South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #16  

The meeting at the school for parents of 6th graders went really well. Brian wants to take PreAP English, Math, Science and Social studies. I'm sure he can handle it but he also wants to take Japanese and that just seems like it will be a tough language. He didn't get the magnet school that does Robotics and Technology but he got the Math/Science/Leadership magnet so he'll also take a year of leadership (probably in 8th). Only 6 kids from his school got into this magnet school so I doubt if he can carpool with any of the others. We have a meeting at the Jr High next week so hopefully I can find out where the bus would drop him off.

Tonight I'm supposed to meet with my lawyer but he hasn't emailed me the paperwork yet. I need to confirm what time and place we are meeting. At least Don is picking Brian up and taking him to his Cub Scout derby races so I don't have to worry about bringing him with me to something he shouldn't be at.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #17  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!! We're certainly chatty this morning!

Ruth - Another responsibility given to you. I'm sure you're happy to do this for your friend, but do you ever say "no"??? I just worry that you over stress, but apparently you're good. Glad you had a good time with Disney at the home yesterday.

Cottage - Sorry that the weather has been a bummer all winter. I hope the spring comes soon for you!

Nat's Mom - I'm with you re: gardening. So many around here have green thumbs. I try to gleam as much from them as possilble.

Cyndi - Bummer about your job. I'm sure that things are just going to get tighter this year. But I know you'll be just fine!

me4life - Good luck on the job search today!

usam - I hope things are better today. I said a prayer for your little one. I hope the tests come back that everything is ok.

Laurie - Let us know how the African Stew turns out...If it's good, will you please share the recipe?!?!?

Chelby - A 400lb organ???? I hope someone plays. Good luck moving it. Don't hurt yourself!

Stephanie - YUCK!!!! I hope you were able to get the taste of soap out of your mouth. May the day look up!

Schmoodle - Yeah, I'm not looking forward to wrinkles as my face thins. Not fun!

Lori - Interesting to hear that about your former boss. Good luck with the job hunt!

Me -So I just flushed a very large spider down the toilet right now. As I was doing personals it crawled onto the monitor. I was fortunately able to catch him and dispose quickly, but YUCK!!!! Kind of gives me the willies! Anyone watching Biggest Loser this week. Joelle is an idiot!!!! I'm also picking up American Idol this year. I love Hollywood week. It's so interesting to see who thrives under all that pressure. Tonight's group night, which is always fantastic AND a train wreck. Can't wait!
Have a great Wednesday, ladies! BLESSINGS!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Ruth: It's great that you and Disney had such a nice visit at the nursing home. I wonder if I'm a gardening ho, yet. I probably need a few more seasons of experience. Have a wonderful day!

Natalie'sMom: Natalie's term for provolone is adorable! I hope you have a nice day and enjoy your workout.

Cottage: I'm usually in no hurry to get to spring, but this year I am and it hasn't been that bad here at all! I hope you have a good day with the girls and stay safe on those roads!

Cyndi: I'm sorry for the stress and struggles you and your coworkers are going through. It's really sad that, in these economic crises, non-profits and small, family-owned businesses are the first to suffer and often hardest hit. Our system seems backwards right now and I hope it all straightens out soon. At least you'll have that midday workout for some stress relief!

me4life: Good morning and good luck with the job hunt!

usam: My thoughts are with you and your family, here and overseas! Great job not drowning your stress in food!

Laurie: Enjoy your day...African stew sounds intriguing!

Chelby: So, you're not normal, who here is? I hope the appointment goes well. Be careful with the organ moving!!

Stephanie: Yuck! That would definitely ruin my morning. I hope you have a great day!

Schmoodle: That IS depressing. Oh well...we're all working our way to healthy bodies. Let's just predict that we'll be so fit and feisty in our old age that they won't notice the wrinkles!!

Lori: My dogs are like that as well. They don't mind the snow, but if it's raining, the big lab especially, would rather sit inside holding it for 2 days than go in the rain. Sending good thoughts your way regarding the job search.

Barb: Congrats to Brian (and his mom) for getting into a magnet school! I hope the commute to/from the magnet school isn't too bad. I was accepted to one in San Antonio, but there was no feasible way to get me to and from. I think that, to make it on time, I would have had to catch a public bus at 5:30 in the morning and I wouldn't get home until 7 pm!!! That was too much for me.

Heather: You're a much better woman than I. A large spider traipsing across my monitor would have me screaming for DH in an instant. IMO, there's not much worse than a spider. I hope you have a nice day!

Me: I started "Fly-ing" last night and felt so energized and motivated by it. I'm going to get this new workout schedule to be feasible while keeping the house running. It is tough, but we'll get through it. Today is my rest day, so I'll be working on the usual cleaning, laundry and bills. I got the kitchen clean and my shiny sink greeted me this morning. I'm ready for the rest of the house to match.

I've been thinking "garden" for a while now. My blog on Saturday featured some great hand-made garden-themed items. I think I'll do some more planning and maybe re-scrub the pots this weekend.

Well, off to see what the big news is this morning! I hope everyone to come has a great day!

~Kim
Old 02-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #19  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Afternoon, chicks! No time for personals...on my tea break and need to get back on my enquiries counter! Apparently my FIL has staphylococcus which is doctor words for a massive, nasty, infection that resists just about every antibiotic. ~sigh. You vibes and prayers are greatly needed. Thanks

for all!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #20  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

It is so cold here, hoping a little sunshine will warm me up!
Hello there! I have been MIA for too long!! I realized how important this site has been for motivation to stay on track! I have been working out like crazy.... hitting the gym every morning after I take the kids to school. Between changing my time and eating a small breakfast with a little coffee, it has really helped me turn up the intensity of my workouts! Being really stressed out also helps!! I look at it this way... I can take my unemployment status and go two routes. 1 - either workout and lose weight or 2 - stress eat and gain it all back!! I don't want to do the 2nd! So, help me get back on track. I need to light my motivational fire again.
I haven't caught up on old threads, I think too many have passed. Loriann.... did you lose your job?!?!
DH is still working. They announced at this company that they are cutting 8000 jobs before the end of March. We are hoping and praying that he stays. I don't know what we'll do!! Trying to stay positive! He told me that I am his rock, and he needs me to stay strong. I am trying, but inside I feel like falling apart. Just trying to make it week by week we said. We'll get thru this.
Happy to be back! I have missed you all!!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 02-04-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Sorry to hear about everyone trials regarding jobs, I have all of you in my prayers.

Have a great day.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #22  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

frick. A man just showed up from the electric company demanding payment -- which I know that I paid online. I can't find the transaction in my online bank statement! He said he would come back tomorrow.

crap.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #23  
Determined to lose!

Don't worry Zeff, we'll miss ya! (hehehe)... I'm sure you'll figure out what to do!

Just got back from Boughten Park with the dogs. My son called asking me to go to lunch with him on my money! LOL, his way of saying "I'm hungry, feed me!"... I had to stop at the library cause the Insulin Resistance book came in and I wanted to pick it up while I'm in town. Our library has a system of several counties and towns, if you want a book and it's in a different library they'll bring it to the library of your choice, no charge. Makes the selection almost bottomless! Well, I had about an hour to kill so I drove over to Boughten park where I took Jade for hiking most last summer. I figured to let the pups run for a spell thinking it'd be too deep for me to do anything. Boy was I pleasantly surprised to see they actually plow the path the entire trek of the park! I went in only about a quarter of the way or so, and turned around. I had on sneakers that had NO thread and parts of the trail are now ice, so I walked on the side of the trail where other's had trod, because the snow on the side made for good treking, in certain areas. The rest of the way I was fine on the plowed part. The dogs will be good for the rest of the night, they are now fast asleep!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

He came to your door zeff? Boy, they don't mess around do they? If you haven't got cash tomorrow is he going to rough you up?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #25  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

We've successfully moved the 400 pound organ. I broke a nail. I'm sure I was a big help.

Got the results from my bloodwork. My total cholesterol was actually down -- 206 total, 1.5 ratio. She said that was very good. My triglycerides are higher this year than last -- 194. She said it's not high enough to take medicine. Hooray! She really didn't give me any suggestions for getting it down beyond what I'm already doing, eat good carbs and good fats and exercise. Do you have suggestions for lowering triglycerides?

Zeff -- Get your Italian Uncle to be with you tomorrow when the Power Company comes to visit.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #26  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

zeff i've paid bills on online that for some reason never went thru and didn't realize it til i didn't know why they never took the money out. good luck with it.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #27  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
He came to your door zeff? Boy, they don't mess around do they? If you haven't got cash tomorrow is he going to rough you up?
He mentioned something about giving him the cash or my firstborn...

(actually, the way he's been acting lately I could use the break!)

Anyway, I found the transaction and the confirmation number from the power company. I guess so many people don't pay their electricity bills down here that they employ an entire troop of people to disconnect -- and it wasn't even like my bill was past due for months and months! It was due on Jan. 18!
Old 02-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #28  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good evening girlies! No time for personals once again... just got home from work and have some laundry and other misc. things to catch up on. I am thinking tonight will be veggie burgers and sweet potato fries just so I can toss it all in the oven and forget about it for 30 minutes!
Rusty(my big 70lb pile of pitiful) wasn't as pitiful this morning and even seems to have some energy and moving around a lot more tonight... maybe we won't have to take him to the vet afterall! Looks like he kept his food down today-although he wasn't given much, and I will do the same tonight... Hopefully it was just a fluke....

Weather has been super cold here I am soooo ready for spring! It went from 70 on Sunday to 20 and snow the following day!!!! ugh! anywho- Hope you guys have a great night!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #29  

I've got the document from the lawyer. I just need to add in some information (Brian's soc number and some other numbers he didn't have) and then get it to Robert to take a look at. I'm hoping he will agree but I know that there are things he won't like. My lawyer says if he doesn't like it we'll get a court date anyway. YEAH!!

Don and I had lunch together and then he picked up Brian from afterschool care and watched him while I was at the lawyer. I got to pick him up from Home Depot where they were getting stuff I needed for the house. This worked out great for me and Brian enjoyed it too. I'm glad he was able to do it as I couldn't have made it back from the lawyer before 6 when the afterschool care closed.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:37 PM   #30  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

whooo hoooo Barb! Great news! I know you've been waiting for a while for this and I am happy for you! Hope its smooth sailing from here on out for you!
Closed Thread