South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #16  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Lisa- Hope you get your antibiotics in a timely fashion!!!!
Cottage- I always used to buy a shirt I liked in many colors, now I am only allowed to wear black at work... so I tend to buy 2-3 of the EXACT same black shirts lol
Kim- Love the new avatar! enjoy your laid back day!
Zeff-Everytime we have bought a real tree we buy the ones you can plant when you are done and they die- except one year when we planted it on some property we own that is wooded and no one lives around- came back next year and someone had cut it down! Guess they wanted it to be their Christmas tree too!
Sophie- Enjoy the time you have to yourself! and your walk!

I am very excited about our tree, I got a really nice one 2 years ago and didn't get to use it last year because I was commuting and didnt have the time or think it was worth it for the animals to destroy it while I was gone Its a very nice Pre lit martha stewart tree and on each little needle it has a glass bead so looks like it has dew on it! I love it for the sparkle since I can't put icicles up- the kitties eat them! OK, I am sooo excited to put it up, but have to wait on dh to get home and retrieve it from the attic!!!!

Last edited by rdw1; 11-11-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Ahhhhh, all this talk of christmas and trees and I am still trying to find my living room and haven't even thought of starting my shopping! You all are way more organized than me! It's ok though, I am always a late starter. Have fun chicks!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #18  

Yesterday I had the day off work and Brian was off of school so we managed to get the stuff he needed at the Scout shop and he got to see his Dad. In the morning, I had a friend come by to look at the cracking of mortar and bricks I saw on the front of my house once I got rid of the bushes and vines. I'm checking to see if insurance will pay for it but if not, my friend will help me replace the bricks and repair the mortar. I am suffering from getting in the poison ivy. I got dirt in my contact and ended up touching my face while getting it out and now my chin and eyelid has poison ivy. It will go away but it isn't very comfortable right now.

My temporary crown came out last night. I leave for the endodontist in about an hour to complete the root canal so he'll put it back on for me once he is done. We had over 3 inches of rain last night but it looks better today.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #19  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

It is my turn for the killer to-do list today. And yes, shower is actually written on the list becaust it is already 1:20pm and I am still in my workout clothes from this morning!!
The kids are home from school today, my car is in the shop, and it is cold outside. Having no car, we are stuck at home.
My kids used to be able to entertain themselves. Ever since starting school, that isn't the case anymore! Being stuck inside today is... DRIVING ME INSANE! I swear, every 5 minutes... Mom, can you get me something? Mom, can you come here? Mom, can you help me? Mooom, what should I do now? Moooom, I want to watch a movie. MOOOOOOOMMMMM, what is taking you so long?!? AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! And in 2 weeks they will be home ALL WEEK LONG for a break at Thanksgiving!!
I made the asparagus soup this morning. Interested in trying that out. I have more baking and cooking on my to-list. I'll check back later. I need something to keep my sane today.

Last edited by Jenskihere; 11-11-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:14 PM   #20  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Aw, Jen.....I feel your pain.

Barb - I was wondering how you were faring during the storm. I saw some footage on the news this morning that just looked horrible. Sorry to hear about the poison ivy...on the eyelid must be torture!!

I've been so exhausted today from getting up early (I have no idea how so many of you chickies get up at 5 - this morning was my first time doing it since...well...I can't remember the last time) that DH and I have just been hanging out all day. I feel bad just parking him in front of a movie so I can nap DH is home in about an hour to relieve me. I guess it wouldn't have been so bad had I slept at all last night.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #21  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Zeff - don't sweat the movie. When I was prego with #2, I used to look forward to Sesame Street hour... I would lay on my bed with DS next to me and just take a quick nap! At this point, I would think you need a nap to function thru the day! I know I was exhausted at that point and needed any minute of downtime I could get. If they would only watch Sesame Street now...
OK, so laundry is just about done. I am cranking thru it. As soon as the dryer goes off I am folding and putting it away. This isn't the norm for us. We typically fold as we go, but make baskets for everyone and then have to put it all away at the end. I hate putting laundry away! This way I don't have to look at it today! It is already in the drawers.
I have 2 kitchen cabinets cleaned out, I have about 4 more to go.
We took my van in for service yesterday because we couldn't get the back driver side door opened. It wouldn't slide anymore. Wanna guess what the problem was?!?! A plastic red pepper somehow got stuck in the track. Wonder where that came from... DD!! Luckily we had other things that needed looking at. They aren't charging us for the pepper! Whew!
I had the asparagus soup for lunch. AWESOME! I found the recipe here. I recommend it!

OK, dryer is going off.

Last edited by Jenskihere; 11-11-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #22  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

lol... plastic red pepper?! Jen- sounds like she is taking after you with her healthy veggies Sounds like you are getting a lot accomplished! *just take a deep breath!*
Old 11-11-2008, 07:12 PM   #23  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

hahahaha - the pepper is classic. At least they didn't charge you for it?

It reminds me of the time I found a plastic eggplant in the fruit bowl one morning.

Last edited by zeffryn; 11-11-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #24  

Man everyone is making me tired listening to how industrious you are.

I’m just counting the days down to Friday. It’s been a really stressful week at work and it is only Tuesday, all the offices from 2 buildings at work have moved across town and the only people left at the manufacturing site are those of us scheduled to loose our jobs. Needless to say the PARKING IS GREAT! No such thing as not getting a good parking space anymore. Regardless everyone is feeling the emptiness of the place and it doesn’t feel very good. Most of us have over 20+ years of service so it is hard to watch it all shutdown.

Sooooo, I’ve made a short week of it and am busy making plans to meet up with my GF. She lives in Vegas and I live in Tucson so we are going to meet in Laughlin for the weekend and just gab and catch up with each other. I so need a break and am looking forward to the diversion.

Last edited by EofAZ; 11-11-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #25  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

evangaline- I am sorry to hear that about your workplace... glad you get to take some time to relax and catch up- thats always nice!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:41 PM   #26  
Determined to lose!

I'm so wiped out I'm not even going to attempt to do personals, sorry all... I had such a hard day today with payroll... there is just so much involved in this.. I've been doing payroll for 15 years, never had to do certified and never could of imagined all the bits and pieces involved in it! It's almost 8 and dinner is just now getting in, since I had to walk dogs as soon as I got home at 6, walk took over hour and getting things prepped for the Chicken Divan took a little time. This puppy, after all the walking we did, is STILl wound up! ARGH... who wants a puppy to train and return?

um, anyone hear from nessa?
Closed Thread