South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #16  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Mandy, they have it at Organic Planet and also at the health food store in Ponchatoula...I haven't checked but that health food store on Market Street with the funny name...beekies or something like that probably has it. Check organic planet first. I always go there to get my bread and greek yogurt. I love that place.

We are going to Friends, but RIPS sounds like a great idea!!! I adore tilapia.

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-27-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #17  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Cat...have you called Friends to make sure they're opened? They flooded pretty bad and I had heard they weren't opening until mid October.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:39 PM   #18  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, ladies! Will refrain from bra talk today and instead just say it's a beautiful day here. We went out to the children's consignment sale at church this morning and picked up a few things we still needed--car shades, changing table cover, pack and play sheet...and a few clothing things. Including an adorable little pink snowsuit, which we may not need here but probably from the Christmas trip to PA and OH.

I am a little swollen from talking a walk this morning and being up and around...blech. Do not enjoy this new development. Looking forward to having a pedicure afternoon with friends and supper club tonight! I am making green beans with a tomato vinaigrette from Cooking Light (it's a CL supper club)--will post the recipe if they turn out well!

Happy weekend!! Cyndi, I am the same now...I cannot sleep past 7 no matter how badly I want to. Things start running through my head.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

RUTH, you should try unsweetened almond milk. I really like it, it's a lot tastier than soy milk. I'm glad you're leaning more towards the vegetarianism. I'm not a total vegetarian, but I'm about 3/4 there. I will still eat chicken or pork occasionally, but I haven't eaten red meat in probably 15 years or so. And I do love my fish and shrimp.

CYNDI, I wasn't looking for anything particular at the auction, but Jake always likes to look through the tools. We did get a great deal on mums, though. We got 15 of them for $20, and they're huge! They still are mostly buds in all different colors, so they'll last a while yet. I'm hoping tomorrow will be dry enough so I can get them all planted out front.

PHXSUNFLOWER, I just noticed your stats, and CONGRATULATIONS on your progress! You're really doing great! We have stickies that will give you easy step-by-step instructions on how to make your ticker. Try it, you'll find it's not that difficult to do.

MANDY, try looking in the health-food section of your grocery store for the agave nectar, you may find it there.

NESSA, sorry it didn't work out with Boone, but I hope you find the right doggy for you soon.

to everyone!
Old 09-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I've never seen unsweetened almond milk around here. I will look for it next time I'm in Ottawa.

I have a slight headache and sniffles so am going to have a wee nap - if I can get Disney to give me space on the couch. She certainly has settled in well - 4 months today last Thursday since she adopted me.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #21  

Phoenix - You do remember correctly. Last year Brian sold $6200 worth of popcorn but this year we have scouting stuff almost every weekend and every Monday and then quite a few other times. He has only made about 34 sales so far but he's getting there.

I finished work for the day so we'll be back out in a few minutes. It's only 88 degrees but it feels hot out there and the mosquitos are bad even during the day.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #22  
Live, Laugh, Love

Oh my goodness, we need to go to the store! We're down to only crap in the house, which I don't want to eat, but are waiting until Monday to go to the store, since Little Guy is going to spend some time with his mom for a few weeks. Maybe I can convince Tom to let me go tomorrow and get stuff for the two of us.....

Regardless, moo.

I finished a book this weekend and have started the sequal. They're by an author named Chelsea Cain. First one is Heart Sick and the sequal is Sweetheart. Kind of gory, icky, serial killer type stuff, but still pretty well-written, and I have developed a liking for the characters, especially the reporter, who just to be different, dyes her hair colors like pink or blue. I've always wanted to have purple hair, just never have had the opportunity, and I fear that I've hit the age where it's just not right to do anymore.

Well, gonna get back to my book. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!!!!

Lisa
Old 09-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, canoeing was not cancelled, and the weather turned out pretty nice, we only got sprinkled on a couple of times. The river was high from all the rain and the current pretty strong though. We started going upstream and fighting the current and planned to go a mile, but I don't think the girls made it halfway before we had to quit and turn around. Still fun though. Then we had a nice hike along Seneca Creek.
I'm pooped and planning to take it easy the rest of the day. If the weather holds maybe we'll light the fireplace and weenie roast for dinner. Then maybe a hot bath and early bed. I know I'll be feeling all that rowing in my arms later.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #24  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Chicks! Well I survived Trader Joe & Whole Foods. For us TJ really is a great place for protein stuff so my freezer is full again (too full!). I picked up half a dozen cute long sleeve shirts so I'm set for the next few weeks. I've been freezing lately and have one too big jacket I've worn over everything It was time for new tops! Of course now my chore list is daunting but what else is new

Cottage - Wow, great deal on the mums. Can't wait to see the pics of them all in bloom

Ruth - The vanilla unsweetened almond milk is really good in hot cereal and the chocolate mixed with coffee and a little agave

Phoenix - wow, almost 100 lbs! Wow

Schmoodle - I used to love canoeing! Sounds like a fun and tiring day

Nessa - Around here everything is at least 30 miles away, especially chains. It's part of the lifestyle

Mandy, Weezle & jessie
Old 09-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #25  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Same here for distance, Cyndi, but it sure is a great place to live.

Weezle, purple hair? Go for it!

Schmoodle - my arms are aching just reading. Hot bath for sure tonight, OK?

BVarb, I think Brian (and you) earned his kudos last year. 88? We are 52 right now and I'm thinking of the heater in the back room.

Had a nap and did some more quilt cutting and calculating. When your fabric is limited, you sure have to be careful - no designing until you figure out exactly how many square inches you have. Kind of cramps creativity but it's good for the soul. Worked in a nap too! My kind of day.

Seems like a black bean soup kind of night - maybe with a glass of red.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #26  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Mandy, I didn't see your message about Friends, but we went to Rips anyway. What a great day for it. We sat out on the porch and ate. The weather was perfect. I had the seared tuna salad with cucumber dressing. It was fantastic. Thanks so much for suggesting it.

On the way to school this morning I saw cars all around the new Penney's. Seems that it finally opened today! yeah, we have a place to actually shop again!! So on the way back on the way to Mandeville, we swung by and did some clothes shopping. Nearly everything in the store was 1/2 off and I got 4 shirts, a dress and 5 pairs of pants. It was beyond wonderful trying on clothes that fit. My husband reminded me of the days when I'd leave a dressing room almost in tears and shake my head cause nothing fit me or if it did I looked like a short round lump in it. Today when I came out of the dressing room, He said "are you getting anything?" and I said "I'm getting EVERYTHING"! He was thrilled cause he loves me to get new stuff.(and 1/2 price made him happy too!) Thanks again SBD!!

I also got a great leather caramel colored "brief case" with a shoulder strap...also 1/2 price. With great compartments and pockets in it. Tres Mr. Chips. I had been looking for one for long time and could not pass up the price on it.

All in all, it was a great day!

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-27-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #27  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i'm getting ready to build an ark. sheesh how can schmoodle and i live i the same state.... my baby pool in the back was empty on thursday... today it's overflowing... ALL RAIN!
Old 09-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #28  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Nessa - congrats on the loss! You've been doing awesome!

--

Wondering if anybody saw my post in yesterday's daily about the little girl who was over at our house....I've just been in a daze all day today wondering what to do.

Jenny: We've tried get togethers at their house...she isn't as destructive, but she is still super mean! It breaks my heart to see her trying as hard as she can to get DS in trouble and purposely breaking his toys. She ripped this little star man apart last night as well - DS showed it to me this morning in tears. It wasn't anything really important, he had taken it from my mom's office....but he referred to it as his "mawmaw star"....he sobbed when we threw it away.
The little girl's birthday was today - we were supposed to go but I was in too much pain to go anywhere. I just got out of bed for the first time a few minutes ago.

My sciatic nerve hurts incredibly bad today...I can barely walk. DH got new tires on his car today...I've been in bed but lying down is uncomfortable as well.

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-27-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #29  
Determined to lose!

Wow, what a day! Stopped at JC Penney, mind you in the past three weeks I've stopped at a different Pennys, Macey's, Walmart, Kmart, Target, TJ Maxx, Bon Ton and couldn't find a bra.!!! Thats with THREE ladies measuring me! Walked into Penney's, had asked a lady to measure me (just to see what she'd say) and boy did I get an education! Every other measure was off! She measured in not two, but three places, top of breast which should equal band size, (it's a double check system) across chest, and the band area (and the ONLY one to measure where your suppose to!)... The she proceeded to ask me what I was looking for, I said comfort and support, she led me first to the bra I ended up buying, i'll explain in a minute, then to three other styles. She said the other styles have more support with the underwire, so I tried them on. I can't tell you how many bras I've tried on with under wire and they didn't fit, the underwire didn't go where they needed to be, UNDER the breast! So I tried these on. She told me there's six things to look at when looking for new bra's, the strap (should be able to put ONE finger under strap comfortably), the band, should be able to take two fingers flat against back and slide across the band, the breast should not be popping out anywhere from the cup, take hand and move from neck down, should be smooth, not puckered... then move arms around, and move side ways to make sure breasts don't pop out of cups, and sit, make sure it's comfortable, should be able to know the wire is there but shouldn't bother you! Well, the first wire bra I tried on I LOVED it, but when I sat down the wire was cutting into me, so I passed. The next wire same thing, I found them to be uncomfortable... So I went back to the first bra, which surprised me, it's the 18 hr bra by playtex. I've been wearing these for years, but never had support in them. My problem? I was buying from walmart! I'm NOT lying when I say these ones from penneys are different! the support is AWESOME! I can't say enough how thrilled I am to find bras that fit, support, comfortable AND buy one get one half off! (so in essence I ended up paying same price I would of at walmart for the cheaper ones)...

My son was with me, we stopped at target. I was backing out of parking spot, had moved gear to drive to pull forward to continue to leave, and this idiot back into my car! everyone is alright, but I do have a busted tail light! SIGH! One more thing to deal with. We called cops, no report because not over 1K. Just an inconvenience!

Son's moving out of where he is into a place down the street at a friends... I hope this will cause him to get a job! I doubt his friend will allow him to smooch off him too long! . Hoping someday son will straighten up! not a bad kid, everyone likes him... just not motivated! ARGH!

Thanks for letting me share my exciting day!

ETA: Oh, I forgot, kitty somehow got outside! This morning Jade was sniffing around washer/dryer, so I pulled them out and there's a hole there, I think she got out that way, I put a board I had in the shed against it, with washer pushed up tight so she can't get in there! But I had to crawl under the house! Thats right, literally on my bellly, like a snake, on the dirt! I went right by her, the little bugger had gone back up into the insulation... I had gone half way down the house when I decided to turn back cause I wasn't catching her with the flash light, when I turned around there she was... she climbed once again up into the insulation, so I called her, went over, put my hand up on the insulation just moving fingers, she wearily came to my hand. Poor thing was scared! BUT I GOT HER BACK INSIDE! And blocked that nasty hole!

Now i know how Gideon used to get out! GGRRRRRR

Last edited by Loriann7; 09-27-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:34 PM   #30  
Live, Laugh, Love

Ruthie, not sure that I'll land an Executive Assistant position with purple hair..... maybe once I get a new job.
Closed Thread