South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #1  
M&M Addict

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Height: 5'5"

Default I hate Burger King!

Okay, I need to vent. My son talked me into going to BK for lunch. I decided to order the chicken, cranberry walnut salad w/ grilled, not crispy chicken. She read my order back to me. I paid $6 for this thing. It's 10 - 15 minutes away. I got home, and there is a bowl of lettuce, a bag of crispy chicken, no dressing and no nothing else. I'm on a special diet and I paid $6 for a small piece of chicken I can't eat, and some lettuce!
WhiteRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:16 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

a word to the wise: Never leave the drive through until you've checked your order and it is correct. I can't tell you how many times I've ordered a salad with grilled chicken and a certain type of dressing and I get something completely the opposite.

DH always asks for no mayo because he absolutely hates it....he will not eat it if it has mayo on it....and almost always, if we hit the drive through, it has mayo on it.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:16 PM   #3  
beachin'

that cranberry walnut salad sounds pretty good though..
Old 07-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #4  
M&M Addict

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, you're right. And I usually do, but I waited so long for the food because she was diddling around, that I was just frustrated and wanted to get home. I should know better - they always screw up, and if you confront them, they treat you like you did something wrong. Grrrr!
WhiteRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Phone them and talk to the manager! Tell her/him that you asked specifically for grilled chicken! They should compensate you with at least a free meal. Wendy's would always give me honey mustard dressing when I asked for ranch, and I called EVERY TIME, and they kept giving me free salads. With the wrong dressing. So I'd get another free salad. With the wrong dressing. And on, and on.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #6  
beachin'

At least they were free?

I just checked the BK menu....no cranberry walnut salad... Why....oh why.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #7  
Workin' It

I worked for BK until recently, cranberry walnut salad isn't a standard menu item. We did have some different salads we were testing a few years ago, but don't remember that one. The grilled and fried garden salads were the only ones to make the cut at that time. Well, those and a short lived Ceasar salad...

Could be that the OP lives in a test market and this is a sign that BK is trying to expand their salad menu again.... Hope so!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #8  
beachin'

but I want a cranberry walnut salad!
Old 07-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofarq View Post
Phone them and talk to the manager! Tell her/him that you asked specifically for grilled chicken! They should compensate you with at least a free meal.....I called EVERY TIME, and they kept giving me free salads. With the wrong dressing. So I'd get another free salad. With the wrong dressing. And on, and on.
This happened to me recently at McDonald's. I ordered a SF vanilla iced coffee, lite ice. The drink looked fine when it was handed to me and I went straight to work. I took my first sip about 10 minutes after it was handed to me and I nearly gagged. It tasted horrible. I'm not sure what the kid did when he mixed it, but I think he left something out. Anyway, I immediately called to speak to the manager but he wasn't "available" so the girl who answered the phone to my info and said she'd tell him. About ten days later I received a coupon in the mail for a free iced coffee and a note from the manager.

If you pay for the food you have the right to get what you paid for delivered by a pleasant person, in a reasonable amount of time.

Miz M
mizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Yes, I probably only paid for every second or third salad at that Wendy's. I kind of want a walnut cranberry salad now. Maybe I'll make one for supper with spinach greens and raspberry vinaigrette.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #11  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I worked for BK until recently, cranberry walnut salad isn't a standard menu item. We did have some different salads we were testing a few years ago, but don't remember that one. The grilled and fried garden salads were the only ones to make the cut at that time. Well, those and a short lived Ceasar salad...

Could be that the OP lives in a test market and this is a sign that BK is trying to expand their salad menu again.... Hope so!
I LOVED the grilled chicken caesar salad. I ordered them many a time a few years ago and they were DELICIOUS.

Last weekend, BF wanted BK for lunch, so I told him to get me a grilled chicken caesar salad. He comes back with a Garden salad with a grilled chicken packet because they told him they haven't made Chicken caesar salads in a few years or something like that. I was like, wth!!!

At our BK, all we have is the grilled garden chicken salad, and the fried chicken salad. I truly believe getting those little fried nuggets of chicken on your salad really defeats the purpose of eating a salad. I have never eaten a fried chicken salad.

Speaking of BK, I am so angry. I was supposed to meet a lady there today, from our local freecycle, to get a copy of the South Beach diet book, and then BF never gets off work early like he told me he was gonna do so I could get there in time. I'll bet that lady is pretty p*ssed off right now. I hope she didn't wait too long... Grrr. I feel bad about it.

And I wanted the book!!!!!!!! I'm going to slaughter BF when he gets home.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 219/212/129

Height: 5"8

I always feel bad returning food if something is wrong...I don't know why. I'm just afraid they will get rid of the onions/whatever was wrong, and replace it with spit. haha :P
LukesMommy1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 259/247/150

Height: 5'6

my BK doesnt have cranberry walnut salad but...............jack in the box (here in oregon) does! and pricewise they are the best deal. 4.99 for a asian chcken salad or chicken bacon ranch or southwestern salad with either grilled or crispy chicken.

they get it right about 95% of the time too.

i agree that a crispy chicken salad is a oxymoron. but i do eat 'em. rarely. but they are delish!
mrs dorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Fast Food is my weakness, I won't even go near there anymore
JellyBean32882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Wendy's did that to me one time but instead of the grilled chicken I got chicket nuggets on my salad!.. I was soooo mad I drove all the way back and went inside.. I was not a happy peach.

I know about the mayo thing too I can NOT have mayo it is disgusting and I dont understand why it is automatically on a chicken sandwhich. Doesnt really matter now because I don't eat from fast food anymore.. maybe a salad..here and there
Urgh last week I went to McDonalds for a salad and I saw that they have a new southwestern fried chicken sandwich.. which comes with JUST PICKLES.. *dies* that is how I ate my sandwhiches... but oh so too late for me.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote