South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 249/189/155

Height: 5'6"

I've been lurking here reading every day, and it's been great to read everyone's posts! I'm on day 11 of Phase 1 and so far I've lost 8.8 pounds, which I'm happy with, and I haven't cheated intentionally at all, which I'm even happier about! My unintentional cheating happened when I was out to lunch and accidentally picked a fat-free salad dressing that had corn syrup in it. Sneaky corn syrup!

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys had any advice - I'm meeting some friends for dinner tomorrow night at PF Chang's and I was wondering if anyone had any advice about what to order that would be safe for Phase 1. I was thinking of getting something like Beef with Broccoli without the rice, but I'm not sure what the sauce is like.

I also saw on their website that you can order things "stock velveted" which means the food will be cooked in vegetable stock instead of oil, which the menu said could reduce carbs. So I was considering doing that, but I wasn't sure if that would be enough of a good choice. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:57 PM   #77  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Talking Hello...

Jessers....

You could ask for sauce on the side or no sauce? Maybe just steamed veggies and meat?

I have gotten chicken with broccoli and asked for sauce on side and the resturant I went to had no problem accomodating me... I didn't eat the sauce actually.

Enjoy getting together with friends!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:01 PM   #78  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Brenda - not sure why sf/ff pudding isn't allowed on P1. I'll let one of the more senior members answer that one. I was never a huge fan, so I never really let it come up. Edit: Barb answered below this post. Thanks, Barb!

Your dinner sounds good, though. Keep it up

Jessers - you could get the sauce on the side and avoid it, or see if the waiter knows what is in it. Chances are it has corn starch in it You could also see if they offer a gluten free option - that may be made without corn starch. Avoid the rice, although they do offer brown rice for P2. Chances are this is too late, so I hope you had a wonderful meal

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-18-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:32 PM   #79  

The pudding has starches in it to thicken it. It's fine for phase 2. Just wait until then.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:36 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 329/311/not 329

Thanks
Old 09-19-2008, 12:22 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 183/130/115

Height: 5'0"

Day 9 for me. It's going really well so far. The only problem is the dairy. I'm not a milk drinker, so it's kind of difficult to get the recommended amount in. I eat yogurt sometimes, but not every day. I do take calcium suppliments, though. Does cheese "count" as dairy? I don't know. I am down 6 lbs from when I started, and now my friend who thought I was crazy for trying this diet is now all of a sudden interested!
Old 09-19-2008, 04:10 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

good morning! day 5 and have run out of groceries and am cursing my lack of a microwave....grrrrrr. have been attempting to heat up my ricotta muffins on the toaster.
so, looks like this morning lf yogurt and flax seeds are my brekky. still having trouble getting my veggies in..4.5 cups!! seems impossible to me..been sticking to salad but that's getting booooring. any suggestions?? what veggie works for you?

rnmomof5- i am fairly sure cheese counts as dairy as long as it's lf or ff.

good on ya ilovepoptarts! concur w/melanie..love the name

jessers-i've been overseas so long i don't really know what's on the menu..but maybe they serve asian salads? you could get one of those w/chicken. dressing does contain soy sauce, tho which often contains some sugar but i am sure you could ask. don't be shy about asking! i ask over here in germany and more often than not i get scowled and/or growled at! doesn't stop me, tho oh..just realized time diff..if this is too late sorry!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #83  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 178.8/163.6/135

Smile Tgif

I always wondered about the SF pudding too. . .thanks for clarifying. Now that I am in Phase 2 I have to remember that I can have some. Jumped on the scale and I am up 1 lb from yesterday. Not fretting though. . .it can have many causes. I have been working out everyday this week both cardio & weights. I know I should stay away from the scale but I just can't seem to resist getting on it in the morning.
Oh well. . .today is another day & thank goodness it is Friday!

Enjoy!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:46 AM   #84  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Day 5 P1 here and the scale showed 161.5!!! BUT I put 162 on my ticker just incase it was to wobble, TOM hit yesterday so I dont want to get too excited yet

junebug- I am with you on the scale, I am having problems staying away from it too, and I do not want it to be the only measure of my success, my jeans are already feeling a little loose and I dont care what the scale says as long as I get back into my 10s
Old 09-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #85  
beachin'

RNmomof5 - cheese does not count as a dairy, but as a protein. Milk/dairy includes only milk (and lowfat buttermilk) and yogurt. A favorite around here is greek yogurt. 2 cups is a lot per day. Have you tried flavoring your milk? It's actually really good and sometimes people can get past the milk taste. I've flavored mine with crystal light or other drink mixes, also sf jello. Strawberry milk has been a favorite since childhood.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 183/130/115

Height: 5'0"

Thanks Zeff, I never thought of flavoring the milk.

I also am a daily weigher! I was so proud of myself during the first week of P1. I picked my scale up, out of sight. I can't believe I made it a whole week! I haven't been able to bring myself to pick it up again though.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #87  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Janda, what I do for my veggies is this: with my eggs for breakfast, 1/2 cup of frozen veggies- like broccoli or edamame or peas. With lunch, I make sure I either have a salad or some cut up veggies to eat- the grocery store often bags small cut up veggies that you can steam in the bag. Then, with a snack, something with cut up veggies- cucumber and hummus, or maybe a bell pepper that's cut up. Then dinner is meat and two veg, usually.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:06 AM   #88  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

So my saga on Phase 2 continues. Yesterday I posted a frustrated message about not losing since starting phase 2. Yesterday I decided to cut out the oatmeal at breakfast. I did a phase 1 breakfast of eggs and veggies. I did phase 1 snacks and a phase 1 lunch. For dinner I made a veggies packed tomato sauce over spag squash. I made the family WW pasta, so I mixed a little of the WW pasta into my spag squash. After dinner we had strawberries and lite cool whip. I still had my piece of fruit before bed. I started to lose again. Is the oatmeal the problem? Or is the carbs too early in the morning to blame? I skipped the oatmeal again today. I was thinking of having the leftover pasta/spag squash combo for lunch again today.... what to do??

By the way, I am less than 1 pound from my 1st mini goal!!!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 09-19-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #89  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Congrats!

I made a roast beef thing (it was dry but whatever) with beef boillioun broth, onions, and potatoes. I boiled a head of cauliflower for myself and avoided the potatoes.

I decided to eat it like a soup, because the broth was delicious and the cauliflower was so good.. I had NO problem avoiding those potatoes thanks to the cauliflower.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #90  
beachin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenskihere View Post
So my saga on Phase 2 continues. Yesterday I posted a frustrated message about not losing since starting phase 2. Yesterday I decided to cut out the oatmeal at breakfast. I did a phase 1 breakfast of eggs and veggies. I did phase 1 snacks and a phase 1 lunch. For dinner I made a veggies packed tomato sauce over spag squash. I made the family WW pasta, so I mixed a little of the WW pasta into my spag squash. After dinner we had strawberries and lite cool whip. I still had my piece of fruit before bed. I started to lose again. Is the oatmeal the problem? Or is the carbs too early in the morning to blame? I skipped the oatmeal again today. I was thinking of having the leftover pasta/spag squash combo for lunch again today.... what to do??

By the way, I am less than 1 pound from my 1st mini goal!!!
It could be the carbs too early in the morning that could be holding you back...OR, you could be doing everything right and it just caught up to you. Congrats on the loss and remember that healthy loss is around 2 lbs. a week.

--

Mel- how did you make the roast? What type of pan did you use? How long did you cook it for? I either use a crockpot (in the summer) or a pampered chef covered baker (made out of glazed clay). I love the baker - a 2-3 lb. chuck roast takes about 3 hours and is falling apart tender. oooooooh. I'm craving roast.

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-19-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Closed Thread