South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #46  

I stayed up way too late last night. A friend was driving last night from midnight to 2am and we talked on the phone the whole time. It kept him from falling asleep driving and I enjoyed getting a chance to talk to him. He's a good friend of my lawyer and had some good suggestions on what I might offer as a proposed settlement that Robert might take. The suggestion is to agree that we will stay married (in name only) until Sept so that he can stay on my insurance and in exchange he will give up all claim to my retirement, savings, etc and he gets his share of the house only when I sell (which I don't intend to do). But Robert has to agree that we are free to move on with our lives and date others. This would cover him with insurance until he gets well enough to work. If he doesn't like it then when the 90 day hold period is over, I'm going to push for this to be through as quickly as possible. I'll need to talk to my lawyer to see what he thinks and I don't want Robert to hear about any of this until after Wood Badge is over since it is one of his friends who is watching Brian the weekend of the 16-19 of Oct.

Brian and I and Grace (my assistant scribe) are heading up to the camp as soon as Brian gets done with Sunday school this morning. The staff has a lot to do to setup and she and I want to see what our scribe hut is like and hand out the staff binders to those who are there. We'll be gone all day but it should be a blast.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:22 AM   #47  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Morning all.....didn't get to check in yesterday morning. Super crazy at the USO. And this morning I'm running late AND there's no coffee....which I could seriously use! Today I've got church this morning, groceries this afternoon, and then I'm catering the all church meeting this evening. Busy, Busy, Busy!!
Have a good one!!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #48  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning!

Just got out of the shower. Going to have some cereal and get ready to finally GO TO THE STORE!!!! Wahoo! Tommy's mom is taking Little Guy out to lunch to see him before his mom comes to get him tomorrow night. I'm gonna miss him.

Almost done with my 2nd book. It's pretty good, keeping me reading.

Ah well, need to keep working on my grocery list. Gonna be strange, being able to make "grown-up food" for a few weeks. I almost don't know what to do! Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 09-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #49  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Hi, guys!

Just woke up from a nap after going in a cleaning frenzy this morning. Sciatic nerve is better today.

Headed over to the in-law's place for a visit. It wasn't supposed to be dinner, so I made lasagna...it seems to be turning into a dinner visit though....I guess the lasagna will have to wait.

I picked up the new Better Homes & Gardens mag yesterday and found some really great (frugal!) fall decorating ideas. I'm going to go buy some gourds and mums later this week.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #50  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Well, even though we didn't buy much, we still spent $125 at the store because we needed toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouth wash, conditioner, etc that we don't usually buy every trip. We really didn't get much food, just a few things that I needed to whip up some grown-up dinners while Little Guy is gone.

Zeff, I need to start thinking about fall decorating myself. It hasn't quite felt completely like fall here yet, but it will in a couple of days. As much as I loathe the cold, I do enjoy the period of time between Halloween and Christmas every year.

I think while Little Guy is gone, we're going to overhaul the apartment. Time to go through all his clothes/toys and get rid of the ones that he's outgrown, not to mention time to go through all our crap. I already went through my clothes when I redid the closets a few weeks ago, but I still have a lot more crap that is just sitting in the closets, not doing anything but collecting dust.

Well, time to figure out what we're doing for dinner. Hope you girls have a great night!

Lisa
Old 09-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #51  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Can anyone tell me if agave nectar should be in the fridge after it's opened? I've read the bottle and can't find it anywhere!! Made some awesome stir fry for dinner and added a bit of the agave and it was delicious!! Mmmm...then again, anything with shrimp in it is always good to me!
Old 09-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #52  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

mandy - I keep mine in a cabinet.

--

So, we're on the search for a new house. I would like to move somewhere bigger before the new baby comes. We only have 2 bedrooms and a teensy loft/office area. I found a couple rent houses (we're not looking to buy right now) - took a look at two tonight. One was in a really not so nice neighborhood and the other, while it wasn't in a super ritzy neighborhood - it wasn't bad and the price is such that would allow us to save $$. Our savings are looking rather pitiful right now
Old 09-28-2008, 09:08 PM   #53  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Thanks zeff.....I went looking at houses yesterday too and was amazed at the not so nice neighborhoods I wound up in. Good luck with the search!
Closed Thread