3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Thursday's Chickie Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/132339-thursdays-chickie-chat.html)

Earthchild 01-24-2008 08:32 AM

Hiyas! Just wanted to say hello: I am new to the Beach as of almost 2 weeks ago, never really introduced myself, and am very excited to have found this site-what a wealth of knowledge! I am still phase 1 (through Saturday 1/26) and have lost 5 lbs.I have about 45 more pounds to lose; so far, very pleased with the result.( since I have high blood pressure and take a diuretic each day I didn't get that usual huge immediate loss the first week from water-retention) I work for a large financial corporation and am normally not off on Thursdays- took a mini vacation and am off for the next 4 days!!! I hope to finish reading the book and try a couple of recipes I haven't tried yet,shop for whole grain/whole wheat pasta at the local health food store, get some walks in and RELAX! I look forward to meeting you all and to getting my Ticker back-heh! Thanks to everyone for being here!

tomandkara 01-24-2008 08:33 AM

Dawn, I'm glad your chat went well last night. I'm sure things will work out the way they are supposed to. Have fun with the bossman away!!!

Here's a pic of Tom and I with our friends who we hadn't seen in four years. (We're on the right.) Connor took it - not bad for a six year old, huh?! Maybe he should join your class, Cat! (I must admit I did crop it a bit.)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...artstarsha.jpg

Kara

tomandkara 01-24-2008 08:35 AM

Oh, Missin, you have GOT to check out the recipes section! The Taco Bake is stickied in the Phase 1 entrees. SO YUMMY!

Earthchild, :welcome2: Post often!!!

Kara

Pacergal29 01-24-2008 08:57 AM

I am so ready for spring! Wind chills below zero here this morning and I am freezing! Everyone is up and chatty this morning I see!

Cottage Funny thing, I was ready your post and per the norm I was reading to fast and couldn't figure out how maggie having her TOENAILS removed was going to solve anything! Regardless I hope things go well!

:welcome3: To the new chicks I look forward to getting to know all of you better in the coming days, weeks, months, etc.....

Schmoodle Hope DS is feeling better sure hope you don't come down with it too!

Kara Sorry to hear about the panic attack, a couple of weeks ago my neice made a run to ER and they called me to come up (which I always do because they don't have a lick of sense in the whole bunch of them) they had to start an IV on her and as you know that isn't an easy task on a one year old. It's never easy even if you know it is for the best. WTG overcoming it though!

Well shoot I have to end this, work just seems to get in the way now a days, how rude! ;)

Have a great day chicks and I will check back later hopefully!

tkglenn 01-24-2008 09:15 AM

good morning everyone. Gotta run to the store really quick. haven't been able to read everyones posts yet but will when i return. Just wanted to say goodmorning before anyone logs off. will be back.

tomandkara 01-24-2008 09:36 AM

Stephanie, I agree. Spring? Where are you? It was soooo cold here today that I literally dressed the children in an outfit under their outfits so they would be warm enough to walk the mile and a half to the gym for Connor's martial arts. Poor babies! The whole time we talked about how much we'll enjoy driving the Tahoe when we get back to New Jersey!!!

Tawnya, hope your shopping trip was quick and easy! Our commissary just got these little carts that fit my three year old perfectly. I have GOT to remember my camera one day because she is just too cute walking through the store with her own little cart. Of course, big brother has to have a cart, too, so we end up going through the store with Connor leading us with a regular cart, Kadyn following him with her wee cart, and then me at the tail end pushing Avery in the stroller. We're quite a sight. Anyway, my point was that we do NOT get through very quickly (although I have yet to pay for anything I hadn't intended on buying due to little sticky fingers!) and I hope your trip is speedier than ours are.

I got caught up in CSI: NY. Darn those CSIs. I love 'em all!

Kara

Pacergal29 01-24-2008 10:09 AM

Kara I am in Indiana and you would think after spending my first 30 years growing up in Michigan I would be used to winter. Problem is after nearly 10 years here I am spoiled by "mild winters". If I have to suffer the cold I should have the foot of snow to go with it!

tkglenn 01-24-2008 10:11 AM

i'm back from the store. it was quick, just needed diapers. that is too cute to allow the little kids to have their "own" shopping carts that are just their size. way cute. Kara-i used to get panic attacks but eventually they stopped coming around. my dh gets them quite often due to his ptsd. nothing triggers it, it just comes when it pleases.

nothing much going on here. too depressed really to do anything. dh had done something that really hurt me emotionally. i don't know how to fix the problem seeming that he's not holding up his end of the deal. After everything i do for him and everything that i have to put up with because of him----and he can't hold up his end, that hurts. sorry chicks for running my mouth about it. it's just eating at me.

hope everyone has a better day than me.

welcome to all the new comers.

tomandkara 01-24-2008 10:26 AM

Does he know he's not holding up his end of the deal? I find men to be quite dense when it comes to instinctively knowing what needs to be done, whether that involves laundry on the floor, children to take care of, or spouses' emotional needs to be met. Maybe he literally needs a step-by-step list of what you expect from him. What you need from him. Even if those needs include seeking further help with the PTSD so he can be more available to the family.

But I'm no professional. Unless you need a curriculum planned for your elementary schooler. Then, I'm your go-to gal.

:hug: Tawnya!

Kara

tkglenn 01-24-2008 10:30 AM

yeah, he knows. I've told him from the beginning when I found out and he said that he would completely stop but he's not holding his end of the deal. He doesn't know that I know---but I caught him "redhanded". He doesn't know yet that I know. So frustrating and painful. I guess I'll get over this one. Could be worse I guess.

thanks for the encouragement kara. Hugs back at ya.

tkglenn 01-24-2008 10:31 AM

Cute picture by the way Kara. You and your DH are soo cute together. Yes, the 6 year old did very good taking the pic.

tomandkara 01-24-2008 10:35 AM

Oh, sweetie. You all will be in my prayers! It totally stinks when you don't run the world. There are so many things I wish I could control that I simply can't and it hurts so badly when you feel betrayed like that.

We're always here for you! And look at you, doing this incredible thing for yourself - changing your eating to be healthier. You focus on that, on things you do have a hand in changing, and be proud of what you are doing for yourself and your family.

Kara

tkglenn 01-24-2008 10:41 AM

thanks so much kara.

beachgal 01-24-2008 10:43 AM

Ruth, I'm thinking of you this morning--hoping you aren't making the doc and nurses laugh so hard that they can't get their work done! :lol3: I know this will go very well and you'll be up and at 'em before you know it. In the meantime, sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way, dear heart! :hug: :goodvibes: :angel:

Cottage, I envy your leftover Taco Bake! :drool: I know it's hard to have your tonsils out, but it's MUCH easier when you're little, so it's great that they're having Maggie checked out now. I didn't have mine out until I was nearly 30 and it just about did me in! :faint: Enjoy your morning off!

Hi, Jaelini! :wave: Don't think we've "met!" Love your avatar! What kind of work do you do?

:welcome3: Butler'sMaid! (interesting name!) Glad you've jumped in--anyone is welcome to post in the daily! (hint, hint, you lurkers... ;) ) Good luck with the review and enjoy the lunch!

Schmoodle, hope DS feels better today! :getwell:

Cat, will you be moving with your company? Sorry about the restaurant and the eggs. That kind of stuff really makes me irritated. I have the hardest time trying to educate my family and DH about restaurants like the one you went to. They just don't get that there is NOTHING I can eat there! Oh well, like you said, roll with the punches. :hug:

Kara, I'm so sorry about your panic attack! :hug: I know how scary and bad those can be...but I LOVE how you dealt with it!!! :bravo: to you for handling it in such a positive way!

Dawn, take care of that ankle! It's very easy to get a sprain that can take a long time to heal...so if it's still hurting tomorrow, you might want to check with a doc, just to be sure. :hug:

Glad to see so many new faces! :welcome: to Missinmysoldier and Earthchild! :wave: Yup, there are lots of us facing all the ups and downs...but when we do it together, it somehow seems easier! Feel free to post in the daily every day--it's a great way to stay on track (and for us to get to know you better! )

TKGlenn, pleeeeease don't apologize for venting here! Better that you TELL us what's eating at you than you EAT to deal with it, right? :hug: I understand what you're saying...it feels very unbalanced and hurtful when you aren't both acting like parts of a team. :( Do you think it's a big enough problem to consider couples' counseling? DH and I have been doing that for two years. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it helps, but then there are sessions where we make AMAZING progress or breakthroughs and that makes it soooo worth it. :D You'll be in my thoughts today. Maybe you can journal out your feelings or write a letter to DH to tell him how you're feeling (you don't have to actually give it to him, but it helps to get it out). One thing my therapist had me do once was to write a letter to the person who hurt me, then write a letter back to myself FROM them saying what I needed to hear. It's the wierdest thing, but it really did help me feel better! Plus, it helped me know what I really needed from them. Hope you can do something nice for yourself today. :goodvibes:

Me:
Our poor bunny...he's still sick and now we need to get him up to the vet hospital at a university an hour away. I've been on the phone with them most of the day trying to negotiate an appointment, etc. Turns out he has a parasite and we'll need to do treatment locally. Then, if he's still not better, we'll take him up to the hospital for an ultrasound. I'm so worried about him! :stress: At the same time, our new pup, Angel, is at our vet for her spay. We just realized that she has sleep incontinence, so they are checking her for that this morning...if she has an infection or something, they'll postpone the spay while they treat the problem. I'm worried about her too. :cry:

But! I'm trying hard not to eat through my fears. I didn't do that well last night, but I didn't eat nearly as much as I wanted to, so I'm going to focus on the positive. :o Off to the gym after work and then, God willing, off to a ladies' night. We're meeting at a local store where you paint your own pottery. There should be about 11 or 12 of us, and we're bringing wine and snacks! I'm bringing WW crackers and lentil dip.

Hope everyone has a good day! :sunny:

Kim_Star060404 01-24-2008 10:46 AM

:hug: to Dawn, Ruth and Laurie!

I will be back at lunch to catch up on you girls. Obviously, I'm missing a lot! Hope you're having good mornings!