South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #31  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Kara-welcome to my world. That is what it's like when I have all 4 kids by myself.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #32  
Visualizing the Goal

Usually they all don't break down at the same time. Maybe it's a full moon or something.

Turns out Kadyn was screaming because Avery closed the bathroom door while she was on the potty and she hadn't turned the light on. That Avery is trouble for not even being two yet! I think she did it on purpose.

I decided to get on-line to destress. Better for the waistline than chocolate.

Kara
Old 02-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 232/224/165

Goodmorning Ladies!

I hope all of you with the ice and snow - bunker down and be safe!
We have had pretty irratic weather here too-- but as the saying goes here" Welcome to Houston, if you dont like the weather- just wait 5 minutes!"

Well - this morning is started completely on the wrong foot! Well, I guess it started last night-- MY lovely fiance came home from class (in school to get PT certified) and ate dinner-( left over taco bake!) then runs out to his car to get some pants that he bought for work... well he left the front door open and my 2 lb yorkie (Thibodaux) runs to follow him .... he comes back in and goes to bed-- well for some reason I decided to stay up for about 15 more minutes-- and I got to find Thibi and tell him good night-- he is no where to be found-- which is not like him he -- then I hear this horrible bark at the front door -- poor little guy is just sitting there shaking!

Then this morning I get up- and its cold in Houston-- well, not as cold as you all with the snow and ice BUT cold for here! and I start a bath -- I have to be at work early b/c we are getting audited today--- (not in trouble here - jsut the yearly audit for the SEC)
I jump in the tub and the water is freezing cold--- I tell my fiance- there is not hot water - to which he grumbles---- Great now I have to take a cold shower-- I said excuse me-- I am soaking in a cold bath right now!

SO after hurrying and washing-- I jump out and go look at the hot water heater- and the pilot is not lit-- so I then check the gas stove-- no gas!

A guess a little background information is due at this point-- last week I noticed I had yet to recieve my Feb bill so I called and they told me that my account was closed - b/c someone called them to start a new account and gave my address(by mistake) which automatically closed my account on 12/20. They apologized and told me that my account would be restored immediately and that they would be out within the next few days to read the meter -- that there would not be a bill until the end of this month.

once at the office, I call Centerpoint- and they saw oh we are sorry - I guess that there must have been a glitch in the system - and the order to go out and read the meter - didnt go through- so they removed your gas meter!
We apologize -- and we will be out today -- but you must be home! I said I cant be there-- it is impossible today of all days!

So now-- I have to leave and be home by 3:30- b/c if I want a hot shower tomorrow - they are coming between 3:30 - and 9 tonight!

Lets just hope that this is the last of the bad luck I have today-- and nothing goes wrong in this audit!

Hope all you ladies have a good day and thanks for listening to me vent!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:17 AM   #34  
Trying it again....

what part of houston?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Cottage- That's a good question. It's my nickname. It's short for Pohaikehaulani which mean gathering/ surrounding heavenly mist. Technically, you aren't suppose to shorten Hawaiian names because it takes away from it's meaning but I'm not a stickler.

TK- Tyler is in E. Texas about 100 miles from both Shreveport, LA and Dallas. My mom is bringing me some poi, laulau and poke on Friday. I can't wait. I'm planning a cheat day. She's bringing some manapua too! It's super easy to make kalua pig and laulau but it's just not the same. I even make a sbd friendly lau lau with chicken breast. It's pretty descent but nothing like the real thing. I think what I miss is the Chinese and Korean food. At least they sale Aloha shoyu in the commissary and I don't have to deal with kikoman, yuck! I'm gonna have to ship some to Germany.

Kara- Yeah, I've heard about the crazy gas prices too. I also heard something about gas coupons/rations. I hope that's not true. I don't know if I could handle hiking in the snow to get my girls to school. It doesn't help that the Euro keeps gaining against the dollar. Last I checked it was $1.50 to 1e. I hope they raise COLA to offset it. I dled a copy of the study manual to drive in Germany. I hold a HI drivers license so I'm going to have to test when I get there. There are a whole lot of street signs I have never seen before. Definitely a lot more to remember.

Laurie- it was the "okole" that gave it away huh! lol!
Cajun, Stephanie and PHX.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:37 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh goodness Kara,
My newly 3 year old does that to my 5 year old all the time. I think they put something in the water that is making our children too smart for their own good. Maybe it's the prenatal vitamins. I can't wait for my mom to get here. I need to de-stress bad!!!! I hope things get better with the kiddos.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #37  
Trying it again....

I'm in southeast houston. I make my own manapua. It tastes just like home. My mom taught me how. I know what you mean by its not the same. My best friend here is from waipahu and she makes guava cake and chantilli cake and haupia cake. I haven't tried it but i have the recipe. im afraid to make it and eat it all. I'm doing so good. I've lost 12 pounds so far and don't wanna ruin it. Man, making my mout watah.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:43 AM   #38  
Trying it again....

I think I miss Zippys the most and Dong Yang (have you been there?)
Old 02-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #39  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Yup, Pohai...I love that word! My aunty always said, "you have the cutest little okoles" to my sisters when they were little.

Oh, Cajun, you (and Thibi!) are having the hardest time! Yikes!!! What an awful mess! I hope the Gas Co. compensates you somehow for this...I'd be livid! Glad Thibi was okay. Yorkies have such fine hair and so little protection from the elements!

Kara, :homer: duh!!! You're totally right, I bet...the soreness is probably from the shoveling! Well butter my okole and call me a biscuit...I'm pretty out of it today!

TKGlenn, even though it might make DH mad if he hears, I think it's totally imperative that you call his counselor and tell her exactly what's going on at home. Do your best to just tell facts and leave your emotions out (I know...that's hard!) so that she trusts what you're saying and doesn't think that you're exaggerating. DH could be in serious trouble and if his counselor doesn't know, she can't help him. Plus, it'll help you SO much if she's able to get him back on track. Let us know how it goes. My counselor has said that, should we decide to get pregnant, she wants to see DH before delivery so she can fill him in on all the signs of postpartum depression. Then she wants him to watch me and call her immediately if I show any signs. I think you're in the position to do that for your DH here.

Bellaluna, I was rereading an old blog and you mentioned that you love to journal but aren't doing it as much now that you're on here. I wanted to suggest a compromise--if you look at the purple bar at the top of every page here at 3FC, you'll see a link to "Free Diet Blogs." I haven't used one in a year or so, so they may have changed, but when I was using them, not only did they give you a place to get your feelings out, but you were given extra support because others would read your blog and post comments, support, sympathy, etc. They might have good advice or just be able to commiserate. It really made me feel better to have that support! You might want to try it! If you do and want us to read it, just let us all know that you're doing it, okay?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #40  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ooooh, guava cake... Is there some way you could make it SBD safe? I think guava's allowed, right?
Old 02-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #41  
Trying it again....

I don't know. I would have to check.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #42  
Visualizing the Goal

Cajun, glad your dog just stayed at the door and didn't start roaming the neighborhood! That's what my lab would've done. She'd have been out visiting all her doggie friends!

Pohai, your Korean food must be different than Korean Korean food. We tried *so* hard to like it but the only thing we really liked was the cucumber kimshi.
I heard the gas rations aren't that bad. But I did hear the drivers' test is hard. We've got the study guide, too. I really have to get on that!

Kids are calming down. Avery's napping and Connor is kind of doing his work. My hard boiled egg is finished for my egg salad wrap (in romaine) so I'm gonna go eat!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-13-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #43  
Trying it again....

Kara-I've been to Korea and ate korean food there and back home in Hawaii and it is alittle different. The taste to me is different. I love kimchi. back home they make a hot/spicy one and it is soooo good. Did u ever try meat jun? or kal bi? yummy!!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #44  
Trying it again....

oh sorry I forgot, you're a vegitarian (sp?). Sorry. That's the only Korean food I eat.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kara, do you have a lot of ice over there in NJ? It doesn't seem to be melting here at all. I just went out to the mailbox and was surprised that there's a solid sheet of ice coating everything.

As you can probably tell, I'm still home. Cindy told me she canceled all her appts. for the day and is just holing up with the girls. I told her to make sure they get their valentines finished for tomorrow. The cards are all finished, but they still have to put them in the special envelopes we made for them and write their classmates names on them. I thought about just driving out there, but I know the roads are going to be even worse out there in the boonies. I did tell her to call me if she needs me though.

There is absolutely nothing on TV, and I finished my book yesterday. The house is clean and laundry is done. Sigh.......
Closed Thread