South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #16  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Heeeeh, sometimes people that work at fast food restaurants can be so damn lazy! Throwing some old stale burnt chicken nuggets all over a salad? Ew. (okay, okay, you didn't say they were old, stale, and burnt, but that's the scene that played in my head.)

I think Rachael Ray has a fear of mayo, or something like that. And I saw some girl on Dr Phil who had a fear of mayo (or was it Oprah..)... and it was friggin' hilarious. It's like, how the **** can you be scared of mayonnaise? What is it doing wrong? That girl screamed and cried and COWERED when forced to confront the deadly mayonnaise... ahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaa...

That was priceless. She nearly had a mental breakdown. (or did she already, because to be afraid of a simple condiment is pure madness.)

I understand however, not liking mayo on a sandwich.... some places slap it on and it's all thick and warm and like... gross... (Before doing ph1, I indulged in some crappy little BK dollar menu spicy chicken sandwiches, and I nearly choked on mayo. It was as thick and plentiful as donut custard filling. Seriously. And I am not sure it was all entirely mayo... oh, but that's an entirely different story. :vomit:

But, I do like mayo. I like mayo on my subs (pre south beach diet) and hamburgers and chicken sandwiches... just not an excessive amount.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

While in HS I worked at a Burger king. Please remember that when you order fast food alot of times you get what you pay for. The workers there are not paid/treated very well. Alot of times a handful of the employees (mainly the back cooks and cleaning people) have some sort of minor mental issue. We would try really hard to do the best we could, but sometimes when you get a drive through rush or a large group comes in things get stressful, then the person at the register is POed because they had to wait adding to the stress.

Most of the time if you return something and are polite and respectful about it noone has a problem with it. It's the jerks that make themselves feel good by talking down to a nearly minimum wage worker who most likely cannot find a better job that make you want to do bad things to their food, or give them attitide back.

I also have a drive through weakness. I work long shifts and get out at about 3am. I can't eat alot while working and am usually starving when I'm finished...if I don't have something prepaired at home the drivethough is a tempting option. I've been trying at least to only order the burger if I'm going to be bad...it's the diffrence between a 1000 calorie binge and a 500 calorie binge.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #18  
TimeForChange

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5,4"

zeffryn.....Our BK doesn't have that cranberry walnut salad but our Wendy's does.........except I think the walnuts are pecans.....but if you have a wendy's near you try that one out...it was really yummy .....
greeneyes490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #19  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

mmmm.

I was on BK's website today seeing if they had the salad - they don't really have much selection as far as salads go, and I think the rest of their food is crap....anyway, I saw they had apples that were shaped like fries and in a little fry carton. Is it really that hard to get kids to eat fruit that we have to trick them into thinking it is something else? I don't know what kid would bite into it and still believe it was a fry.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #20  
TimeForChange

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5,4"

lol....all I know is it doesn't work on me .....
greeneyes490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

The apple fries annoy me. My only thought is that maybe they're popular with the kids who hate apple peels.
Melanie, the mayo fear is hilarious. From the way you described the show, it almost makes me want to watch Dr. Phil.
If I'm out with someone and fast food is my only option, I try to get a kid's meal with the healthy sides, like fruit and water. Plus I get the toy! Sweeeeet!!!!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:56 PM   #22  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

lol - I think the apple fries are b/c they didn't want to be *exactly* like McDonalds with the bag of apples, but it is basically the same thing as their apple dippers.
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:43 PM   #23  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

- ok, my DS (almost 7) just informed me (after watching a BK commercial) that the apple fries are a mixture of fries and apples. Apparently that means they are FANTASTIC. - I told him they are just apples.
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 12:14 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 147/144/120

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Melanie View Post
Heeeeh, sometimes people that work at fast food restaurants can be so damn lazy!
As somebody who spent over five years of her life working in fast food, I'd like to add that sometimes they can also be rushed, overworked, and misinformed by a co-worker as to what the order actually was. Some people don't do the job right. I'm not saying every person in a fast food kitchen is trying their best, but I know that customers have complaints even when people in the kitchen do everything they can to get the order right.
betsysunqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:23 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I'm sorry but 95 % of the time I would ask for NO MAYO and it would be on the little receipt saying NO MAYO they give it to me ( I don't like tomatoes but I can just pick these off as they have a hard enough time with the mayo concept).. EXpecially if I order 2 sandwiches.. one for my hubby and I.. All it takes is looking at the receipt ..I really can't fathom why they would get it wrong so many times..Even when I would go inside and order. I mean they have to look at it on the screen to see what to make.. They sometimes even put a little sticker saying no mayo on it.. when in fact it does LOL.
I Am kinda a mayo phobic.. It makes me literally gag when I see it.. ( I seriously can't watch my hubby eat anything that has mayo on.. it sickens me like to the point of puking) SO He always checks to see.. and I will be nice when I bring it up but it is sooo irratating. I can understand if it was rush hour.. but when there are like 5 people in the McDonalds and noone is waiting in line.. you think they would get it right...

Yah I don't miss fast food at all LOL it was always a hassle.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:40 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

My ex is allergic to onions and I remember one time going through a drive thru and ordering (as usual) his burger with no onions. We got home and his burger was the opposite. Nothing BUT onions.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #27  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Melanie View Post
I think Rachael Ray has a fear of mayo, or something like that. And I saw some girl on Dr Phil who had a fear of mayo (or was it Oprah..)... and it was friggin' hilarious. It's like, how the **** can you be scared of mayonnaise? What is it doing wrong? That girl screamed and cried and COWERED when forced to confront the deadly mayonnaise... ahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaa...

That was priceless. She nearly had a mental breakdown. (or did she already, because to be afraid of a simple condiment is pure madness.)
I saw that episode...it was hilarious...

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 07-28-2008 at 04:05 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:57 PM   #28  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsysunqueen View Post
As somebody who spent over five years of her life working in fast food, I'd like to add that sometimes they can also be rushed, overworked, and misinformed by a co-worker as to what the order actually was. Some people don't do the job right. I'm not saying every person in a fast food kitchen is trying their best, but I know that customers have complaints even when people in the kitchen do everything they can to get the order right.
Sorry, definitely didn't mean to offend you, by any means. I understand that they can sometimes be rushed and stuff. When I was a cashier at a little grocery store, often the lines were hectic, and the manager would key in prices wrong, customers would get mad at us for the sales prices not ringing up correctly, and all **** would often break loose. And it often wasn't our fault.

At our local bk though, they have a bunch of attitude and I swear I think they do stuff deliberately... Sorry again, didn't mean to offend.

Heh Grneyedmustang, that girl was craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. I was like, wth!
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:34 AM   #29  
Determined to lose!

I used to like Wendy's salad, and the occassional taco salad is alright, but I'm lucky enough to live in Rochester area, ok, Canandaigua has one of it's own, where we are proud to have Wegman's stores! I shop here before any place else, hate Tops, hate Aldi's, etc. Fresh veggies are brought in from LOCAL farmers (specially chosen for high quality) when in season! They are awesome with giving their employee's help with tuition costs, etc... Well, they also have "food court". And their salads are out of this world! And yes, they have a "harvest" salad ... walnuts, cranberry's, etc in it! Then the cobb salad, and my favorite is the mexican complete with beans, corn etc. I always pull the crutons out. And what I like best is if you want a different dressing than what they pack in there (unless you have them make yours to your liking, then you automatically get your choice) they will put what you want in that salad for you!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #30  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I remember Wegmans (lived in Syracuse and Buffalo area) - what a great place! We have very few chains here but we have an awesome Co-op with a great deli so a big salad bar and hot and cold choices are available every day. Everything has ingredients listed and fresh made sandwiches are available if that's your thing. I've gotten very spoiled!

My worst drive through happened on the Mass. Pike. I was rally flagging and desperately needed coffee. I hit a Dunkin Donuts for an iced skim milk latte (extra shot!), got back on the Pike and realized they had made it with cream. I can't imagine anyone wanting a beverage that includes that much half and half. Of course I would have to get off the next exit, get back on, turn around, etc to get back there so there was no way it was worth complaining about You bet I was more careful about sipping before driving away after that!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote