3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Way Out Wednesday Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/134289-way-out-wednesday-chat.html)

femmecreole 02-13-2008 06:07 AM

Way Out Wednesday Chat

Good Morning!
Hey, my first time starting off the day!

We had such a crazy afternoon yesterday, weather-wise. Big storm came up and blew limbs all over the place...even under my covered patio! Moved stuff into the hallway just in case we had to take cover, but it passed. Found out a little while later that a woman was killed a few miles from here while leaving a hospital. She was an outpatient and told NOT to leave the building, but did anyway and was sucked up into a tornado funnel in the parking lot, then slammed against a car. When it had passed, the hospital folks brought her into the ER, but she passed away. So sad.

On a better note, I discovered a great "salad dressing" yesterday. I made taco bake and wanted something "cool" to put on top of it. So I mixed GREEK yogurt with some dried dill. Then I added sliced cucumbers, avocado cubes and red onion. It was great...very refreshing on top of the taco bake. (also put lettuce and tomato on it.) YUM!!!
I was thinking for summer, mixing the yogurt, dill, cucumber and a little red onion in the food processor would make a wonderful salad dressing.

cottagebythesea 02-13-2008 06:12 AM

Wicked Wet & Wintry Wednesday Chatter

Snow, ice, sleet, freezing rain, ice.......... we've had it all, and it's quite messy out there this morning. Schools are on a 2-hour delay and hopefully all the ice will be out of here by then. I enjoyed yesterday, though, as long as I was safe and snug in my own home. :)

cottagebythesea 02-13-2008 06:17 AM

A cheery good morning to you, Cat! You beat me to it today! :)
I made taco back yesterday, too, and had some for lunch. That's a good idea, making a sort of taziki (sp?) to top it off. I bet it was awesome!

tkglenn 02-13-2008 06:34 AM

Good morning chicks. I will make taco bake one of these days. It looks sooo yummy. I'm up early this morning. Had to take dad to the airport. The airport is about a 45 minute drive from here. DH and I are still not talking. When will all this craziness just go away? I try my hardest to be positive and do good in all I do and put everyone before myself and all I get is anger from DH and nothing but negativity from him. I don't understand how someone can live everyday like that. There is sooooo much to be thankful for. Well, nothing much else is going on here. It's alittle chilli outside but not too bad. It'll be another warm day I think. yesterday was terrible. Very windy and raining really bad.

Cat-you live in LA so we get really similar weather (I live in Houston---Yucky).

Everyone-have a wonderful day.

CyndiM 02-13-2008 06:44 AM

Here too Cottage - except that we are in the middle of it. Everything is closed. They aren't plowing the roads because the snow from last night is keeping them from becoming skating rinks. Eek. I'm so glad I can just pull out my thumb drive and work at home on days like this.

Cat - Your dressing sounds yummy. I'll have to add it to my warmer weather list. We used to get the fat free Greek yogurt in large containers at the Co-op. Now they only have 6 oz containers. I can get all the fat included Greek yogurt I want but not the type we had been buying. I'm thinking about getting some cheese cloth and making my own. Has anyone tried that?

tk- sorry you're having such a frustrating time at home. It sure makes life challenging.

Now the coffee :)

Stay safe everyone!

Ruthxxx 02-13-2008 07:49 AM

Good morning from snowed-in Delta! I imagine the plough guy will be along later. but, in the meantime, we are snowed in. I managed to get the deck door open for Hershey but it was a struggle.

Nothing on the agenda today except hang out with my dog and do the frassing knee bend exercises. I cannot drive my car until I have a 90º bend - not that I want to drive in this stuff!

Time for coffee - how did I forget that?

tomandkara 02-13-2008 07:52 AM

Good slippery, slidey, wet morning to you all! Looks like another run on the treadmill today. I am missing that indoor track I was pounding around in Korea...

Cat, you are a recipe genius! Thanks for passing along a great tip!

Linda, stay safe on the roads today!

Tawnya, focus on the kids and yourself. You can only control your reactions to your environment, so do what you need to to make your life managable.

Cyndi, I think Schmoodle makes yogurt but I don't know what the difference is between Greek and regular. I have yet to try the Greek kind, but it'll be on my next shopping list!

Ruth, enjoy your coffee! You should put on some fun music for doing your exercises. That's what I do for clean-the-house time!

Just floating on Cloud Nine here, hoping Tom's plans don't change for him again! I haven't been able to talk to him since last night and I'm eagerly awaiting his call this morning to fill me in on what happened while I was sleeping. I have a bit of a sore throat this morning but I couldn't care less as long as the rest of this move-school situation works out!

Kara

browneyedgirl77 02-13-2008 08:04 AM

Hey Chickas,
I haven't posted in the daily chat for awhile. I hope everyone is doing well. I've been pretty sick lately. Stupid asthma! The weather here in Ga has been weird to say the least. One day it's 40* the next day it's 75*. Of course, that's great for walks but not so great when you're asthmatic. Everything other than that is going well. DH will finally be home from school in a couple of weeks and then we are off to Germany too! My family is flying in from HI this week. Seems like I haven't seen everyone in forever. I would've really liked to have gone home. It was just way too expensive and just not enough time. I've been staying OP food wise but haven't been getting in all my snacks. I lost a bunch of weight but since I'm not sick anymore I'm sure I'll gain a bunch back.
Cottage and Cyndi- Here I am complaining about weird weather and you all just had a horrible storm. Don't I feel sheepish! Stay Safe!
Cat- that dressing sounds delish! I hope you enjoy it. That is such a sad story. Weird how one silly decision can make a world of difference.
TK-Sorry to hear about your DH. Sometimes the best DH is the one that's only around on weekends.Men!
Ruth- I'm glad to hear your surgery went well and you are feeling better.
Everyone yet to come:wave:!

Have a beachy day!
Pohai

browneyedgirl77 02-13-2008 08:05 AM

Hey Kara we were simul-posting!:wave:

cottagebythesea 02-13-2008 08:12 AM

The schools all decided to close for the day, so it must be bad out there! I don't plan on going anywhere for a while. Cindy and I are trying to decide on a plan for the day. Right now she said they're pretty much stranded out there in the country with over an inch of solid ice on their drive.

Kara, you can make your own Greek yogurt by putting regular yogurt in a cheesecloth and letting all the excess liquid drain out. I've never done it, IMHO it's so much simpler just to buy it. But then I'm always looking for the easy way out, anyway LOL!

Ruth, you're sounding better and better every day! :) Enjoy the snow, and don't even think about going outside!

Cyndi, it's nice to be able to work from home when you have to. I'm really fortunate that Cindy is so accommodating to me when the roads are dicey.

tk, I sure hope you and your DH can work your way through this difficult time!

cottagebythesea 02-13-2008 08:15 AM

:wave: browneyedgirl! This winter sure has had it's ups and downs, temperature wise. I'm sooo ready for spring!

tomandkara 02-13-2008 08:19 AM

Oh, Linda, I used to do that all the time when the kids were babies! I'd buy the big thing of full fat plain yogurt for them, drain it, and then add fruit puree. They loved it and it didn't have any added sugar. Who knew I was so multi-cultural?!

Morning, Pohai! Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Enjoy your time with the family! If there's no housing available when you get to Germany, aren't you allowed to extend in the temporary lodging? Usually with a commander's letter you can stay longer than thirty days if you need to. Or at least that's how the Air Force does it. We're actually hoping to live OFF base, so we've got the opposite problem of trying to figure out how to navigate the German real estate market on limited bilingual skills...

Avery wants to "eeeee" (read: eat) so I'd better go feed her.

Kara

Schmoodle 02-13-2008 08:20 AM

Kill me now! The kids are off again today.:( The only good thing about that is I don't have to get them up and moving right now. There isn't even any snow to speak of for them to play in.

Great minds think alike, cottage and Cat! I made Taco Bake on Monday. My favorite way is with lots of red peppers, onions, zucchini, and spinach, and green olives chopped up in the meat layer.
Hi Pohai, glad you are feeling better!
Cyndi, I haven't tried to make the Greek yogurt yet, but I bought extra milk at the dairy this week so I could make a batch of yogurt and give it a try. I've got to finish up the container I already have though.
Kara, hope you get good news!
tk, hope things are looking up for you today.
Have a good snowy day, Ruth. Is it a little better every day now?

Hope you all have a marvelous Wednesday. We're almost over the hump!

Neko 02-13-2008 08:22 AM

Good morning!

tk Sorry to hear you're still having so much trouble with your husband. :hug:

femmecreole That recipe sounds great. I'll have to try it the next time I make Taco Bake.

Strangely, they cancelled school in my town for the couple of inches of slush we got. So my mother will have to watch my son while I get to drive half an hour to work.

little chick 02-13-2008 08:23 AM

Morning chicks. Snow day here today as well. It is snowing like crazy but they say it is going to change to freezing rain and then rain. The school kids are all here and they have the game cube out and are gaming it up right now. They tend to get a little loud. Poor DH he is home to. And it drives him crazy when he has nothing to do...lol. I am feeling under the weather today a little on the wishy washy side. I hope I am not getting the flu. Well gotta to dash Hugs to all who needs them. Take care chicks I will try to pop back in later. For you chicks who are having the same weather stay safe and snuggly inside.