. I end up sharing it with my BF because DW is not a fan. I love it though so have to make it in for cold weather.

I plan to enjoy my last day off to the max in spite of the chores
Old 12-27-2009, 08:53 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello chicks, hope all that celebrate the holidays had a merry one! Christmas here was very nice, and we were able to get up the mountain in my brother's four-wheel drive vehicle to have dinner with my family. Yesterday was recovery day, and some friends came over for a laid-back dinner. Today, I think I'll be unable to avoid taking DD to use her gift card to Aeropostale, so hopefully everyone else did their shopping yesterday. Back to work tomorrow, but trying not to think about that yet!
I feel the need for a cleanse, so I put on a pot of split pea soup and another of veggie soup this morning. I'm feeling headachey and nasty from overindulgence. Tons of laundry to catch up and a wet basement to dry out. Fun stuff!

Good luck with the Target run, Cyndi, and I see you're going to make pea soup too. Once again, great minds think alike! Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas and you win the Good Behavior prize.
Heidi, sorry you all got the cold. DD had it just before Christmas and Dh has it now. I think he feels pretty lousy. Take care of yoruself.
cottage, sounds like another Christmas for you. Enjoy! I hadn't seen the half trees. I'll have to check into those, as space is always at a premium around here.
Ruth, have fun with your company.
Lexxis, I hope you had a nice, lazy day yesterday. I certainly did.
Hey Kara, see you soon. Hello Ally Kat and Gumby.
Chelby, I hope I can get to the kids' rooms this week for cleaning and reorganizing. At least they didn't get a bunch of toys that need to be put away.
Hey Twynn, I have enjoyed your Christmas and birthday pics on FB!
Hi LC, Happy Boxing!
Old 12-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #20  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Happy Sunday!

Soup is on the agenda here, too.Cottage, I'm amazed at your continuing holiday stamina!

It's pretty laid back here, and I think I'll take advantage of that since tomorrow we need to have my Sis to Denver Intl. by 6:30. I'm putzing and doing my initial sort for the trip back over the mountains. We got new tires yesterday, so we're prepared for any weather. I'm looking forward to getting back in the old routine.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 12-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #21  
Visualizing the Goal

AllyCat, congrats on your previous loss and especially on your maintenance! I've not had any problems with energy levels and I also am pretty active. You should join our exercise challenge next month! It's always in the sticky section and it's a fun way to keep tabs on your progress.

Lisa, sorry you've been feeling yucky. Hope you are getting better day by day. And now I'm singing Godspell in my head.

Linda, when you were talking about half trees I thought it was just the bottom half. I was confused. Now I get it!

Ruth, folks from New Jersey are some of my favorite kinds of folks.

Heidi, I hope you feel better quickly! Probably a good choice not venturing out in yucky weather. Stay safe!

Cyndi, I hope your day lasts for ages and ages!

Schmoodle, I hope your detox goes well. I am feeling lousy from eating crud but I seem to be unable to keep my fingers out of the cookie jar. I need one of those shock collars they have for dogs.

Debbie, drive safely and enjoy your time with your sister!

Last edited by tomandkara; 12-27-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #22  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind another person joining in. I'm starting the South Beach program - phase one today. I've been thinking about it for awhile and need to start changing habits while still losing weight. I've done a lot of research and this seems to be pretty good and not a diet as much of a healthier way of eating. As soon as I say diet I feel like I'm depriving myself of something.

So this being my first day and the next week I am sure feeling like I am in detox, any quick tips? I am fearful to remove my coke zero issue at the same time as doing this - but I am wondering if I should remove all crutches at the same time or ease off the coke zero - I don't drink an excessive amount but sometimes I think it feeds cravings for other things?

So any advice for a newbie would be so great. I have a lot of weight to lose, about 80 pounds but I am starting for a smaller goal first of 33.

Did you all stay on phase one for just two weeks or can you go a little longer to help break the habits?
Old 12-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #23  
Visualizing the Goal

Welcome to the board Staccie! I always find it easier to make changes a little at a time. It's easier for me to stick with changes when I don't overwhelm myself with a whole bunch all at once.

Good luck with phase 1!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #24  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Ally Cat and Staccie!
Closed Thread