South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:22 AM   #1  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Question re Dairy

ok i have a question...its been almost 2 weeks since i started phase 2 but during the whole phase 1 and up til now i can't seem to get milk in....how important is it to get in milk and how much should i try (i know it says up to 2 in phase 1 and up to 3 in phase 2). but how much do i need and does anyone have ways to make it taste better...i bought plain yogurt and can't get myself to eat it and on top of it i don't like splenda which doesn't help. i made the hot chocolate recipe and didn't like the after taste of the splenda so only made it the one time.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Here's a previous thread regarding dairy that you may find helpful, ME. Also, do add milk to your coffee or tea, that would count towards your dairy, too. You can also count a serving of SF pudding.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135156
Old 01-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I feel you, Me. Milk without Cheerios is just wrong! I made a yummy dessert -- mock blizzard. 1 cup milk, 1/2 oz pudding, 1 cup ice. Whiz it up in the blender. I also added an extra tsp of Hershey's cocoa powder. Very yummy.

Credit where credit is due: It's Rikki's recipe.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #4  

I add Torani or DaVinci sugarfree syrup to my milk and I love it that way. Just a dash of vanilla, chocolate or even coconut and it tastes so much better. And of course I love it in pudding.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #5  

I don't usually like plain yogurt either, but I find it tastes good with the Phase II berry smoothies. I add a little milk to make it thinner.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I don't drink milk, per se, but I do like cheeses and SF pudding in Phase II. I also love Greek yogurt. It has a much tastier flavor and texture than regular plain yogurt. In addition, I like to get a tall skinny latte at Starbucks (SF syrup, skim milk, no whipped cream). It doesn't taste like milk, but you're getting all the nutrition. I would also take a calcium and Vitamin D supplement if you can't get enough in your daily diet.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

There are people out there who do not believe in drinking milk and state we're the only ones that drink the milk of another species and question the value of it. It made me think, but I do like milk.

However, I also don't like to waste my calories on a glass of milk if I can have something else healthful (I still keep an eye on calories). I love cheese and have been able to eat more of that (lowfat) on SB so I'm happy with that form of dairy and tried a recipe here called Fake Garlic Bread that gave much more bang for the buck (calorie) than a glass of milk.

I also take calcium pills so I feel good about my intake.

Last edited by judyo; 01-27-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #8  
Creative Beacher

For me, milk seems to boost my weight loss.

I found Disney Magic Selections milk flavoring mix-in sticks at Kroger, same section you would find Nestle Quick. I think they are made for kids but they're sugar free. They also have a few added vitamins. The vanilla & strawberry are really good but the chocolate malt tastes a little funky to me. I use these in my ricotta cheese, too.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by merryalta View Post
For me, milk seems to boost my weight loss.
Lots of studies report increased weight loss with eating 3 servings of dairy a day, although it doesn't have to be just milk.
Closed Thread