South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hi usarchie!

ditto what kim_star said last time i did P1 i lost exactly nada, nix nyente! and i didn't start actually shedding pounds on P2 until about three months into it. i ended up losing 36 pounds so don't stress! i am sure it also has something to do with how you metabolize (strange and mysterious workings of the body*grin*)
i haven't been around much this easter weekend (had company over etc.)and have to admit i cheated. i had 3 pieces of cheesecake total this weekend (instead of tea-time germans have coffee and cake time)--so i don't want to go anywhere near my scale! it's back to P1 tomorrow for a coupla days until things pan out.
anyways how did all you chicas withstand the easter time temptations?
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #32  

oh, by the by..thanks for the support re: my university situation. i actually pushed thru and went jogging in the snow...unthinkable only a month ago!
Old 03-24-2008, 01:31 PM   #33  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

I made a SBD modified lemon blueberry cheesecake, and had a very small piece. I did make lamb, but ate a ton of veggies with it, so I'm okay. I did cheat and have 2 small nachos at the basketball game I went to on Saturday. But no cravings, so okay.

Jan, I love the German tradition of coffee and cake in the afternoon. The food in Germany tastes sooo good and fresh, and milche kaffe is my most favorite thing ever. Which means I shouldn't move to Germany until I am at my maintenance weight... Otherwise I'd be doomed.

I've been thinking about a flourless chocolate cake... if I could just figure out the sugar then I'd have an SBD junkfood option. Although I guess I should be more like Ruthxxx and avoid the worthless nutrient free desserts.

Something about my past conditioning makes me think that a person can't live without desserts. I don't know if I can get through that mental block to make it so that I can appreciate one every once in a while, and not think that they're a necessity for life.

I'm not craving them, though, so maybe that's step one.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:33 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 168/ 163/ 145

Height: 5 4

Hello ladies,
I did OK with Easter, but could have been a lot better! I had a piece of zucchini bread, lots of munchies, and two glasses of wine, so I'm thinking of a little phase 1 myself. I'm so glad to be back on track today..hopefully I can bring myself to participate in some much needed exercise.
I made sugar-free cream cheese frosting this weekend, it would be great with flourless cake!
lbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:26 PM   #35  
Come on ONEderland!

Augh, today is trying. I did go on a good walk, up the hill o' doom, and now I've hit the afternoon doldrums. I'm feeling really tired, and really uninterested in working.

What I am interested in is munching on my hummus and bell peppers, even though I'm not hungry! I'm just bored. This is terrible. I've opened them up 3 times since lunch.

I need to wait until at least 3 before I snack, and since I had a HUGE salad for lunch, I probably will wait until 4, when I should start to feel a little hungry.

And there are no good coffee options at my office- it's all caffeinated with those terrible for you creamers.

Starbucks run? If it didn't take half an hour...
Old 03-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone

I made it through the Easter Week!! No chocolate bunnies, no cadbury eggs, no jelly beans. I planned to eat one dessert somewhere. Wasn't sure what or when and had a very ( I mean very small) small piece of pecan pie.

I can start exercising a little tomorrow, and that will help with my feeling like a stuffed bunny. I lost 1.5 pounds! Not sure how that happened, but I am taking it!!!

With all the collected Turkey carcasses, ( I didn't cook this year, everyone else did!) I am making a big ol pot of turkey and rice soup. Wild rice. It sure smells good!

Today

BKF: egg, 1 ww toast, 1/2 pear
Lunch: Mushroom Barley soup
Snack FF, SF pudding with 4 chopped pecans
Dinner Anitpasto Salad
Snack............fruit

Kay
KayL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #37  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Well I had a ton of food yesterday! Ate ham, potatoes, cheesecake, homemade bread and Easter candies. I think I got that out of my system though (I haven't cheated in 11 weeks). I'm back on plan today. I actually feel better as I had a stomach ache last night. I'll probably skip weighing myself this week since it wouldn't be good anyway. I think if I plan to cheat in advance, it's not as "bad" as doing it on the spur of the moment.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:04 AM   #38  

ooooooh! i am so relieved that i was not alone in my indulging strangely enough my tummy also acted up and seems to appreciate being back on track.
did have a peek at my scale..haven't gained *phew* i have a nice leisurely day planned (or more specifically not planned)-- thanks to easter break i can enjoy a respite from teaching for an entire glorious week!
i really should exercise, tho..maybe some yoga and a bit of pilates. but first i'll enjoy watching biggest loser for inspiration .

i hope all you chicks enjoy your tuesday as much as i will!
Old 03-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #39  
Come on ONEderland!

Some of us don't get spring break anymore.

But, that being said, it's all going okay. I've booked my trip to Seattle next week. I'll be gone for 2 nights. I think I can eat out in restaurants pretty safely, but anyone have good ideas for snacks that I can pack to take with me so that I can still have a regular eating schedule? I figure I can take some of those baby bell cheeses, I can cut up a ton of celery, and some almonds.

It's tough figuring out what I can and can't take on a plane these days. I need to make sure I set myself up for success and not failure, since I'm worried about my business trips.

Also- ordering breakfast in a restaurant in the morning- will they look at me weird if I ask for 2 eggs over easy and some steamed broccoli? Any suggestions for things that would be easy to order in a typical breakfast setting?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 168/ 163/ 145

Height: 5 4

Hello uscarchie-

It is challenge to travel while sticking to a plan, but it sounds like you are planning ahead- which will be helpful. How about cottage cheese & strawberries or non-fat yogurt to order for breakfast? To take with you on the plane- how about a trail mix- peanuts, sunflower seeds, cut up apricots, dried cherries, & some high fiber cereal (maybe a small amount of dark chocolate cut up small for flavor)? Or peanut butter and whole wheat pita/or those washi high fiber crackers? apple? I've seen small portable peanut butters in the grocery store. Hope it helps, and have a safe trip!

Lisa
lbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

uscarchie, I just saw your post about business travels. I travel quite a bit and have developed a few strategies: pack food, go grocery shopping, go-to meals.
I usually take hard boiled eggs, cheese, small packs of tuna, raw veggies, nuts, packs of NSA hot cocoa...
LOL I often wonder what the x-ray folks think when they see what's in my bag. It's really nice to have some of these things in your purse if you are stuck somewhere with nothing but a vending machine or the usual food provided at meetings.
Don't rely on hotel breakfasts, there is usually NOTHING there beach-friendly. When I get to my destination, I check out the room to see if I have microwave or fridge, and then hit the grocery and plan out my meals just like if I was home. The more meals I can eat in my room the better. If I have to eat out, I know I can usually find a Wendy's and get a side salad and a chili. Or Outback Steakhouse has a nice salmon and steamed veggie dinner.
For ordering breakfasts, most places will make you an omelet with veggies, or you can have oatmeal. Hope this helps and have a good trip!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:55 AM   #42  
Come on ONEderland!

Aaacckkk! So I learned my lesson about obsessively checking the scale every morning! Yesterday, I was 231, and today I was back at 235! All of that means nothing, weight fluctuation is normal and I'm doomed to be a different weight every day, just as long as the scale shows a downward trend...

I'll keep the 231 on my ticker to make me feel better about myself (I know, it's just a lousy number, maybe I should post my blood pressure which is showing GREAT improvement) and I won't weigh myself until Sunday, which is what I should be doing! Once a week check ins to make sure I'm not starting an upward trend.

I was sooo scared of what the scale told me before the SBD, and how ironic is it that now I'm checking it every day?

Back away from the scale......

Last edited by uscarchie; 03-26-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #43  

Default cheesecake mania

hi chicas!

am feeling a bit downtrodden today as i can't seem to shake the cheesecake habit i acquired over easter....was only half a piece so i probably shouldn't sweat it but *siighhh*

usarchie: have also developed a v close relationship (maybe unhealthy ) to my scale even tho i know weight can fluctuate up to 6-7lbs. go figure! i hope you've been able to come up with a sbd safe food plan while ur traveling

props to all the rest of youse gals!
Old 03-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #44  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Not much conversation going on in this thread so I think I'll post today.

Went for a college visit with my son yesterday and went to their cafeteria for lunch. The choices were mind boggling. So much different than when I went to college. And they can eat as much as they want with their meal ticket. Boy, you could sure gain a lot of weight. I remember gaining like 25# in college, mostly from pop (Machine on our dorm floor) and pizza.

They did have a lot of healthy choices too. Had a wonderful salad bar and fruit. Also tried the edamame from the Asian food bar. It was fantastic! Didn't gain any weight from my Easter pig out. Don't know if I can lose anymore either though. Close to my goal and I know it can be difficult. At my age it isn't getting any easier either. At least the weather is finally looking up here and I may be able to start walking outside more.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:47 AM   #45  
Come on ONEderland!

I was a size 14 when I went to college. And then I met the "make your own Belgian waffle corner." I think I lost a potential beau due to that corner! By the end of college I had gone on a rollercoaster ride of jean sizes... I think I ended up a heavy 16, an 18 in denial.

Thanks, college!

Oh my goodness, this thursday I had a business trip up to San Francisco- to a williams sonoma store. 1.) It is incredibly difficult to deny airport cravings. I wanted EVERY candy and ice cream I saw. I fought really hard, snacking on my protein bar even though i wasn't hungry. And thank god for gum!
2.) It is hard to work at a williams sonoma store and not think about cooking delicious foods. I want a nice set of knives that I can't afford.

But I'm at 230 today, and I'm hoping that's where I stay.