South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 192/190/165

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Phase 1!

Last night I worked out some and followed the diet. I didn't go off plan and I've noticed that my clothes are fitting a little better (or maybe wishful thinking?). This morning for breakfast I had a small amount of light soy milk and another bacon & cheese egg cup. I really want this to work and I'm really trying hard to keep to the diet. I find that having a spoonful of natural peanut butter helps me keep going in the afternoon and squashes any cravings I have for bad carbs.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:01 AM   #17  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Thank you Cottage... I agree...

I'll have to pack something homemade. Maybe a PeanutButter, Protein Powder, Dry milk concoction...

It's not worth eating something quick and then having all those cravings that it will generate...
Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Marathon Mom! You could make the Nessa Bars with some peanutbutter, and add a little protein powder to them, too. I bet that'd be good!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-20-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #19  
new/just discovered ya'll

S/C/G: 165/173/130

Height: 5'4

Hey, everyone! I'm back! It defantly was a 24 hour flu. About 4 other family members got it as well who are not on the same diet. I knew it seemed too severe to just be SB. Bright side is i still didn't cheat! I have been following the book to the T on meals so far just to cut down on the margin of error but feel like I've got it down enough to branch out.

Marathon Mom- do a general search for homemade protien bars on the web, there are 1000's out there that will fit. I use several for my son that's in martial arts. No processed ingredients seems to help him through tournaments a lot longer!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Hi chicks! I'm here on day one, just ate breakfast a bit ago: omlette w/ green peppers.

I am not used to having specific dietary restrictions, generally i have just been trying to eat "healthy" and exercise. My carb/sugar cravings always kill me though, so I think SB is a good choice. I'm honestly looking forward to fixing my body chemistry a bit as much as I am to losing weight!
Old 05-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #21  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone! Today is day 2 of phase 1 for me. I think I'm doing well so far. I've been doing the low-cal thing for the past 7 months and have lost 53 pounds. But, I was starting to stall so I thought I'd switch things up a bit. I think it'll benefit me to eat less grains for now. Making the switch hasn't been that difficult. The only thing that worries me is the amount of calories I'm eating. I'm not used to eating all those good fats everyday, but I know that in moderation they're good for me. Anywho, good luck to everyone. I'm still pretty new around 3FC, but it feels good to have found such an encouraging place!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #22  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Default It (I) just has to work this time . . .

I can't believe how hard it's been for me to stick with a diet plan. It seems like food is my best friend and I don't want to give it up. My doctor said this seems to be the best diet for the problems I have (like carb cravings).

I just treading the line between scared and hopeless. I'm so fat I don't want to go to work. I'm ashamed of how I look. I feel horrid.

I really need to write here. Hope to hear back from anyone who has a good word to share.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #23  
PinkMermaid-on-SouthBeach

S/C/G: 176/161.5/120 Down 15 lbs!!!

Height: 5'2

Hey Everyone! Good Afternoon.

I believe that it is Day 7 for me, I do not have a calendar in front of me. So far, so good...except I had a little slip today. I ordered a turkey burger at a local restaurant and didn't even think about the bun. I took one bite and felt the bread in my mouth and spit it out! LOL. My friend started laughing hysterically. Although it was funny, I still swallowed a little bit of the bread and hoping it doesn't make a huge change. I have no problems starting over again though. It was an honest mistake, but no matter what I am ready to do this!!!!

We can do this!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:32 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

MissKoo, i've been at a point where i felt too ashamed to go out of my house - part of it was depression but i have a bad habit of binge eating and carbs set me off - then i was depressed PLUS bloated and unable to fit into anything semi-flattering. there were times when i felt so lousy that i'd rather just eat than try to deal with seeing or even talking to anyone. this is a major reason i am trying SB - my actual weight is not horrible but my eating patterns are very bad for me.

keep checking in and getting support on here - you're not alone and we can do this!

also as an aside i must mention that i love your avatar! i've seen that little graphic before and it always makes me laugh.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:02 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hi everybody!

hi everyone!

big welcome *hugs* for everyone i haven't met yet.

misskoo-you aren't alone. stress/binge-eating esp. carbs was (and is) a huge problem for me. i even did therapy for it. sbd really helps! within days you'll feel lighter, healthier and more energetic. you can do it!

we all can!--i should really take my own advice,
i have so many classes right now as well as private students..i just end up being too exhausted to cook etc?? or are these just lame excuses? *biggersigh*
Old 05-21-2008, 08:59 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

MissKoo: I'm sorry you're feeling this way. There is probably nothing I could say that would make you feel better, but try to remember one thing. Even if you start South Beach, and then fall off the wagon, you can always pick up the peices and get back on the wagon. The rest of us will do our best to reach out a hand and pull you back up if you need it. Take it from me, no matter how hard you fall, Phase 1 is always ready and waiting to whip you back into shape. You may not lose weight as quickly as you like, but you will be improving your health at your pace, which is much more important.

readyforrealme: Glad you're back with us and feeling better!

jabr: I really wouldn't worry about that little bit of bread. I'd just monitor myself for a day to see if I had reintroduced cravings. If I slip up, but don't have cravings, I usually just let it go and move on. (Unless it were something huge like eating an entire cake or pizza. ) Congrats on getting through 7 days successfully!

, iriswhispers and kris10dawn! Nice to "meet" you!

Jandaman: Hi again! I know that some may call our reasons for not cooking lame excuses, but if they're valid reasons then we have no cause for feeling ashamed. We just have to stop, take a breath, and figure out a solution. (Of course, I need to take this advice sometimes as well).

Me: Day 4 of Phase 1, Round 2 is over for me and it wasn't great. I did stay on-plan as far as what I was eating and working out, but I don't think I ate enough veggies. I was in a tizzy over my jury duty during vacation drama, so I didn't stop to eat lunch. By the time I felt the hunger pains, I was engrossed in work, so only ate half my lunch which did not include a salad. So I'm really going to watch it today and try to make sure I don't let stress get in the way of my eating right.

Well, if I don't shower now, I'll be late for work, so off I go!

~Kim
Old 05-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 192/190/165

Good morning Phase I!

misskoo - You're also not alone with me, stress and binge eating has really gotten me down during the wedding planning process. "Comfort" carbs were hurting my workout efforts and hindering any progress I hoped to accomplish. Since I've started this I've started noticing a difference with a slimmer stomach. I haven't had too much weight loss yet, but what I have I'm happy with!

Jandaman - I find it helps to plan out my meals at the beginning of the week and snacks the night before. This way I can't mess that up and I don't have to think about it. Plus I can shop at the beginning of the week and not have to run out for everything.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:48 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

soon2: ur so right, u'd think i knew better-this being my third time round and all..i think it has to do with the opening hours over here..at the moment i am teaching almost non-stop from 9:00 til around 9:00 and everything closes at 7:30......(yet more lame excuses??..need better time management, perhaps) tomorrow's a holiday and i will sit down and write that plan!
Old 05-21-2008, 10:28 PM   #29  

Height: 5'8"

Well, tonight ends day 3 for me. I did have a lil slip up today. Fogetting that I ate 2 TBS cream cheese as part of a morning snack, I ate 2 more TBS with dinner! It's crazy how such a small mistake makes me want to feel like I ruined the whole day, but I know all is not lost! Oh well, what's done is done. Tomorrow I will be more aware!

Jandaman: Good luck with your planning. It does make such a difference when we are prepared with meal plans and actually cook them! It can be hard to keep up with though, at least for me. Some nights I just don't want to cook, plain and simple! But, it's always those times when I'm not prepared that I will likely mess up.

Kim: Nice to "meet" you, too, and everyone else! Glad you got out of jury duty! And good for you for realizing what areas of your diet need improvement. I love when we get to that place where we recognize our little mess ups and know how to deal with them without giving up or letting them snowball into bigger problems! I used to be a chronic yo-yo dieter and thought that if I ate one bite of something bad, or didn't eat all the right things that I should just quit. Thankfully, that attitude has been changed! I'm sure you're doing great!

Hope everyone else had a great on-plan day!
Old 05-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #30  
PinkMermaid-on-SouthBeach

S/C/G: 176/161.5/120 Down 15 lbs!!!

Height: 5'2

Kim-Thanks I actually didn't lose any weight or gain any weight and have been real strict with everything else, so I am hoping it didn't effect my cravings/weightloss. I do not find myself craving sweets, but I do have a few cinnamon candies (sugar free of course) a day and I think that helps.

Jandaman - I work and go to school, so I completely understand. I make turkey or chicken sandwiches on Sunday and Thursday. I wrap active moz. cheese and meat (turkey or chicken breast) and wrap it all into a romaine lettuce leaf. I make about 10 small ones and put them in Tupperware and take two with me everyday for lunch. They keep very well and are very healthy. You can also put pickles, olives, onions, etc. I also carry a SB snack pack everyday that is filled with almonds, string cheese, celery and some more goodies. I hope that helps.

Kris - Glad to see you are doing well. Keep up the good work! It is tricky the first couple of days to figure out what you can have, but you will get the hang of it. There are websites that you can log into that will keep track of favorite foods that you have eaten for the day. Such as fitday and sparkpeople.

Me: Day 8 and haven't lost any more weight, but I am okay with that. I am still bloated and gassy, which I am trying to get used to. I think it is because my body is getting rid of all the diet soda I used to drink. LOL. I have been drinking a lot of water to help with it as well.

Good luck ladies and keep it up!!!
Closed Thread