South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Chick-Check - Week of Sept. 14

This thread is for all new and returning Phase I folks.

Please post your successes, problems and helpful hints in this thread where we can all share. If you are new, feel free to join in - there's lots of support here.

Here's the link to the previous thread.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Day 13 for me, everything going well. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #3  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Day 3 of 'something' for me and so far so good. The first two days I actually ate completely on phase 1. I was considering delving a bit into phase 2 today by making mashed sweet potates with brown sugar twin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and smart balance. Then again, maybe not. I had had chicken divan last night, but realized I didn't have hardly any chicken left (thought I did) and BF invited his brother to eat with us. So I used about 2 bags of broccoli and it was mainly a broccoli casserole thing, still absolutely delicious. Not sure what the boys thought with mainly broccoli and the divan sauce and a bite of chicken here and there.

Don't know if I'm making beef steaks or pork chops tonight, but I need to get to the store. I need to get a couple of things. Hmm, I have a head of cauliflower in the fridge that I just bought, so I'll make garlicky cheesy mashed cauliflower as a side dish, or roasted cauliflower. That would be nice. I'm gonna try to make some sort of 'steak sauce' boiling down v8 juice with spices and herbs and sugar twin and not tell BF because he'll be disgusted and won't eat it.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 09-14-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #4  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Weekends are so hard!!
I went OP yesterday for dinner. I tried to stay OP as much as possible. My inlaws dropped in for dinner. We were supposed to go out for dinner, which I had a large salad with chicken in my mind. Because of the nasty, rainy weather, we ended up staying in and ordering out. They picked up fried chicken and pizza!! YIKES!! I tried to load up on veggies and dip before dinner so I could eat as little as possible. I ended up with a chicken breast, as little skin as possible and the cheese off my DS's 1 piece of pizza...
SO GLAD I had made that crustless Lemon pie for myself, so took that out with some cookies for anyone that wanted the sugar. The Lemon pie didn't go over well with anyone but me... oh well!! I feel horrible about what I ate, but I tried to do the best I could, this is life I guess. I started fresh this morning, need to get back to that strong in-control feeling. I don't have any cravings right now, but I feel weak!! New week!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 09-14-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #5  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Thumbs up Good Morning Chicks!

First I wanted to share my good news as today is Day 7 for me and also a Weigh day......... Drum roll.......... I am down 7.5 lbs in a week.

Yippie....

I had a rougher day yesterday as My BF and I were driving to OH to get my new puppy.... It was about a 9 hour round trip just for the driving but we were at the breeders for about an hour. We were gone all day but I packed plenty of healthy snacks and foods during the day.

They new puppy is adorable! I have decided to call him Rocky. So now I have Coco and Rocky. Awwwww...... Coco is having some issues with the new pup, it is funny actually because she is normally so submissive. I have a 2.6 lb chihuahua try to bit a 2.13 lb puppy.... LOL The puppy has already started to get her back. :P They are currently curled up together on my lap so I think it will all work out great!

Melanie- Glad to here phase 1.5 is working for you. I will have to look up this divine chicken recipe sounds yummy! I just made a spinach quiche recipe that I found in the recipe section and it was awesome!!! My BF loved it too... We had it with roasted chicken.

Jenskihere-Keep that positve attitude! Just keep working and you will make it.

How is everyone else doing today?

Well- I have to go and plan my menu's for the week and get my sister to take me shopping as I wont get my car back until Monday.... It was soooo expensive to fix.... I had to borrow money which sucks- at least I will be able to drive, right?
Talk to you chickies later......
Old 09-14-2008, 01:23 PM   #6  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

I had a Ph. 1.5 day yesterday- ate what I would have eaten prior to me starting the P1 stint. So I'm debating about whether or not I'll stick to a complete 14 day P1. Doing a 10 day P1 has definately stopped the cravings, and I weighed myself at 201 lbs, so I'm pretty happy with 7 lbs lost... I need to focus on exercise and toning, but it's hard to get in the groove!

Today, on plan breakfast, we'll see what happens for the rest of the day.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #7  
Healthy mommy

Jenkishere, I actually think you did a really good job combatting the pizza and chicken! (Wow they must be some big eaters, I've never had pizza AND fried chicken at one meal.) You've got great willpower.

Akacutie, congrats on the new pup. He sounds adorable!! Oh and I love that spinach quiche recipe too. The Chicken Divan recipe is in the sticky section under phase 1 entree recipes and it involves cheddar, broccoli, and a sourcream sauce made with curry... it's so delicious.

Usarchie, sounds like you've been doing really good. IMO making it to 10 days of ph 1 is a real accomplishment.

Hey you guys, after two days of doing 'something' I'm already done one of those regained lbs so I'm quite happy about that. I weighed in earlier after a pee and I was like yeeeuhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! So happy.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #8  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 178.8/163.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Smile Day 13 Down 10lbs!

Hello from very rainy IL. It has been raining here for 2 days now and many streets are closed because of water. Rain, Rain, go away! Except it will be a good afternoon to finish my book and take a nap.

My oldest daughter, son-in-law, and 2 yr. old grandson were here this weekend. They just left after meeting our other daughter & boyfriend for her birthday brunch. She changed her mind and wanted to go to brunch instead of Stir Crazy. So it was very easy for me to make choices. It was at the Cheesecake Factory and I totally resisted a dessert-to-go! I love their Chocolate Tuxedo cheesecake, but none for me! Now. . .that is willpower!

Tomorrow is my 14th day in Phase 1 and I am down 10 lbs. Yippee! I am loving the success. I might extend Phase 1 just a little longer, but might add a fruit in the morning. So maybe that is really Phase 2 or at least 1.5!

Last edited by junebug07; 09-14-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:06 PM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

junebug - unless you're still having crazy cravings, you really shouldn't extend P1 any longer than two weeks. Phase 2 is a really healthy way to eat.
Most of us start on P2 very slowly, which is why we say P1.5.

Also, you may want to start with some form of berries....and in the evening is usually the safest time to have them...although it might vary for you. Also, try having them with some form of protein - yogurt, cheese, etc.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #10  
Healthy mommy

Junebug, sounds like you did an excellent job. And 10 lbs in 2 weeks, wow! I'm jealous.

I keep hearing the "Cheesecake factory" being mentioned but we don't have anywhere in my area. I don't know about in NC, but not in my area. It sounds sinful.. I heard there's a SF cheesecake? I wanna go.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 128(down from 165)/123/115

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! I'm new here. I've been yo-yo-ing with phase one for at least a month. I do really well for a few days at a time, then eat terribly for a few days, and then start over. Needless to say, I haven't lost much weight...

So, this week's goals: stick to phase one (seriously!), 3 days cardio, 2 days weights.

I can tell this week is going to be super stressful, but I have a wedding to go to on Saturday so maybe that will keep me in line.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/130/115

Height: 5'0"

This is around 4am of day 6 for me. (I'm working night shift.) I'm so proud of myself. I've almost made it through my weekend night shifts while staying OP!!!!! I was really concerned about this. I normally eat and eat and eat through these shifts. (Not many healthy things either.) This time I brought a ton of SBD friendly snacks and veggies. I have to admit, I was somewhat tempted when my co-worker brought a home made carrot cake, but I didn't cave. I stayed strong!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 08:04 AM   #13  
Woman On A Mission

Default Day 14 - Down 10.4 lbs

Good Morning! Well it is the last day of Phase 1 for me. Tomorrow I will begin a slow transition into Phase 2. I am eating so much better, and feeling so much better. Today I put on a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear for some time.

RNmom: Way to go on passing up the carrot cake. That is one of my favorites with cream cheese frosting!

Thanks everyone for your support!

Have a Marvelous Monday!
Old 09-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #14  
Woman On A Mission

Smile Phase 2 Suggestions

I am moving into Phase 2 tomorrow and I like english muffins for breakfast. Which kind can I have? Also, what are some "must-haves" for Phase 2 that I can pick up at Trader Joe's. I am heading there this afternoon.

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #15  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone!
I started phase one Saturday and then lost my way that night, so here is another shot at day one, I hate that I failed but I am only looking to succeed this time, I have done it before and it is such a smart way to eat I just have to get into the swing of it again, I had the hubby buy me the shopping guide again as I had lost mine and a biggest loser dvd so I am ready!

Junebug- Way to go on your 10.4 pound loss!! You go girl!!!
Closed Thread