South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I mix diet gingerale and skim milk half and half. Yummy! Be sure to put the milk in first or it curdles.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #17  
Be happy.

Oh, yes I do like root beer floats.
OK, maybe I won't wait til Beth gets here to try this one. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
I mix diet gingerale and skim milk half and half. Yummy! Be sure to put the milk in first or it curdles.
LOL I'm sure that it's really good or you wouldn't like it Ruth, but that disclaimer... LOL

Thank you for the idea though - it tastes similar to the creme soda they were talking about? I think we've got some diet ginger ale in the house already....

Last edited by beachgal; 11-16-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: If you want to add something to a post you've already written, just hit the "Edit" button. :)
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #18  
Reluctant Adult

Yes, asphixia63 makes Italian Cream Sodas the same as I do... I pour a half cup or so of 1% milk in a glass with ice, then pour in sparkling soda water to top up the glass. Lastly, I add whatever flavor of sugar free syrup I want -- usually either vanilla or hazelnut. Give it a quick stir and enjoy!

I make SF cocoa like this: Pour Splenda to taste into a good-sized mug. Add a dash of salt (it enhances the flavor of chocolate) and a heaping teaspoon full of the darkest unsweetened cocoa powder you can find. Mix the dry mixture well. Add about a tablespoon of 1% milk; stir the powder and milk together into a paste. Then add the rest of your milk to the top of the mug. It will still have some lumps in it, but fear not -- these will disappear as you heat the cocoa. I heat mine in the microwave for a minute and a half (watch closely, because it can overboil), stir it well, then heat for an additional minute to get it piping hot.

It's my favorite treat every evening, and it ensures I get my calcium every day!

Hope this helps.
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #19  
Be happy.

Thank you, that does help. Your cocoa sounds much tastier than a packet of the instant.

I'm so glad I asked for ideas, thank you everyone! *hug*
Old 11-15-2009, 11:15 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

That cocoa does sound very delicious! I'll have to try it this week!
And about that curdling disclaimer- some syrups tend to curdle the milk if you add the two directly to each other, but like Ruthxxx and raebeaR said, if you do the milk first, then the carbonated water, and the syrup last it might prevent that.
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #21  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Heidi, here's my recipe for hot chocolate (okay in all phases).

There are other recipes and ideas in the Hot Chocolate thread in the Recipe Forum (under Snacks, Phase 1).

Heidi, I hate eggs, too, though they're okay in things, like baked goods. Trust me, you're not a picky eater--at least from what we know so far. I have friends who are seriously picky, and you're not at all like them!

Have you checked out the Pinkcherry frozen yogurt recipe yet? It's in the recipe forum under P2 Desserts. It's super yummy! Good way to get yogurt in....
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #22  
Be happy.

Thanks Laurie! I had some cocoa yesterday and it really hit the spot.
I haven't tried the pinkcherry frozen yogurt - I'll check that out.

I think I need to order some DaVinci syrups online. I can't find them in stores and all I've got is chocolate and caramel SF syrups.... I'm enjoying those but I think I'd really enjoy some fruity ones.

And thanks for the reassurance, I'm starting to feel as if I sound like a whiner. I really do enjoy most foods, just not eggs or milk. lol

Last edited by Heidi58; 11-16-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #23  

Where do you buy the divinci syrups??? I need to go to a real grocery store instead of walmart i guess!! lol
1lesslb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #24  
Be happy.

I've still not been able to find Davinci in my neck of the woods (Maine) but I can get sugar free Torani syrups at the larger grocery stores. I find them in the coffee aisle.

You can buy either brand online.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:23 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

I've seen Torani syrups at TJ Maxx. Torani, Davinci, and Monin syrups are all available online. Or if you have a local coffee shop, you might be able to ask them to add a bottle of something for you next time they make an order. That way you can try the flavors too before you buy them.
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #26  

I buy the Torani sugar free ones at World Market. They have quite a few flavors in the sugarfree while the grocery store and Sam's only carries one or two flavors. I love the chocolate and white chocolate as well as the vanilla. I signed up for their email newsletter and it tells me when they put them on sale.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote