South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 06:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beach Chatter

Good morning! Three cheers for the weekend!

We're heading into the Amish country for breakfast and some grocery shopping this morning. There's a huge craft outlet mall up there, too, that I want to browse around in. The afternoon looks quiet for now, but the munchkins may come over for supper. Amber is selling Girl Scout cookies, and Grandpop is always a big sucker for them! I want to add a few boxes in Caitlyn's next care package, too.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:46 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Cottage, I wish I could join you. Our closest Amish market is in southern Ontario which is about a five hour drive from here. I might just as well drive to your place for the additional two hours! Throw a bit extra into the pot for supper!

We're back to cold weather again but now the way below zero stuff of earlier in the month. It'll get up to 0ºF today. I plan a morning of a few errands and a friend is coming over to visit this afternoon and sip some tea. It's going to be a peaceful weekend. My sister and BIL were in late yesterday and we had pizza from the diner - not good but a lot of fun.

I hope your weekend has islands of calm in a sea of chaos.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:48 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Good morning cottage. Have fun in the Amish country!

I have to wait on the fixit man, who has to fix the toilet he just installed! the thing rocks like a car with bad shocks! After that I am taking the dogs to Baker's Field... it's a wide open space where dogs are allowed to run free, and I wont have to worry about them pulling on my back and upsetting the pains in my abdomen. I then am headed shopping for food and birthday presents. I'll be visiting my sister and my brother tomorrow, my brother's and his twin sister (not the same sister) have a birthday today. the first sister I mentioned, her eldest birthday was last Saturday so I have to pick him up a present, and a different brother's son will be 6 on Feb 2nd, so I'll have to send that present to Florida. hhmmm,....... having nine brothers and sisters, and 21 nephews and nieces and great nieces, I need a second job!

The scale is holding at 170! I'm excited! As most of you are aware I've been having a hard time getting below 178! It's been years since I've been this weight!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

good morning chicks!

Cottage - you scared me with those cheerleaders, my coffee hasn't kicked in yet . The amish market sounds delightful....I should meet you there sometime! Hmmmm.....a weekend without kids....now THAT sounds delightful! (sometimes, anyway )

Ruth - The zero sounds....horrid. I know it's supposed to be colder here today too, I haven't had the heart to look! Keep warm!

Lori - Sounds like the dogs should have a blast!! Congrats on the 170!!!

me - I'm meeting a friend for breakfast....really looking forward to that! Then cleaning today, since we're having a family over for supper/games tonight. That should be fun too! My husband likes the idea of periodically having people over, it insures we actually clean the house occasionally .

Stay warm everyone!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning chicks and happy weekend!

I do wish I could sleep on the weekends, but my body seems to have other ideas. Trying to be quiet this morning, my neice is here and sleeping in the living room so no tv, no working out, I am stuck here at the computer until the house wakes up.

Cottage a craft outlet sounds like so much fun!

Ruth here is hoping for your calm weekend to remain as such, keep warm!

Loriann congrats on the scales!!!

Twynn enjoy your evening, sounds like fun!

Only thing on tap for me today is running to pick up DD homecoming dress. Beyond that I will be drinking water! The scales are up today and I can feel the puffiness in my hands and feet.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:26 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks I made myself stay in bed this morning because I want to break the 4 am wake-up rut I've fallen into I made it to 7:30 so that should help.

Cottage - The craft outlet sounds fun and very dangerous. I still have lots of beading supplies and plan to get back onto it someday. Of course I'd need glasses now but I used to love it. Have fun!

Ruth - It's windy here but not as cold as your place.

Lori - Wow, that's great news about the weight loss.

Twynn - Breakfast sounds like fun

Pacer - It's nice to see you. Enjoy your morning quiet.

Hey, where did the snow suddenly come from?? Just a minute ago the sun was out. Blah.

Our internet went out last night (just a few hours after I finally got my computer back) and I was thinking we might head into town, but now it's back so I get to actually do the weekend chores. I'm going to a seed starting workshop tomorrow (I just need to think about gardens!) but other than that it's a normal weekend for us.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 176/161.5/125

Height: 5'2"

I am picking up my pet from the vet around 11AM today. Back story, my 16 year old cockatiel (Jasper) never had a history of egg laying, so we always consider him as a boy. About two weeks ago, we found a lump and brought him to the vet. The vet showed us X-rays of Jasper, he is actually a she with 4 collapsed egg - probably have been there for years. Jasper most likely had an abnormal ovaduct, which led to her condition. So she had her ovaduct removed yesterday. It's hard to use the proper pronoun on Jasper, we still consider him as a boy.

Tonight is date night with my BF. I got us tickets to see the Boston Symphony Orchestra.

Last edited by redflatshoe2; 01-24-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies. I am enjoying coffee in my quiet house and watching the pretty snowflakes falling outside. Wonder how much of this we will get? Once I get motivated I'll get to the grocery store and do some cleaning. I gave myself a break this weekend and didn't make up a big to-do list, but of course there is one going in my head anyway.

Yesterday I went out to lunch at a Viet Restaurant with a friend. I thought I chose pretty well with chicken lettuce cups and hot and sour shrimp soup, but the soup turned out to be sweet and sour, so I didn't eat much of the broth. It was super yummy though and seemed like there were a lot of on-plan options there.

cottage, shudder, Girl Scout cookie time. We'll have a big order coming through here in a few weeks. I dread those killer lemon cremes the most. Have a fun day!
Ruth, your day sounds lovely. Enjoy the "warm" weather.
Loriann, great job holding at 170!
Twynn, your day sounds fun too. Enjoy!
Cyndi, it will be garden time soon chick! I'm looking forward to trying some new stuff this year. Spring will be even more welcome than usual this year. .
Steph, hope you find a great dress. Isn't it the wrong time of year for homecoming?
Old 01-24-2009, 10:02 AM   #9  

I've got to run out this morning and get more candles and stuff for Brian's science project and some stuff for some pillow covers I am making to cover up the Winnie the Pooh and Pokemon pillows. I finished the first one and the blue looks great with our couches. I want to pick up some new towels too.

Brian wants to see his Dad this afternoon so I'll drop him off there for a couple of hours and then pick him up in time for us to get in our uniforms for an Eagle ceremony.

I hope less Girl Scouts find us this year. I love the thin mints.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #10  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Weekend!!!!
Cottage - Amish country sounds like so much fun, unfortunately, I live even further than Ruth does to enjoy such pleasures. Have a wonderful time.

Ruth - Running errands in the cold, not my cup of tea! But I'm sure you'll get everything done today. Glad to hear you had a good time with your family last night.

Loriann - I think taking the furbabies to the bark park is a splendid idea. I hope all goes well!!!

Tywnnb - Hope breakfast went well. I totally agree with your hubby about having friends over to help keep the house clean. It's a great poly, and you get to see your friends!!!

Stephanie - Have fun shopping with your daughter today!

Cyndi - Thinking of gardening makes me think that I'm sad again that I don't have a place to plant. However, that being said, my herbs are still kicking from when I planted them in August. I might try adding some in June and maybe even a tomato plant.

redflatshoe - Interesting story about Jasper. I'm sure she won't mind if you still consider her and him. Have fun at the symphony tonight!!!

Schmoolde - I love Viet food. Being in Orange County we have a lot of Vietnamese in the neighborhood and we try to take advantage of the local seen often. So yummy!!!

Barb - Hope you're able to get those pillows done. Sounds like you've already got a head start.

Me - Well it's rainy, but it's supposed to clear up in the afternoon. Today there's going to be some cleaning that gets done and I'm putting together my grocery list. We're going to see Slumdog Millionaire at 11, which I'm really looking forward to. And then dinner tonight at my Mom's with family. I'll be a good day!!!
Stay warm and dry!!! BLESSINGS!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #11  

Hi, everyone. I'm back again.
I updated my ticker, what do I do next?
this time I went back to my 2005 weight as the high point on the ticker so it looks like I've already achieved so much! and, I guess I have, but spread out over several years and with a number of ups and fewer downs since the several months that I was actually at my goal weight.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #12  

rebel - You didn't gain nearly as much back as I did but we can get back to goal. I just haven't always cared enough to eat right. It's good to see you back here.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 191/169/140

Height: 5'4

Cottage- My uncle lives near South Bend Indiana and when I used to visit him we would always go to Amish county. How are the munchkins, Caitlyn, & Amber.

Ruth- I think Pizza is my favorite food, I just bought a Bomboli WW thin Pizza Crust, I can't wait to try it.

Loriann- any news on the job? My 3 year old would love the dog park. Congrats on the loss.

Tywnn- how old are your kids?

Stephanie- When is DD's homecoming? What's the dress look like?

Cyndi- last time I did SB I got in the habit of waking early, I wish it would come back, I am SO not a morning person.

Red- Crazy story!

Schmoodle- that restuarant sounds good!

Barb- do you sew?

HMAC- Let us know how the movie is, it's supposed to be good.

Rebel- hop right back on!

Me- DH and I watched Eagle Eye last night, it was okay, confusing and long. I also rented Mirrors. Just been organizing around here today, I'm very OCD and when things get disorganized it puts me in an aweful mood and frantic. I started Couch to 5k yesterday. I did 20 minutes yesterday and today, but man I can only make it through about 15 minutes of the running intervals. I am going back to the gym on Monday, I haven't been since I was preggo, I should have gone right back. I've got a whole Chicken in the crock pot for supper.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #14  

ellie - I do basic sewing. Most of my sewing seems to involve patches on a scout uniform or hems but I decided to cover the pillows with kid designs when my son didn't want me to garage sale them but wasn't interested in the designs any more. Basic straight stitches are easy.

I picked up some forest green baths sheets and all the matching stuff today. I realized my current towels are almost 18 years old. Definitely time to replace them.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Hi Friends!

I have had the most wonderful Saturday! Jazzercise first thing. Helped Hubby put up our lovely new mantel. Took a nice nap. Auston spent the night with his cousin tonight, so I had a date with DH and FIL. We went to a Greek Fish Market in downtown Birmingham. I had a grilled platter -- snapper, shrimp, scallops and a beautiful Greek salad. It was perfect, and on plan!

I hope you all have a great rest-of-the-weekend!
Closed Thread