3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Thursday's Chickie Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/132339-thursdays-chickie-chat.html)

tomandkara 01-24-2008 10:57 AM

Laurie, I hope your girls' night out is fun! Pottery sounds terrific. If your fingers are too messy, you can't eat finger food...

Kim, I catch a breeze every time you race by! You're one busy lady nowadays!!! Hope that college is still going well. Have you figured out which sorority you're going to pledge??? :D I never was much of a sorority girl myself. Too much studying to do.

I just discovered the most delicious thing! I brewed myself a mug of decaffinated green tea this evening and splashed in a bit of DaVinci sugar-free vanilla syrup and then floated about five whole cloves in there for a couple minutes before scooping them out and drinking the most delicious thing ever! Tomorrow night I'm going to try a cinnamon stick.

Off to bed. I stayed up way too late tonight.

Kara

Shesaninja 01-24-2008 11:07 AM

Just popping my head in to say hello!

I wanted to thank you all for the motivation and the final push I needed to start SBD. I've read up on it for a week or so but reading about your successes made me want to give it a shot.
It's day 1 of Ph1 for this kid and I'm a little nervous but I know I can do it this time:jig:!

SAnativegirl 01-24-2008 11:11 AM

Hi All-Yesterday was great, today only soso, but I'll make it better.

Girls at work brought donuts, german choc cake, choc chips cookies yesterday, I barely took a pinkie fingernail size of the frosting. yeah. but today they brought banana bread with frosting. I had to have a little pc. then I realize it didnt taste as good as I thought, so I bit off the frosting and threw away the cake part.

Managed to get in 35 minutes at mall walking fast. Had great dinner of stuffed mushrooms, no bread crumbs, and a small salad. I was hungry going to bed but ignored it. Had a handful of shredded wheat and bran with a sprinkle of go lean crunch- isnt that stuff too sugary for us??

Got my shipment of Southhaven mixes, I didnt know they were nearby in Lockhart, TX. cant wait to make something.

DH tried the dearfield pasta, he liked it. but next time, we'll get whole wheat.
Looking forward to walk tonight and grilled chic and veggies. seems like all I think about is food.

TK. I am no expert either, but at my age, I can tell you, You CANNOT change a man, or anyone for that matter. You are the ONLY one in charge of your own happiness. After years of therapy, life, one divorce, both parents dying, etc etc, that is probably the most impt thing I learned. Talk Talk Talk to him, and work it out if possible. Sorry for venting.

Barb0522 01-24-2008 11:41 AM

There is no way I have time to reply to everyone.
cottage - Brian had sleep apnea and was getting ear infections because his adenoids were so big they were blocking the drainage from the ears. In his case they didn't need to take his tonsils out. It is so much easier when they are kids though. I was late 20's when my tonsils came out and it wasn't fun.

kara - I'll have to try my decaff green tea that way. I do love making the green tea truffles but they are so good that I eat too many so I haven't made them again. I do love hot tea but I seem to prefer green tea cold.

Me - I've got a work lunchean today. My manager (who I have never met) is down from Michigan along with his manager (who I have met a couple of times). The restaurant they chose is known for its huge selection of margaritas but we aren't allowed to drink during lunch so that shouldn't be a temptation. I'll choose the best I can but there doesn't appear much that is healthy on the menu.

tkglenn 01-24-2008 11:47 AM

SA-you're so right. I know I'm the only one whose in charge of my own happiness. It just hurts to know that in this situation, he's not holding up his end of the deal and I feel like ,"I get this after everything I put up with. Is this the thanks I get?!" He's not cheating on me but it feels like it. Thanks for the support and words of encouragement.

femmecreole 01-24-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachgal;2017359
[B
Cat[/B], will you be moving with your company? :

Beach, they are not a "company" as in a business...they are company as in "relatives who are visiting me!"..so no, won't be moving. My mother is here for the winter...now her sister (87) and HER daughter (from Seattle)and now my sister (who lives in NC) are all here for 2 weeks.

I took them all to Mississippi for the weekend to their hometown for a family reunion of sorts and that's where my eggs got frozen.

Kim_Star060404 01-24-2008 11:53 AM

Finally, time for personals. Ahhh. It's like a weight off of my shoulders to be able to come talk to all of you. Boss-man just left because he's been sick lately and not up to snuff. One of the office furnaces is broken, so it's starting to get chilly. Considering the circumstances, I told my girls to take it easy at least until lunch.

Cottage: I will be thinking about poor little Maggie. I hope they get everything taken care of so that she can sleep peacefully from now on. Enjoy your taco bake! :hungry:

Cyndi: Seeing people in those circumstances just breaks my heart. I hope things turn around for them soon. Be careful driving while you're tired! I'm sending some caffeine your way!! :coffee:

:welcome: to the beach, ButlersMaid, Jaelini, Shesaninja, earthchild and missinmysoldier! Lots of newbies to the chat - how wonderful!! Let us know how we can :cheer2: cheer you on and we'll do our best!!

Schmoodle: Send DS a :getwell: for us! And I hope you and DD avoid the sickness. Good luck to them and their science projects.

Cat: I'm glad that you're enjoying your company and that you made it safely through the snow. WTG sticking to SB at the catfish restaurant--I don't know if I could have! :high:

Kara: Conner took a GREAT pic! You and DH are so cute! How is the packing up going? I imagine that even with the movers taking care of your stuff you and the kids will have a lot to take to the States for a month! :hug: about the doctor...I think your DH would be happy to take over appointments for you! School is going well. It seems like I won't have a problem getting A's in the two classes I've been to. (I have a third, but we haven't met yet due to MLKJr Day).

Dawn: :hug: :grouphug: I agree with Kara, whatever happens will be the best thing for you. Let us know how we can help!

Stephanie: :rofl: Toenails removed!?! I guess speed-reading has its drawbacks! Hope you warm up!

tkglenn: :hug: about DH and you. Sometimes men are just men. Can't live with them, can't live without them. (Didn't know how true that statement was until I got married!) Hope things get better for you.

Laurie: I'm sorry about your fubabies. I hope everything turns out well for both of them. I know when those loverlies are sick, it feels like the end of the world. Have a great time at Ladies' night. It sounds like a lot of fun!!

SANative: I run into the same problems at work. Those girls are always bringing the snacks! It drives me crazy sometimes! Here's to willpower and the occasional slip-up being forgotten with a day of clean eating!

Me: Yep, busy, busy, busy. Class 8 hours a week, work 42.5+ hours a week and lots and lots of homework. Add to that getting my workouts in, keeping house and preparing meals and you've got one crazy lady!! :dizzy: But, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it. DH has stepped up and taken over some things around the house. The only thing I couldn't bear to let him do is grocery shop because he refuses to use my grocery bags rather than the plastic store bags. I hate that!! I've also streamlined my cleaning process so it takes about half the time. (Kind of wish I had figured it out a lot sooner! :shrug:) So far, I have not missed any Spurs games or my favorite Wednesday and Saturday night tv shows. We'll see if that continues. I've taken the biggest hit with my reading-time, but I plan to devote an hour or two to that this weekend. I miss my books!! :book2:

Tonight for dinner we're going out to eat. One of the restaurants in town that we didn't like has new owners and we heard that it's better so we're going to try it again. (:yikes: That was quite a run-on sentence!!) The Spurs play tonight at 7 and I'll be casually researching a paper I'll be writing this weekend while we watch. I also plan on a 3+ mile walk after dinner. Well, this has taken a while, so I'd better get back to work! Have a great day and ((hugs)) to everyone yet to post!!

~Kim

beachgal 01-24-2008 12:09 PM

Thanks, Kim! :hug: back for your loss--I'm sorry I didn't hear about Robert. What happened? :(

:welcome: Shesaninja! I'm so glad you're feelilng confident! You've read the book, right? :) That's very smart! Check out the Phase 1 Emergency Handbook in the FAQ, check in on the Phase 1 thread here, and make sure to try the Taco Bake and PB cup, two huge favorites for Phase 1 (and 2, too!!!)

:welcome3: SANative! I don't think we've "met" yet. I'm assuming you're in Phase 2, right? It sounds like you've had a lot of sugar enter your diet. When you eat things with sugar (like the frosting on the banana bread, or the bread itself), you will probably have to do Phase 1 for at least 3 days to detox again. Obviously, this gets to be rather annoying if you have to do it often, so it's a good deterrent against cheating! ;) Now, can you make a plan to avoid the temptation of those treats? Maybe you can make a healthy "treat" (it's super-easy to make SBD-safe banana bread with WW flour and splenda...you can even make "frosting" with 1/3 less fat cream cheese, a tiny amount of Smart Balance, and splenda or agave nectar...) and put that out on the table? That way there's something you can have? Depending on the size of your office, maybe you can either ask your coworkers to put the items somewhere you don't have to go, or ask them to stop putting them out altogether? Maybe you can start a weightloss challenge at work? A friend of mine works for a large health organization and they are currently doing a weightloss challenge. The person who loses the most weight at the end wins $2,000!!! :fr: As you can probably imagine, she's VERY motivated! :lol: Anyways, if everyone's trying to diet, they probably wouldn't bring stuff like that to work, right? ;) Kill 2 birds with one stone!

2 more important things for SANative:

1. You should never feel hungry on SBD. If you're hungry, eat! If you're in Phase 2, keep to lean meats and veggies rather than carbs and fruits, since they are more likely to make you feel hungrier. One of my favorite snacks when I'm hungry is beans...either homemade (no sugar) 3 Bean Salad, or 1/2 can of refried beans (with no sugar or bad fats) heated with a sprinkle of LF cheese and a 1/4 cup of SF salsa. Yummmm....

2. Yes, Kashi GoLean is too sugary for us. For cereals, a couple of popular ones are Uncle Sam and Fiber One (not the flakes).

Good luck at lunch, Barb! I've missed you lately...glad to "see" you, hon! :hug: I didn't know you had your tonsils out at that age--that's about when I had mine. You're not kidding...it's painful! :p I got some wonderful pineapple-flavored iced green tea bags at Wegman's last summer. They come in a tall, slender tin and each bag makes 2 qts. SOOOO yummy!!! :T

Kim_Star060404 01-24-2008 12:20 PM

Thanks, Laurie. You can find the story here. He was my first love and remained one of my best friends up until his death. He will be greatly missed.

GONNABE165 01-24-2008 12:49 PM

Boy am I late this morning. You gals have been chatting it up.

Ruth my thoughts and prayers are withyou and the doctors and nurses who will be with you as well :hug:

Cottage my prayers are with maggie please keep me updated on her

Have a great day Cyndi & jaelin

WELCOME Butlers maid enjoy your lunch date

Schmoodle you guys get to feeling better real soon :hug:

Thanks for poping in Cat I was wondering how your doing.

Sweet dreams Kara as for Connor he's a professional already

Take care of that ankle Dawn & remeber dh will come around - men are stubborn

Hiya missinChecking in here does make it easier the girls here have so much support and motivation it's awesome.

Welcome earthchild and enjoy your mini vacation

your too funny stephanie :lol:

TK I hope you work everything out with dh and yes you ca always chat with us thats what we are here for

Laurie you poor thing with all those worries Be sure to keep us updated on the outcome. If you do make it to ladies night I say have a blast

Shesaninja :goodluck:

:wave: SA

Barb hope your luncheon goes well

WOW! Kim you have become quite the busy body. Heres a :hug: right back at ya.

Me - I had my apt with the surgoen and then the pathologist who then took six needles and one at a time dug them into the lump/knot on the side of my face using NO numbing agent NO anastesia just pure pain :(. So now I wait :?:24-48 hours for the results and then I have to do a cat scan next week boy I am falling apart to be 30 ;)

Kim_Star060404 01-24-2008 12:59 PM

Barb: Hiya! I missed you with all of the simul-posting going on! I hope the luncheon goes well.

little chick 01-24-2008 01:54 PM

Afternoon chickies.... I am late today posting, although I was in earlier and was reading some of the posts. DD's are both home as exams are over and they don't go back til next wed. I will never get much computer time. Big hugs to all and a bigWelcome to all our newbies. I am in a hungry mood today but I have held my own. Yesterday was not so good I ended up having a piece of cheesecake last night... Here is a cute little joke I found, I thought it was a good one as alot of us are having some scale issues lately.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k4...toons/Diet.jpg

beachgal 01-24-2008 02:07 PM

Wow, Kim, you really are BUSY!!! :dizzy: Good for you on taking care of your health in spite of all the stuff that's going on. :hug: You know we'd totally miss you in the reading thread if you don't do some reading for pleasure! ;) My DH helped out around the house too when I was in school but, like you, I did the grocery shopping. I use those reusable bags, too! :high:

Cat, I feel like an eejit for not understanding about your "company!" :o When I went back and reread your post, it made perfect sense! ;) It's kind of like the "toenails" issue earlier in this thread... :lol:

beachgal 01-24-2008 02:09 PM

Gonnabe, you poor dear! :hug: You want we should give that pathologist a spoonful of his own medicine? :club: :kickbutt: That's just awful!!! :mad: Did they give you anything for the pain afterwards?

beachgal 01-24-2008 02:10 PM

Great comic, LC! :lol3: If anything tempts me, it'll be cheesecake. :drool: You can make really great ones that are SBD-safe, though. Let me know if you want help converting a recipe. :chef: