South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-11-2008, 10:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/194/115

Height: 5'1

Default newbie on phase 1

So I'm new here. I am starting South Beach today. This isn't the first time I'm dieting but I have a new found enthusiasm for it. I am a 31 year old single mom and live in the New Orleans metro area. I have one daughter who is 10 and never had a weight problem before I had her. I was a stick skinny child and ate whatever I wanted. Anyway I've fluctuated in weight since I had her and I'm up to 194 now. My goal weight is 115 (I'm 5'1). Anyway I work in real estate, doing marketing and advertising for a big time agent. I do spend most of my time sitting behind a desk though. My main motivator in getting healthy/thin again is my health. I have had issues with anemia and alopecia in the past few months and the doctors advice (other than de-stressing) was to loose the weight. So here I am.

Anyone who has any pointers or help in South Beach I'd really love them! I feel like there should be a bible for SBD. I am thoroughly confused. I feel like if I can get through Phase 1 I'll be ok, it's a matter of getting there.
nola single mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #2  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Glad you are here! There is lots of great support here, and the SBD book is the bible for sbd!!! lol Also, be sure to check out the FAQ section! There is MUCHO great advice there!!! Good Luck!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to South Beach, Nola! We're happy you've decided to join us, and you'll find plenty of support and motivation here. Make sure you read the book thoroughly, and check out our FAQ section and recipe boards, too. We have several Beachers in here from the N.O. area, so you'll feel right at home!
Feel free to ask questions, and please join in our current Phase 1 thread and our daily chat. We look forward to getting to know you!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You will love it here. There's lots of info and support from both the stickies in the FAQ Section and the rest of the Beachers. Please join the weekly Phase I Thread and hop into the Daily Chat Thread too.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/186/154

Height: 5'7''

, nola mom! Congratulations on making this important decision and renewing your committment to make positive changes towards better health! Lots of great information in the stickies, lots of support on the boards, many wonderful ladies to hang out and share ideas with.
I'm not gonna lie to you - Ph1 is tough, but it's only 2 weeks and you'll see excellent results while doing it, which will only motivate you to do well!

Aleksandra
Big Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #6  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

When are you going to start P1? If you have any questions or doubts or any trouble...let us know and we'll jump in to help you.

The 3FC SBD FAQ is here.

And this is a good thread to read... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155597

Last edited by SBD Sass; 11-11-2008 at 10:44 AM.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #7  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome and congratulations on your decision to follow SB. It's a really great way to get healthier! If you have specific questions, this is the place to ask.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

:Welcome3: Nola Mom! Glad to have you with us. Hope to see you in the daily (the post with the day's name in the title) so we can get to know you better.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote