South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Chick-Check - Week of September 7

This thread is for all new and returning Phase I folks.

Please post your successes, problems and helpful hints in this thread where we can all share. If you are new, feel free to join in - there's lots of support here.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everybody,

It was good to see this thread as I'm starting over again returning to SBD Phase 1 Day 1 as of today. I just started Chiropractic treatments last week and my new Chiropractic doctor gave me a diet with foods to eat and what to avoid and it is so similar to SBD that I decided to come back to SBD for guidance on putting it all together correctly. I found out that I have an under active thyroid and digestive problems and I'm hypoglycemic which he said is why I have a difficult time losing weight on any diet. I can follow a diet perfectly and still not lose but a few lbs and it is a struggle to just keep from gaining. My body is just out of balance, but doctor says I have more good things going for me than bad for my age. I remember reading in Dr. Agatston's books that he says that from day one on SBD that good changes are going on in our bodies. So I decided that since I'm spending a lot of money taking suppliments and getting treatments to correct the problems that my doctor has found that it would be wise for me to go back to SBD and get the added benefits which will work together to speed up my recovery to much better health. My body is responding well to treatments by everything staying in place so he doesn't want me doing heavy exercises, but he did okay me using my stationary bike plus he has given me some little things to do along the way. I look forward to getting to know everyone again.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 09-07-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

back, Patty. So nice that your doctor is so supportive about easing into exercise. This is such a good place to be for ideas and support but do join us on the Daily Chat thread too.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #4  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Talking Good Afternoon~

My Name is Tracy- I introduced myself at the tail end of last weeks thread. Today is day 1 of Ph 1 for me.

I am an old pro at dieting even tho I am 28... he he he Started early with the dieting.... I am looking to make a lifestyle change though. It is a bit difficult for me because I am an emotional muncher and tend to have binges when things get stressful....(even on good foods...Yikes!)

Today is going great I have eaten-

B: Mock french toast; 1/2 cucumber, Large cup of Iced expresso with 1/2 skim milk and sugar free syrup and splenda....YUM-O! ( I just bought my own expresso maker and I frickin' love it after 1 day of use!)
S: 1 string cheese (LF) 1/2 cucumber

L: I am just getting ready to make grilled Talapia and a big salad with olive oil vingrette dressing.

S: will be FF Plain Yogurt with Splenda and cinnamon

D: Will be spicey chicken and lentil soup; 1 cup roasted broccoli; 1/2 cup skim milk

ST: 1 SF jello and cool whip

How's it lookin? I haven't been following SB in about 2 years so I need to freshen up my skills at planning meals!
Old 09-07-2008, 02:31 PM   #5  

Two good vegetarian P1 meals:

Last night we had Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole, made with veggie crumbles instead of ground beef.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148111
The rest of the family had rice with it. Unbelievably they ALL liked it, and said definitely make it again.

And for lunch I just had Tomato and White Bean Soup. DELICIOUS!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42433
Old 09-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #6  

I'm on day 6 and doing fine. I was really hungry for something dessert-y last night. I've never had cool whip - with or without fat - but after looking through some dessert recipes here maybe I should buy some.
I ended up mixing 1T of almond butter and 1 T of cocoa and some splenda and just enough milk to be able to mix it into a smooth paste. It was pretty good, but then I was that desperate.

Welcome Tracy and Trish.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #7  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Urrgrrgh I just can't do this! Feeling very frustrated at myself. The last time I did ph 1 I did the full two weeks and then started ph 2, and that's when I got careless. And now I'm back on Ph 1 and I keep restarting and can't even make it past two friggin' days. What is wrong with meeeeeee? Sorry for the whine. But I'm frustrated!!

I'm thinking maybe I need to do ph 2 from here on.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:06 PM   #8  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Melanie-

Do you have a lot of cravings for carbs? If so you probably should do a good phase 1 or maybe just a week to help with the cravings.... if not I think you should go to P2... I know in the past I have had trouble transitioning well in P2.... You have really play with your whole grains and fruits to get a a mix that doesn't leave you ravenous for Carbs and keeps the lbs coming off...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Don't give up... It seems like I am best at starting over, but I will make one of these times I try. I am confident. You should be too!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #9  
wife2abadge

Height: 5'4"

Day 9 here. I'm so longing for a nice bowl of creamy oatmeal. I think that's the first thing I'm going to eat after P1. I have found that neither the mock pancake or waffle keep me full for longer than 30 minutes, but thumb's up on everything else!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #10  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Susan - What if you add an egg to your plate in addition to your mock pancakes? I know there are still eggs in the "pancakes", but it helped me visually think I was getting eggs & pancakes this morning. I was able to make it to snack time! Or a cottage cheese cup? The more protein the better right?

I am doing OK. I am on day 6, although I did have a few pieces of pizza last night for dinner. Long story, but I am back on track, fought through some cravings last night as a result of the pizza and I am back to feeling in control. I am not starting over. I need to keep going!!

I just bought lite cool whip in a can, it is great! Great to add to SF jello. I made SF cheesecake squares today, added a squirt of the cool whip and a drizzle of SF caramel syrup, it was awesome!!
Jenny
Old 09-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 249/189/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm Jess (as my handle hints ) and I'm just starting South Beach for the first time in my life this week. Any tips? I am using the South Beach online tool to build recipes and shopping lists for the first week, which is helpful. Does anyone have any tips or words of wisdom? Any particular traps/problems I should avoid, or super-delish snacks or meals that I should be sure to try?

I love reading the boards and have been lurking for a while. This site and the forums in general have such a positive, supportive atmosphere.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #12  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Akacutie, I never thought in the past that I was a huge carb binger or a craver, but it turns out I really am!! I've discovered this since being on the SBD. My willpower is so weak.

Jessers, everyone seems to like the Taco Bake, I really love the Chicken Divan. There are the recipes in the recipes section and the really popular ones are stickied.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

My one hint to everyone is to examine your current idea of a "portion". That's why I'm such a nag about people posting number of servings with recipes.

AkaCutie and Jess. As Mel says, everyone loves the Taco Bake which freezes well. I do it in individual servings and it's saved my life several times. I wish to heck I had some in the freezer for dinner tonight as it's raining and I can't grill!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #14  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 178.8/163.6/135

Hello,

I am new to 3FC but not to dieting. I have finally made up my mind that I am going to make my goal. I am on Day 6 of SB and doing okay. Sometimes I have to make sure that I am eating enough lately. I am sure that I am dropping a lot of water weight initially, but I don't care. It motivates me when the scale goes down. Today DH and I went for a long walk. It is an absolutely beautiful day here in IL. Tonight for dinner we are having grilled pork tenderloin, roasted veggies, and SF jello. I hope to get to know everyone here better, because I can sure use the encouragement to stay focused and motivated.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #15  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 178.8/163.6/135

Where is the recipe for Taco Bake?? Sounds delicious!

Thanks!
Closed Thread