South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 10:03 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 206/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Day 9 of Phase 1 for me. Yesterday was weigh-in day. 6 pounds are gone, hopefully never to come back. I followed the program to the letter. I'm going to do my best to stick to the plan. My cravings are gone. Thank God. I also started on my exercise yesterday. That should help me this week with the weight loss. The second week of dieting for me is never as good as the first. I know you can't loose 6 pounds every week. I want to loose a pound a week at least. 4 yrs ago, on the South Beach I went down to 168#. I pray I can do it again.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #62  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Day 7: Doing great!

B: 2 eggs over easy, slice of muenster cheese, 1 cup mixed veggies
S: Cheese stick, cherry tomatoes?
L: Spaghetti squash with my tomato soup that tastes like pasta sauce, turkey for protein.
S: Cottage cheese with cherry tomatoes. Need to finish them up before they go bad!
D: Stuffed bell peppers, side salad.

Also, I need to make a plan to walk up the hill at lunch again. It was so refreshing yesterday!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 329/311/not 329

Height: 5'6"

Tracy, It most certainly DID cure that sweet craving.

Well I also took a peak at the scale this morning and I'm down 4 POUNDS in 2 days. Last time I weighed was Sunday... and I weighed Naked. Today I weighed with clothes on (lipstick even!) I KNOW alot of that has to be water.. but I'll TAKE IT. :woot:

Am off to make my eggs and protein shake
Old 09-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #64  
wife2abadge

Height: 5'4"

Day 11 today...I made the Red Bean Mash from one of the books for breakfast and it was quite tasty with an Egg Beater "egg" on top. Tuna on salad for lunch and a burger with oven roasted vegetables for dinner. I'm seriously counting the days until I can have oatmeal...maybe even the hours. I haven't been tempted by the myriad desserts and junk food in my house or at work, but I can almost taste a nice, creamy bowl of oatmeal.....
Old 09-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #65  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

wife you sound like me with the oatmeal. aturday is day one of phase 2 and the first thing coming back OATMEAL!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #66  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Wife2abadge, remember to get the steel cut oatmeal. You want the least processed thing you can find. Trader Joes has it MUCH cheaper than the grocery stores usually do.

Also, you might try quinoa, which has a similar consistancy but a delicious nutty flavor.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #67  
Debbie

S/C/G: 166/159/130

Height: 5"1

Good morning. Day 2 for me.Very tired,but doing ok.

I keep seeing everyone talking about salad dressings.In the book I have & the list of foods,it says you can have prepared salad dressings w/ 3g of sugar or less per 2 tbls.Is this correct?? Cause I have my favorite dressings that I eat.

Yesterday I bought Jilly`s SF gelatin 12 pk. 4 different flavors,5 cal. a cup at walmart for $2.38.You can`t beat the price & it taste good too.

I`m glad to see everyone is doing well....
Debbie
Old 09-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #68  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Breakfast idea!!
I made the ricotta muffins for PH1 off the recipe board, but I tweaked them.
I added a bit of orange extract and a bit of SF orange jello to the batter before I cooked them. They turned out great for breakfast this morning! I just microwaved them for about 20 seconds. Just sweet enough (I added the lowest amt of Splenda, you'll see what I mean from the recipe) and with a hint of orange that worked well for the morning. I paired that with an eggwhite and cheese mini omlet, some milk and coffee. I felt great. No veggies this morning, but I'll make up for it later.

Another thing I came across. Put a container of lf cottage cheese in your blender. Add a packet of the dry ranch dressing mix, blend until creamy. Works as a great dip for veggies! And gives you a touch of protein too!

I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for Ph 1. Looking ahead to Ph2. I am nervous though... don't know where/how to start adding in PH2 friendly foods!

Jenny
Old 09-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #69  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Jenny -

This is a really great thread that will help out a lot with your Phase 2 transition. My favorite was the advice on how to add things slowly into your Phase 2 meals.

http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59321
Old 09-09-2008, 11:20 AM   #70  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

THANK YOU! That is exactly the type of advice I was hoping for!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #71  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Zeffryn, I've got a kiddie plate I bought for bf's dd, which I could definitely use. The stuff I measure out will look like bigger portions on the little plate. Plus I could use DS' baby bowls. I haven't heard of Richard Simmons deal a diet plan, what's it all about?

Brenda, I'm wondering if maybe you need to up your potassium intake.

Jessers, IMO having a hardboiled egg was a show of willpower because when I skip meals or snacks, I'm way more open to going off plan... You did good. I don't see any reason why you couldn't of had that egg. You stayed OP.

Akcutie, doing a great job!

Junebug, I get Smuckers natural from the food lion, the ingredients are "peanuts and salt" and it is so delicious.

Rebel, you're doing really good. I wonder about you weighing after exercise though. This might be utter BS but I have read that after exercise, the increased blood flow through your body makes you temporarily heavier. Then again, I don't know if that's true, just thought I would mention that.

Carolcolleen, you're doing great.

Wife2badge, now you've got me craving oatmeal. Better than craving cheesecake, right?

I ate a SBD meal last night, but with rice. I didn't overdo anything. Today I'm gonna make asian eggdrop soup for lunch and eat as closely to ph 1 as possible but while counting calories. The good thing is, the rice is gone and right now there is virtually nothing in this house that isn't phase 1 compatible, except for frozen blueberries which are ph 2 compatible, and since I've abandoned ph 1 for the moment, I may have some blueberries later as a snack, although they're frozen. Going grocery shopping this thursday when BF gets paid and I'm gonna fill the house with everything ph 1, unless I find some ph 2 stuff on sale and in that event, I'll store it or freeze it.

I'm kinda excited to not have the pressure of ph 1 on me right now... I can kinda get my mind right, kind of prepare without freaking out with the sort of 'omg! I cheated! I'm a horrible eater, I'll never lose the weight! I'm doomed for!" sort of mentality. Which I've been doing and it's like a vicious cycle. I thought I'd still post in the ph 1 thread to gather lots and lots of tips and exchange tips and be a cheerleader for the ones who are actually managing to do Ph 1.

Rah rah!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #72  

Height: 5' 7"

Day 8 for me, had a NSV yesterday! Went to Cheescake factory for lunch with a df and I only had salad and black bean soup, was going to have sf cheesecake but they were out so I did not have dessert at all... that is a huge victory for me.

I am a bit sick of grilled chicken salads but that is okay I will plug along as want to finish the full 14 days of Phase 1 this time so I can continue along.

TOM is coming and not being nice, scale is stuck at same thing for three days now but I am looking at it as it should move down any day now because I have been completely OP and feel so much better.

Mel- if you feel like logging food would help first then to that. This is not a diet this is a way of life- we figure out what is wrong and then move on from there. It is not a fast fix but a way to fix our issues we have had some for a lifetime. I had to learn it is okay to not clean your plate and it is okay to throw food away. You can do it and whine away all you want.

Everyone else is doing good
Old 09-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everybody,

Day 3 for me and my 1st 2 days were so easy compared to today. I think it's because my day started earlier and my schedule is a little off. Tomorrow will be the same way. However, I am determined to make the 14 days this time. I've always heard if you can get passed the 3rd day on a new way of eating that you can make it. I sure that is true this time.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #74  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Deal a Diet is a diet from the 80's. Basically you got a deck of cards with "rations".....every time you ate a protein, fat, dairy, carb, etc. you took away one of the cards...when the cards were gone...no more food for you.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #75  

Quote:
Rebel, you're doing really good. I wonder about you weighing after exercise though.
I weigh myself before exercise, same time every week, wearing just underwear so it's pretty comparable.
I drank 80 oz of water today while working out, so even though I sweat bullets I wouldn't want to weigh myself after
Closed Thread