South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #31  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=kris10dawn;2212305]Well, tonight ends day 3 for me. I did have a lil slip up today. Fogetting that I ate 2 TBS cream cheese as part of a morning snack, I ate 2 more TBS with dinner! It's crazy how such a small mistake makes me want to feel like I ruined the whole day, but I know all is not lost! Oh well, what's done is done. Tomorrow I will be more aware![QUOTE]

Okay.... I didn't know they limited diary/cheese in P1 ?!?! Can someone elaborate? I know it's not wise to eat a whole block of cheese, however I didn't get this "memo".

Last edited by Marathon Mom; 05-22-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #32  

Height: 5'8"

Marathon Mom: I don't think regular low fat cheeses are limited, but according to the revised food list for Phase 1 posted on this site, we are only supposed to have 2 TBS of cream cheese per day... at least that is the way I understand it! As for other dairy (milk, yogurt), I think we can have somewhere between 1.5 to 2 cups daily.

Last edited by kris10dawn; 05-22-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #33  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, low fat cream cheese is limited to 2 T per day. It's in the new list under "Foods to Use Sparingly". I take that to mean once in a while, not daily.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! DH and I were talking last night about how I'm going to handle SB on vacation. I'll be walking and swimming a lot, but I still need to stay in control of my cravings. I've decided that I'll move on to P2 on this Sunday, stick strictly to P2 while on the road, and only allow "cheats" when we're actually in Myrtle Beach. Upon returning, I'll do P1 for a week again to clean me up and transition back into P2. I'm still looking to have a loss for the week we'll be gone. I know that it's possible as long as I limit sweets. Those are my weaknesses!

Well, I'm supposed to be working right now...

Hope everyone has a really good day!!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #35  

Height: 5'8"

Uh-oh! I've been eating cream cheese daily. I'm definitely going to cut back! Thanks for the clarification Ruth!

Kim: I'm sure you'll be fine on vacation. It sounds like you've got a good plan. Going to the beach... how fun! I love the beach, but really, who doesn't??
Old 06-06-2008, 10:01 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

did we lose a bunch of posts?????
Old 06-07-2008, 06:00 AM   #37  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We sure did! Read the announcement in the yellow band up top!
The good thing is that we didn't gain back the weight!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #38  

ok day 7! my official weigh in! I lost a total of 3 lbs on the nose! I'm very pleased my clothes are already fitting better and my stomach has visibly shrunk, it's amazing!! Today we are visiting my FIL in the hosp, he's in ICU so hopefully we get some good news there and hosp food is SBD friendly I'll check back in tonight
Old 06-08-2008, 08:07 PM   #39  

This thread is quiet this weekend

ok I have some good news to share! ok, I have been in kansas city all weekend at the hospital with my father in law. First, hosp food is hard to find much SBD friendly entrees but I did it! I had salads and for breakfast I had custom made omlets and such. I was so proud of myself! Then last night, we left the hosp around 8:30 pm and I was hungry along with my dh and we were downtown where there are nothing but amazing fine dining restaurants. We have been so stressed we decided to treat ourselves to one of those restaurants so we went to one named Houston's. It was the coolest place ever! Anyway, they had a pretty limited menu and downtown I was already tempted with Cold Stone Creamery and Bistro Chinese, etc.. but I held firm so far so I was gonna continue! So I ordered a roasted chicken breast with seasonal veggies, which was jumbo asparagus. There was some sort of sauce on the vegetable but I wiped it off since I wasn't sure if it had sugar in it or not and ate them plain but they were delicious plain too but all in all the weekend went awesome OP! Today is day 8 and I'm soooo excited to make it through the weekend! my dh is an over the road driver and he's home on the weekends and they are normally the worst for me to eat junk and fast food with him, but not this weekend, it was 100% OP! and my jeans are really fitting better and my shirts are fitting great. I'm starting to feel sexy again! anyway, I wanted to share hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #40  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Great job Spryng! It feels so good to have your clothes fit looser.

I work at a hospital and I can usually find SB friendly food if I try. We have the custom omelets but only on Wednesdays. But we always have scrambled eggs (egg beaters) and V8 juice. Lunch is always a huge salad with chicken, turkey, cheese or boiled egg. I usually take my lunch but sometimes supplement from the cafeteria.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:41 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

yay spryng! you go grrrrl! good on ya for resisting the temptations offered downtown. boy am i glad they don't have a stone cold creamery over here....

me: phase one restart # 4 or 5?? things have been so crazy i just didn't seem able to get stocked and started! so here goes

happy monday everyone!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #42  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

A little over indulgence over the past 2 weeks... I'm starting Phase 1 again today. I need to be strict and get that 'lean' feeling back again!

Hope everyone is doing well this HOT Monday morning...
Old 06-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #43  

thank you all so much!

Anne, yeah we weren't there during hot food hrs (except for breakfast) so I'm sure I could have gotten a grilled chicken or something but salad worked just fine and they had garbonzo and kidney beans too which made it very hearty

jandaman, good luck on phase 1 again, how much did you lose the first time you did it?

marathon mom, it's nice to be able to come back to p1 whenever we over indulge some to get us refocused and back on track good luck to you as well! I hope both of you lose lots of weight in the next 14 days

for me, it's day 9 and I just had some lean roast beef and cheese for breakfast. I'm out of quiches, I'll be making some more for this week for sure Today I have the day off so I'm gonna clean the house and relax.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hey marathon mom, hand over some of that willpower dust

spryng-the first time i lost nada, the second time i lost 10 pounds
Old 06-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #45  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to share that I'm jumping back into P1 after a weekend of eatting and drinking debauchary camping with my family. It was something I had planned and I knew that a week of P1 would help get the cravings back under control. I had 2 egg and turkey bacon cups for breakfast and black bean and jicama salad w/ chicken for lunch. Going shopping tonight, menus already to go. Wish me luck!
Closed Thread