South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #31  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieW View Post
I have had zero success with making scones...they don't rise at all or something. Do you have a trick, hmac or beachgal?
If you shoot me one of the recipes that you've used....I can see if I can troubleshoot it.

Also, remember that scones hardly rise when they bake. They are very dense.

---

So, in all the eating that I've done over this vacation....I figured I would be +10 lbs. at least by now....I hopped on the scale this morning (with my eyes shut)...I was shocked when it said that I had lost another pound. I've done a LOT of eating, and a lot of really crappy eating with no gain. I wish it was this easy when I wasn't pregnant.

Last edited by zeffryn; 08-20-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #32  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Zeff, I was shocked to find out yesterday I've only gained 15 lbs. I eat so much. It's crazy!!
Old 08-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #33  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Zeff! I had no idea you were pregnant! I was about to ask your secret...

Congrats, Jessie! That's great! So, is the 25 pounds you're supposed to gain the amount by the very end?

Here's the recipe I used for the scones--I just adjusted it to make it SBD-safe...so WW pastry flour, no sugar on top (though I did that on some of the ones for my party), and sugar-free dried cherries. They rise just enough to make them soft, but Zeff's right in that they stay fairly dense. They're delicious...and addictive! Definitely need to freeze the ones you aren't eating right away...
Old 08-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #34  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Cottagebythesea, sounds like you had quite the busy day!

AutumnRose, I feel ya, I am also sick of eggs. I'm gonna get some ricotta and try those mock pancakes that are posted in the recipe section, with some SF maple syrup if I find it.

Loriann, hope you get the job! It seems like you're considered to be the best candidate. Sounds promising!

Ladybugnessa, the calorie counters section has a great sticky about how to sort of 'calculate' the calories you should take in and then how to adjust accordingly (if you haven't already seen it!) I still check calories, if I don't I could easily go overboard.

Gonnabe165, good luck, hope the storm isn't too bad.

Beachgal, oh, bats are so adorable. I imagine they wouldn't be so adorable with their fangs in one's arm, dripping rabies-infected saliva into one's wounds.... but adorable nonetheless! If they weren't rabid (well, they are in my area, at least) I would love to have one as a pet. So I agree, bats rock.

Weezle, that happened to me the other day... (magically posting the first few sentences of the post before I was even done). I'm not sure why.

EVERYONE, stop talking about scones! I'm so hungry right now. Nah, just kidding, by all means talk about scones and I'll just live vicariously through you all. I'm gonna go eat some cucumber and hummus to kill the cravings. I need to get out to the grocery store!

Sorry to those I missed, there just wasn't enough info in the posts to come up with any sort of response. not trying to be rude in any way.

Me: I'm just trying to come up with something to make for dinner. I have chicken, but I had chicken for lunch yesterday (made my own chicken peanut sauce satay with broccoli, inspired by JessieW's recipe), and a grilled chicken bacon ranch salad from McDonalds for dinner, scraped off the bacon but didn't fret too much when some ended up in my mouth. I have porkchops, but I don't want them. I have beef steaks... hmm, yes! I think I'll do that, and then sbd mashed 'potatoes' and more veggies on the side. Okay, problem solved as I typed.

My friends came over last night and we stayed outside talking for 3 hours... we haven't hung out in like 3 month... they didn't leave until 3 am, way past my bedtime. I had a lot of fun since I haven't got to talk to them in awhile. Anyway, my point to this story is: my best friend's boyfriend, pointed at me and said 'YOU got skinny.' And my bff was like, 'yeah, I can tell you have definitely lost some weight.' And I said, 'well I certainly did not get skinny, I have another 30 lbs or so to go, but I have lost a lot of weight since giving birth.' And I thanked them for noticing because it made me feel great. And my friend's bf was like, 'yeah, you still had some pregnancy belly going on the last time we saw you and now you're drowning in your clothes!" Heh, I was like, Gee, thanks. Thanks for noticing my Santa belly the last time... heh. Ahh, men. So cute. At least he said I got skinny, which is so not true! But made me feel great. I really MUST have been a bloated whale if compared to my weight then, I seem skinny now! I think it's the height.

Anyway, the feeling of success I felt was awesome, just realizing that not only does the scale show the weight loss, but the way my clothes fit and the way people react after not having seen me in a few months also shows my weight loss thus far! Yay! Since BF and my mom see me all of the time, since of course BF and I live together, and my mom visits weekly to see her grandson, they don't really seem to notice! Somebody did! I'm thrilled.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-20-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #35  
Recovering Sugarholic

Laurie, I think if you're overweight the goal is to gain 15-25. I will be thrilled if I can stay under 25 lbs gained.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #36  

AutumnRose - More often then not I will have 1/2 cup of cottage cheese for breakfast sprinkled with cinnamon and splenda and a can of Tomato Juice. Even now that I’m on Phase 2 this is my standby quick, easy breakfast.

Me: All this talk about school is making me melancholy for the good old days when the girls were little. I love the freedom of not having children depending on me anymore but sure miss the buzz of activity that went along with having them small.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #37  
Live, Laugh, Love

OK, so I'm about ready for the drama to stop. Why it follows me, I have no idea, unless there really is a family curse. Someone apparently broke into my car. Two other cars got hit in the neighborhood. Not sure if they took anything more than change, but just destroyed it. All the contents of my glove compartment everywhere, everything just turned upside down.

And on top of it, we need some major prayers. Tommy's dad just found out he has a blood clot in his jugular. Going to the doctor tomorrow first thing to find out what they can do for him. He's in his mid-50's, not very old.

I'm getting to my saturation point with the stress. Please pray for Tom's dad. Thanks everybody.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:00 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 228/224/130

Height: 5 ft 2 in

Smile

Hello everyone! Sorry I have not been on lately but since I was off a week with my suregery I have had to work alot of overtime. Anyways...my first 3 days have been good I have lost 6 lbs. I feel pretty good other than just being tired from working 10-12 hour days. Just wanted to drop in and say HI!

Theresa
Closed Thread