South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! I finally have time to post personals! Yay!

Cottage: I'm glad to read that Maggie is doing so well. Hope the two of you have fun today! Stay warm.

Ruth: Give Hershey a good morning pat for me. Hope you enjoy your time in town - errands aren't exactly the best, are they? But I'm sure you'll enjoy having your sewing machine back and all tuned up!

, Nessa! Have a good day!

Spirit: I admire your determination to continue eating well in spite of your schedule. Keep it up! You're doing great!

jandaman: Good grief! That's terrible! Hope you find a new place quickly and that you and your lawyer friends get him good!

Kara: Hope you're warmed up by now! I worked out in the backyard last night and went through the same thing when I got in - it was pretty chilly out. It's amazing how cold you can end up after a workout! Hope you and the kiddos have a great day!

Barb: Have a good (not too busy ) day!

, Cat! Have a great day!

Gonna: Enjoy all your workouts today - and hope you have a fun trip to Costco!

Laurie: I'm sure your body will be balanced and back to normal next week! Hope you enjoy your day.

Fluffy: Congrats on your loss!!

Me: Today should be fairly uneventful. Work, workout, dinner (leftover Taco Bake) and then some furniture rearranging since our mattress will be here on Saturday. I'm pretty sore from last night's workout, so I think that I will just walk a few miles tonight.

Hope everyone to come has a great day!

~Kim
Old 04-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies,

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. We have lots of rain here and the ground can not handle anymore it just sits on top and puddles, what you going to do....

We went to Florida for kid's spring break last week to Cocoa Beach and had a wonderful time.. hard to get back and into the groove.

I have started losing some of the weight I put on while on vacation so that is a good thing- I am detoxing once again, really should have been better while on vacation.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday
Old 04-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #18  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Krystal congratulations on your weight loss - every pound counts

Kim glad you finall y got a chance to chat with us a bit more today - hope works slacks up a bit for ya.

Pearl cocoa beach is not to far from me you could have stoped by and said hi - glad yall had a great trip.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #19  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Kara, I was laughing when you said your oatmeal didn't warm you up after you threw frozen raspberries in it! I know what you meant, but it did sound funny the first time I read it! Thanks for the reminder about protein--it's a good one! I was thinking of having bell peppers and hummus for snack, but I should probably throw in a piece of LF cheese for extra protein, eh? The scale is a very frustrating thing! I love what Mandalinn82 (a mod) has in her sig:
Quote:
"Remember - we use the number on the scale to measure our progress not because it is the most accurate, but because it is the most convenient."
Isn't that so important to remember? I love getting weighed at my nutrition clinic because they can tell me exactly what I've gained (e.g. muscle) or lost (e.g. water) and that can really make a difference. You may have gained some water, Kara. I've read on here that as your fat cells lose their fat content, they want to stay big, so they suck up water--eventually they give up and let the water go. Don't let it stop you--but you might want to consider some changes in your routine--like doing interval running, eating different foods or the same foods but at different times, etc. That kind of thing usually helps me break out of a plateau and see change again.

Congrats, Krystal! Don't forget to change your ticker!

Fluffy, those crackers are really good! I'm so glad you have found something that doesn't make you sick. They have a lot of protein, too, if I remember right!

Last edited by beachgal; 04-03-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #20  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Yay, Krystal! At least *someone's* scale is behaving!

Kim, work must be cutting you some slack (or you're just ignoring it!). Either way, have a cheerful day!

Pearl, glad you checked in. Sounds like the vacation in Florida was nice! Did the kids have fun?

Laurie, I am feeling terribly bloated today. This month's cycle has hit with a vengence. Hopefully once the week is over I'll be peeing all this extra water out! I will have to start a new type of bathroom celebration!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 04-03-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #21  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Fluffy, I got some of those Mary's Gone Crackers last time I was at a Whole Foods (unfortunatly I have to go to N.O. or Baton Rouge to find them) I love those crackers!
Last week I found some rather strange but yummy crackers at our local organic store..they were made out of flax and sesame seeds called "Matter of Flax". They were very good too...kind of strange because when you chew, the flax oil kind of comes out of them...very thin and yummy crackers...

break over...kids coming in the class now!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #22  

Gonnabe165 -didn't think to ask if anyone was near Cocoa Beach, but I have a sister and relatives who live in West Palm Beach and they came up to visit for a few days- had lots of fun

Kara, the kids had a wonderful time, they want to go back next year.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #23  
Beach Bum

Spirit-When I worked night shifts I would get nauseated about 90% of the nights, starting about 3AM. I tried to take simple foods to work. Nothing too hard to digest. Drinking hot tea can be helpful. Celestial seasonings had one called Grandma's tummy mint. It is chamomile & peppermint. I think eating small amounts is helpful as well. Hope you can find something that works for your body. It is a difficult shift.
Karla
Old 04-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #24  
Visualizing the Goal

I think I am blowing up like a balloon! Stop the bloat!!!

Kara
Old 04-03-2008, 01:00 PM   #25  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hello chicks. The sun is shinning here but boys is it windy and cold. I will be so glad when the warm weather gets here.Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Kara - this may be TMI , but didn't you say Aunt Flow showed up this week - maybe that accounts for the increase on the scale? She's here right now and I won't go NEAR a scale!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #27  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Pearl glad to hear yall got to see family - thats awesome

Kara & Kim aunt flow visited me and made the scale stay the same so I am hoping on my Friday weigh in everything will be back to normal - good luck to tou gals
Old 04-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #28  
Visualizing the Goal

I know, Kim. I've just been eating smack on plan and expected to see a difference despite it being the wrong time of month, having 24 ounces of water in my belly, not having nursed the baby yet, AND being fully clothed. I guess it would take a lot of "being good" to account for all of those factors!

Kara
Old 04-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #29  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
I guess it would take a lot of "being good" to account for all of those factors!
No doubt, Kara!

TOM can really put extra pounds on. I've never felt bloated before, but I always gain 3-5 pounds during TOM, then drop it right after. Hope yours comes right off--but I wouldn't want to be your bathroom when it starts--you might have to claim it as your own for a while!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #30  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Kara, Maybe we can compete to see who is in the potty more.

I had to share the very exciting news that WE ARE GETTING A TJ'S IN NASHVILLE!!! Of course, it is coming about November and we will have to move in August...but hey, it will still be exciting. I can't wait!!
Closed Thread