South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #31  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Cyndi - You're welcome. I, too, like to research different subjects. Google is my best friend. It's part of what bothers me so much about uninformed parents -- who claim that they have no way to learn -- the internet has a world of information at one's fingertips if you only take the time to look.
Yes, we did get out for our hike...no picnic, though. The wife in the family that we went with is a bit of a downer. She claimed she was tired about 10 minutes into our hike and sat down, pulled a magazine out of her backpack and told us to pick her up on the way back. Gee, thanks. Part of the reason why we made the plans to go for a hike was because her doctor told her that she needed to get out walking more to help her pt along. She wasn't a happy camper for the 10 minutes she was walking either...whined the entire time...even more so than the two children we had! I think it's time my family took some time apart from their family, which is unfortunate because the men are best friends and the kids play so well together. The wife just really makes things unbearable. We can tell she isn't trying to be rude, but she's an only child princess who is used to getting things her own way....and if she doesn't, she pouts.

Anyway, today DH and I worked on the house and did some gardening. I threw a roast in the oven this afternoon, so we'll be having that and mashed potatoes for DH, mashed cauliflower for me, ww rolls, and broccoli. I also made a ww, sf strawberry rhubarb cobbler for dessert. It smells yummy!
It's been awhile since we've had a traditional sunday supper, so I figured it was about time. Roast is DH's favorite meal.

DS is diapering a stuffed animal and putting it to bed. too cute!

also, I looked through my grandmother's old recipes that I got when she passed. I found some really great recipes that I'm going to make for my son's 2nd birthday. A lemon-aid punch recipe, a great bean recipe, a cheerio bar thingy, a fruit dip made with lemon yogurt and a strawberry pretzel bar recipe. His birthday is going to be held in the park with an accompanying bbq.

Last edited by zeffryn; 05-04-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #32  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
I also made a ww, sf strawberry rhubarb cobbler for dessert. It smells yummy!

Okay, now I've gone to my happy place. I rhubarb. I will have to experiment.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #33  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I <3 rhubarb also. It isn't very readily available in the south. My husband had never had it before I made a strawberry rhubarb pie last summer. He loves it now.

I went to the store to pick some up for some rhubarb dessert topping and they had no idea what it was. I told them it was a bright red stalk.....they pointed me in the direction of swiss chard! Oh well. I finally found it, but it's $4 a lb! Back in MN, people were giving it away they had so much!

The cobbler I made is more like a clafouti, but it's yummy (I snuck a bite I took 1 cup of ww flour, 1 t. baking powder, 1 cup splenda, and 1 1/2 cup of ff skim milk (you may need a bit more milk). Mix it together and then add 1/2 cup of melted butter or margarine (it's a lot, I know.....this is a once in awhile thing). Mix well. Pour into 8x8 baking dish and scatter with as much rhubarb and strawberries as you want. Make sure the fruit sinks to the bottom a little. Sprinkle with a bit more splenda and bake for 30-45 minutes @ 350.
It isn't very sweet and is FULL of fruit. mmmmm.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #34  
Keep Moving Forward!

S/C/G: 190/175/140

Height: 5'8''

HEy Ladies I am back... again...

Is rhubarb allowed in P1? I need to try some new foods so I do not stray, so far I have had some hits and some misses, I was thinking rhubarb might make a nice dessert.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:00 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, Happiness Seeker! Yes, rhubarb is allowed on Phase 1, since it is technically considered a vegetable.
Closed Thread