3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Thursday's Chickie Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/132339-thursdays-chickie-chat.html)

cottagebythesea 01-24-2008 06:27 AM

Thursday's Chickie Chat

Good morning all you lovely chicks, and good evening to Kara! :)

My thoughts and prayers are with our dear Ruthie today as she undergoes her Bionic Knee Surgery. May she have the best surgeons and the utmost compassionate care throughout her ordeal. :hug:

Thursday's are usually my turn to take the girls to school, but Cindy is taking Maggie to a doctor's appt and xrays, and daddy is dropping off Audrey on his way to his office. We've been concerned that Maggie snores loudly when she sleeps and wakes up several times during the night. She'll most likely need her tonsils removed. :( We're supposed to meet friends for lunch and a playdate afterwards. Supper tonight will be leftover taco bake!

What's happening in your neck of the woods today? :cofdate:

CyndiM 01-24-2008 06:35 AM

Morning all! I have a big pot of coffee here, so help yourself.

Ruth - Thinking about you out there!

Cottage - We battled the tonsil monster when Tiff was little. Good luck.

Kara - Hope you had a good day :) How many days left before you move?

I'm up early with a meeting to go to (2 hours away, of course). Worked 14 hours yesterday so I'm a bit tired. It's always so much work to take time off! We had a homeless Mom with an infant in yesterday looking for some help and it just about broke my heart. Keep thinking about them and hoping good things happen quickly.

Gotta run this morning. Have a good day everyone!

Cyndi

Jaelini 01-24-2008 06:42 AM

Good morning to you, CBTS! Hope you have a great day!

Not much going on here...dropping DD2 at middle school, DD1 at the college and going to work (but I love my job, so its all great!) The majority of the office is away at Kickoff in Philadelphia, so its strangely quiet there. A good time to get things done, or just sit around and b.s. with the rest....whatever :)

As for your Maggie, we had a similar experience with DD2. She did have her tonsils removed, but they decided to leave the adenoids. Big mistake...she's going to have to go back and get them removed eventually. If I knew more then, I would have insisted. The tonsillectomy helped, don't get me wrong--just didn't completely fix the problem. Maybe they will put her on a cpap machine--sleep apnea is not unheard of in kids...

Anyhow~have a wonderful day!

cottagebythesea 01-24-2008 07:00 AM

Cyndi, be careful on your long drive today! That's so sad about the homeless mother. I hope she gets the help she needs and that her future looks brighter.

Jaelini, enjoy your quiet day at the office today!

We're pretty confident with Maggie's diagnosis. We've been through the same thing with her older sister, Audrey. It seems to run in their family. Poor Audrey was only 20 mos. old when she had her tonsillectomy, but I think it was harder on us than it was on her!

TheButlersMaid 01-24-2008 07:14 AM

New here...

This morning chat looked like fun so I thought I'd join in.

I worked out this morning and now am waiting to head into the shower. Hubby in there now... I did the aptly named "Ball Exercises for Dummies". It's quite a workout, I have to say!

I'm going out to lunch with a girlfriend and am excited about that. Even though we live nearby, we rarely get to see each other.

Also, I work at a domestic violence shelter and we have a site review from the State Atty. General's office, so that's pretty big too. It means I have to clean my office right when I get there :)

Have a good day all!

TheButlersMaid 01-24-2008 07:16 AM

Look at that!

It looks like I weigh 212208 lbs.

Some days it feels that way, but that's a whole other issue...

I about died when I read that... I have to get those numbers further from each other!

Schmoodle 01-24-2008 07:19 AM

Good morning chicks.
Hope DS is better today when he wakes up. At least he slept through the night, but he had a pretty rough day yesterday. He hasn't had anything to eat since Tuesday night.
We still have to finish boarding up his science project, but I didn't have the heart to get him to do it yesterday. I'll just drop it off this afternoon. At least DD's is finished and ready to go. Hope to get the bathrooms and kitchen cleaned up today, if I can find the energy. I really want to have a no-cleaning weekend. I have to go to the Girl Scout's meeting tonight to collect the cookie orders and start tallying those.

cottage
, DD1 went through that too. She had such bad sleep apnea and would keep us all awake at night snoring and breathing so badly. It was so nice once they removed her tonsils and adenoids, and the dark circles under her eyes went away. I guess that's pretty common.
Cyndi, drive safely and thanks for the coffee. Will you be able to find out about the mom and baby?
jaelini, have a great and quiet day at work.
See ya later chicks.

Schmoodle 01-24-2008 07:21 AM

Hi Butlersmaid, and welcome! Have a great day at work. The scale is just messing with you.

cottagebythesea 01-24-2008 07:25 AM

:welcome3: to the Beach, TheButlersMaid! That's funny about your numbers on your ticker running so close together! You'll have them moving far apart from each other in no time, though, so don't worry!

cottagebythesea 01-24-2008 07:26 AM

Good Morning, Schmoodle! I'm glad your DS is feeling better today. How are you feeling?

Schmoodle 01-24-2008 07:33 AM

Oh! It's the ticker, not the scale, duh. I'm not awake yet. That is funny. I remember when I couldn't wait for my blue flower to start moving so the numbers were apart.
Thanks for asking cottage. I've got that "getting sick" feeling, blah, no energy, but so far I haven't actually gotten sick. Fingers crossed for me and DD.

femmecreole 01-24-2008 07:37 AM

Just popping in quickly!
My company is still here, they will leave next week. It's been busy, busy busy..
Went to Mississippi last weekend and drove through snow..it was beautiful. Had a great weekend of family reunion stuff. Stayed pretty much OP except for a little bread pudding Sunday night. Ran into a problem on Monday when we ate at a catfish house...literally NOTHING on the menu I could eat. It's a "family style" place where they bring out trays of fried catfish, hush puppies, coleslaw etc. No salads or anything grilled offered. I ate a little of the coleslaw and then realized it probably had sugar in it. I also brought all of my breakfast for the 3 days..had hardboiled eggs and made a container of cracked wheat. Unfortunately, on the second day, the fridge at the hotel froze my eggs. Life in "the real world" can be difficult sometimes, but you just have to roll with the punches.

Hugs to all of you till I can pop in again and wishing our dear sweet Ruthie a very quick recovery and decent hospital food!

tomandkara 01-24-2008 07:53 AM

Morning all! 13 days left until the loooong plane ride. The kids are SO excited! It's all they've been talking about.

Connor's appointment went swell this morning, except for me. I have a severe (diagnosed) phobia of needles and the doctor started going on and on about vaccinations and the TB test and I freaked. I've never had a panic attack in front of any of the kids and I don't really know how Connor took it. He asked me afterward why I was shaking and breathing weird and I told him my brain has a problem about when people talk about certain things and it makes me shake. I don't want him to "inherit" my fears so I tried to keep it as vague as possible. It took me about ten minutes, but I got calmed down. But the good news is that Connor is fine (which we knew). She downgraded him from a severe asthma classification to a mild/intermittent one, which he really is. They had in his chart that he was on daily medication and he's not so that's where the confusion came from. It's done. I think I need to hand over the doctor's visits to Dad from now on. Ugh. Went and ran three miles afterward so I think I got my blood pressure and pulse rate back to normal. I usually just crash after a panic attack and sleep for hours, but the running seemed to help me get back in the groove quicker, physically. I'm so weird.

Cat, I'm glad you're having fun with your company! Sorry about the egg incident. I've had hotel fridges freeze loads of things. What a mess! Back on the wagon when you get your house back to normal.

Schmoodle, I'm sending some virtual chicken soup your way. I hope you don't mind that it's vegetarian. I made it Beach-friendly, though! :stir:

Maid, you're hilarious! When you lose another pound or two, you can say you lost hundreds of thousands of pounds! You'll be the 3FC star!!! It took me about thirty miles before my littler runner girl moved off the zero, so I feel your pain. Nothing like a little motivation, even if it comes from your ticker! I have a stability ball but just one DVD for it. Did you really like this one that you did? Who produces it? :welcome2:

Jaelini, hope your quiet work day is fun and productive! Welcome to the chat!!!

Cyndi, drive carefully to your meeting and back. I do hope something good happens for that woman who was in your office yesterday!

Linda, enjoy your extended morning at home! It must be as hard on you when the girls go through things as it is on their mom! What sweet girls they are!

I'm off to watch a bit o' TV and then hit the sack. It's been a long one.

Kara

THINBYJUNE 01-24-2008 08:05 AM

Good Morning Everybody

Cottage I'm so sorry to hear about Maggie. I hope she is O.K. I guess the one benefit in having your tonsilectomy later in life is the ice cream. :T

Cyndi When do you leave on your trip?

Jaelini Hope you have a nice quiet day today.

:welcome2: Butlersmaid Enjoy your lunch today.

Schmoodle Hope DS is feeling better and you get everything you want accomplished.

Femme Have a great time with your friends. Sounds like lots of fun.

Kara I'm so sorry about your panic attack. I have a phobia about rodents and there was a field mouse outside the airport one day. Let's just say I did not do nearly as well as you :hug: Although there was running involved in my story too. But not quite the same thing :lol:

Me Well, I actually spoke to DF last night on the phone. Too soon to tell how that's going to turn out. :shrug: My boss wll be out of the office for most of the day :woohoo: I just need to get some things done and he is a very distracting type person. :lol: I also somehow hurt my ankle. It's not actually bad enough to see the dr. but really annoying. Have a great day everyone.

missinmysoldier78 01-24-2008 08:31 AM

Morning Ladies,
Just want to say reading your posts makes it easier to keep on track. To know their are Real people having the same ups and downs that I am helps.My goal is 135 by december 1st..one year and just before hubby comes home =) You ladies help! Oh...whats the taco bake?? Im always looking for new recipes?!

Earthchild 01-24-2008 08:32 AM

Hiyas! Just wanted to say hello: I am new to the Beach as of almost 2 weeks ago, never really introduced myself, and am very excited to have found this site-what a wealth of knowledge! I am still phase 1 (through Saturday 1/26) and have lost 5 lbs.I have about 45 more pounds to lose; so far, very pleased with the result.( since I have high blood pressure and take a diuretic each day I didn't get that usual huge immediate loss the first week from water-retention) I work for a large financial corporation and am normally not off on Thursdays- took a mini vacation and am off for the next 4 days!!! I hope to finish reading the book and try a couple of recipes I haven't tried yet,shop for whole grain/whole wheat pasta at the local health food store, get some walks in and RELAX! I look forward to meeting you all and to getting my Ticker back-heh! Thanks to everyone for being here!

tomandkara 01-24-2008 08:33 AM

Dawn, I'm glad your chat went well last night. I'm sure things will work out the way they are supposed to. Have fun with the bossman away!!!

Here's a pic of Tom and I with our friends who we hadn't seen in four years. (We're on the right.) Connor took it - not bad for a six year old, huh?! Maybe he should join your class, Cat! (I must admit I did crop it a bit.)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...artstarsha.jpg

Kara

tomandkara 01-24-2008 08:35 AM

Oh, Missin, you have GOT to check out the recipes section! The Taco Bake is stickied in the Phase 1 entrees. SO YUMMY!

Earthchild, :welcome2: Post often!!!

Kara

Pacergal29 01-24-2008 08:57 AM

I am so ready for spring! Wind chills below zero here this morning and I am freezing! Everyone is up and chatty this morning I see!

Cottage Funny thing, I was ready your post and per the norm I was reading to fast and couldn't figure out how maggie having her TOENAILS removed was going to solve anything! Regardless I hope things go well!

:welcome3: To the new chicks I look forward to getting to know all of you better in the coming days, weeks, months, etc.....

Schmoodle Hope DS is feeling better sure hope you don't come down with it too!

Kara Sorry to hear about the panic attack, a couple of weeks ago my neice made a run to ER and they called me to come up (which I always do because they don't have a lick of sense in the whole bunch of them) they had to start an IV on her and as you know that isn't an easy task on a one year old. It's never easy even if you know it is for the best. WTG overcoming it though!

Well shoot I have to end this, work just seems to get in the way now a days, how rude! ;)

Have a great day chicks and I will check back later hopefully!

tkglenn 01-24-2008 09:15 AM

good morning everyone. Gotta run to the store really quick. haven't been able to read everyones posts yet but will when i return. Just wanted to say goodmorning before anyone logs off. will be back.

tomandkara 01-24-2008 09:36 AM

Stephanie, I agree. Spring? Where are you? It was soooo cold here today that I literally dressed the children in an outfit under their outfits so they would be warm enough to walk the mile and a half to the gym for Connor's martial arts. Poor babies! The whole time we talked about how much we'll enjoy driving the Tahoe when we get back to New Jersey!!!

Tawnya, hope your shopping trip was quick and easy! Our commissary just got these little carts that fit my three year old perfectly. I have GOT to remember my camera one day because she is just too cute walking through the store with her own little cart. Of course, big brother has to have a cart, too, so we end up going through the store with Connor leading us with a regular cart, Kadyn following him with her wee cart, and then me at the tail end pushing Avery in the stroller. We're quite a sight. Anyway, my point was that we do NOT get through very quickly (although I have yet to pay for anything I hadn't intended on buying due to little sticky fingers!) and I hope your trip is speedier than ours are.

I got caught up in CSI: NY. Darn those CSIs. I love 'em all!

Kara

Pacergal29 01-24-2008 10:09 AM

Kara I am in Indiana and you would think after spending my first 30 years growing up in Michigan I would be used to winter. Problem is after nearly 10 years here I am spoiled by "mild winters". If I have to suffer the cold I should have the foot of snow to go with it!

tkglenn 01-24-2008 10:11 AM

i'm back from the store. it was quick, just needed diapers. that is too cute to allow the little kids to have their "own" shopping carts that are just their size. way cute. Kara-i used to get panic attacks but eventually they stopped coming around. my dh gets them quite often due to his ptsd. nothing triggers it, it just comes when it pleases.

nothing much going on here. too depressed really to do anything. dh had done something that really hurt me emotionally. i don't know how to fix the problem seeming that he's not holding up his end of the deal. After everything i do for him and everything that i have to put up with because of him----and he can't hold up his end, that hurts. sorry chicks for running my mouth about it. it's just eating at me.

hope everyone has a better day than me.

welcome to all the new comers.

tomandkara 01-24-2008 10:26 AM

Does he know he's not holding up his end of the deal? I find men to be quite dense when it comes to instinctively knowing what needs to be done, whether that involves laundry on the floor, children to take care of, or spouses' emotional needs to be met. Maybe he literally needs a step-by-step list of what you expect from him. What you need from him. Even if those needs include seeking further help with the PTSD so he can be more available to the family.

But I'm no professional. Unless you need a curriculum planned for your elementary schooler. Then, I'm your go-to gal.

:hug: Tawnya!

Kara

tkglenn 01-24-2008 10:30 AM

yeah, he knows. I've told him from the beginning when I found out and he said that he would completely stop but he's not holding his end of the deal. He doesn't know that I know---but I caught him "redhanded". He doesn't know yet that I know. So frustrating and painful. I guess I'll get over this one. Could be worse I guess.

thanks for the encouragement kara. Hugs back at ya.

tkglenn 01-24-2008 10:31 AM

Cute picture by the way Kara. You and your DH are soo cute together. Yes, the 6 year old did very good taking the pic.

tomandkara 01-24-2008 10:35 AM

Oh, sweetie. You all will be in my prayers! It totally stinks when you don't run the world. There are so many things I wish I could control that I simply can't and it hurts so badly when you feel betrayed like that.

We're always here for you! And look at you, doing this incredible thing for yourself - changing your eating to be healthier. You focus on that, on things you do have a hand in changing, and be proud of what you are doing for yourself and your family.

Kara

tkglenn 01-24-2008 10:41 AM

thanks so much kara.

beachgal 01-24-2008 10:43 AM

Ruth, I'm thinking of you this morning--hoping you aren't making the doc and nurses laugh so hard that they can't get their work done! :lol3: I know this will go very well and you'll be up and at 'em before you know it. In the meantime, sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way, dear heart! :hug: :goodvibes: :angel:

Cottage, I envy your leftover Taco Bake! :drool: I know it's hard to have your tonsils out, but it's MUCH easier when you're little, so it's great that they're having Maggie checked out now. I didn't have mine out until I was nearly 30 and it just about did me in! :faint: Enjoy your morning off!

Hi, Jaelini! :wave: Don't think we've "met!" Love your avatar! What kind of work do you do?

:welcome3: Butler'sMaid! (interesting name!) Glad you've jumped in--anyone is welcome to post in the daily! (hint, hint, you lurkers... ;) ) Good luck with the review and enjoy the lunch!

Schmoodle, hope DS feels better today! :getwell:

Cat, will you be moving with your company? Sorry about the restaurant and the eggs. That kind of stuff really makes me irritated. I have the hardest time trying to educate my family and DH about restaurants like the one you went to. They just don't get that there is NOTHING I can eat there! Oh well, like you said, roll with the punches. :hug:

Kara, I'm so sorry about your panic attack! :hug: I know how scary and bad those can be...but I LOVE how you dealt with it!!! :bravo: to you for handling it in such a positive way!

Dawn, take care of that ankle! It's very easy to get a sprain that can take a long time to heal...so if it's still hurting tomorrow, you might want to check with a doc, just to be sure. :hug:

Glad to see so many new faces! :welcome: to Missinmysoldier and Earthchild! :wave: Yup, there are lots of us facing all the ups and downs...but when we do it together, it somehow seems easier! Feel free to post in the daily every day--it's a great way to stay on track (and for us to get to know you better! )

TKGlenn, pleeeeease don't apologize for venting here! Better that you TELL us what's eating at you than you EAT to deal with it, right? :hug: I understand what you're saying...it feels very unbalanced and hurtful when you aren't both acting like parts of a team. :( Do you think it's a big enough problem to consider couples' counseling? DH and I have been doing that for two years. Sometimes it doesn't seem like it helps, but then there are sessions where we make AMAZING progress or breakthroughs and that makes it soooo worth it. :D You'll be in my thoughts today. Maybe you can journal out your feelings or write a letter to DH to tell him how you're feeling (you don't have to actually give it to him, but it helps to get it out). One thing my therapist had me do once was to write a letter to the person who hurt me, then write a letter back to myself FROM them saying what I needed to hear. It's the wierdest thing, but it really did help me feel better! Plus, it helped me know what I really needed from them. Hope you can do something nice for yourself today. :goodvibes:

Me:
Our poor bunny...he's still sick and now we need to get him up to the vet hospital at a university an hour away. I've been on the phone with them most of the day trying to negotiate an appointment, etc. Turns out he has a parasite and we'll need to do treatment locally. Then, if he's still not better, we'll take him up to the hospital for an ultrasound. I'm so worried about him! :stress: At the same time, our new pup, Angel, is at our vet for her spay. We just realized that she has sleep incontinence, so they are checking her for that this morning...if she has an infection or something, they'll postpone the spay while they treat the problem. I'm worried about her too. :cry:

But! I'm trying hard not to eat through my fears. I didn't do that well last night, but I didn't eat nearly as much as I wanted to, so I'm going to focus on the positive. :o Off to the gym after work and then, God willing, off to a ladies' night. We're meeting at a local store where you paint your own pottery. There should be about 11 or 12 of us, and we're bringing wine and snacks! I'm bringing WW crackers and lentil dip.

Hope everyone has a good day! :sunny:

Kim_Star060404 01-24-2008 10:46 AM

:hug: to Dawn, Ruth and Laurie!

I will be back at lunch to catch up on you girls. Obviously, I'm missing a lot! Hope you're having good mornings!

tomandkara 01-24-2008 10:57 AM

Laurie, I hope your girls' night out is fun! Pottery sounds terrific. If your fingers are too messy, you can't eat finger food...

Kim, I catch a breeze every time you race by! You're one busy lady nowadays!!! Hope that college is still going well. Have you figured out which sorority you're going to pledge??? :D I never was much of a sorority girl myself. Too much studying to do.

I just discovered the most delicious thing! I brewed myself a mug of decaffinated green tea this evening and splashed in a bit of DaVinci sugar-free vanilla syrup and then floated about five whole cloves in there for a couple minutes before scooping them out and drinking the most delicious thing ever! Tomorrow night I'm going to try a cinnamon stick.

Off to bed. I stayed up way too late tonight.

Kara

Shesaninja 01-24-2008 11:07 AM

Just popping my head in to say hello!

I wanted to thank you all for the motivation and the final push I needed to start SBD. I've read up on it for a week or so but reading about your successes made me want to give it a shot.
It's day 1 of Ph1 for this kid and I'm a little nervous but I know I can do it this time:jig:!

SAnativegirl 01-24-2008 11:11 AM

Hi All-Yesterday was great, today only soso, but I'll make it better.

Girls at work brought donuts, german choc cake, choc chips cookies yesterday, I barely took a pinkie fingernail size of the frosting. yeah. but today they brought banana bread with frosting. I had to have a little pc. then I realize it didnt taste as good as I thought, so I bit off the frosting and threw away the cake part.

Managed to get in 35 minutes at mall walking fast. Had great dinner of stuffed mushrooms, no bread crumbs, and a small salad. I was hungry going to bed but ignored it. Had a handful of shredded wheat and bran with a sprinkle of go lean crunch- isnt that stuff too sugary for us??

Got my shipment of Southhaven mixes, I didnt know they were nearby in Lockhart, TX. cant wait to make something.

DH tried the dearfield pasta, he liked it. but next time, we'll get whole wheat.
Looking forward to walk tonight and grilled chic and veggies. seems like all I think about is food.

TK. I am no expert either, but at my age, I can tell you, You CANNOT change a man, or anyone for that matter. You are the ONLY one in charge of your own happiness. After years of therapy, life, one divorce, both parents dying, etc etc, that is probably the most impt thing I learned. Talk Talk Talk to him, and work it out if possible. Sorry for venting.

Barb0522 01-24-2008 11:41 AM

There is no way I have time to reply to everyone.
cottage - Brian had sleep apnea and was getting ear infections because his adenoids were so big they were blocking the drainage from the ears. In his case they didn't need to take his tonsils out. It is so much easier when they are kids though. I was late 20's when my tonsils came out and it wasn't fun.

kara - I'll have to try my decaff green tea that way. I do love making the green tea truffles but they are so good that I eat too many so I haven't made them again. I do love hot tea but I seem to prefer green tea cold.

Me - I've got a work lunchean today. My manager (who I have never met) is down from Michigan along with his manager (who I have met a couple of times). The restaurant they chose is known for its huge selection of margaritas but we aren't allowed to drink during lunch so that shouldn't be a temptation. I'll choose the best I can but there doesn't appear much that is healthy on the menu.

tkglenn 01-24-2008 11:47 AM

SA-you're so right. I know I'm the only one whose in charge of my own happiness. It just hurts to know that in this situation, he's not holding up his end of the deal and I feel like ,"I get this after everything I put up with. Is this the thanks I get?!" He's not cheating on me but it feels like it. Thanks for the support and words of encouragement.

femmecreole 01-24-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachgal;2017359
[B
Cat[/B], will you be moving with your company? :

Beach, they are not a "company" as in a business...they are company as in "relatives who are visiting me!"..so no, won't be moving. My mother is here for the winter...now her sister (87) and HER daughter (from Seattle)and now my sister (who lives in NC) are all here for 2 weeks.

I took them all to Mississippi for the weekend to their hometown for a family reunion of sorts and that's where my eggs got frozen.

Kim_Star060404 01-24-2008 11:53 AM

Finally, time for personals. Ahhh. It's like a weight off of my shoulders to be able to come talk to all of you. Boss-man just left because he's been sick lately and not up to snuff. One of the office furnaces is broken, so it's starting to get chilly. Considering the circumstances, I told my girls to take it easy at least until lunch.

Cottage: I will be thinking about poor little Maggie. I hope they get everything taken care of so that she can sleep peacefully from now on. Enjoy your taco bake! :hungry:

Cyndi: Seeing people in those circumstances just breaks my heart. I hope things turn around for them soon. Be careful driving while you're tired! I'm sending some caffeine your way!! :coffee:

:welcome: to the beach, ButlersMaid, Jaelini, Shesaninja, earthchild and missinmysoldier! Lots of newbies to the chat - how wonderful!! Let us know how we can :cheer2: cheer you on and we'll do our best!!

Schmoodle: Send DS a :getwell: for us! And I hope you and DD avoid the sickness. Good luck to them and their science projects.

Cat: I'm glad that you're enjoying your company and that you made it safely through the snow. WTG sticking to SB at the catfish restaurant--I don't know if I could have! :high:

Kara: Conner took a GREAT pic! You and DH are so cute! How is the packing up going? I imagine that even with the movers taking care of your stuff you and the kids will have a lot to take to the States for a month! :hug: about the doctor...I think your DH would be happy to take over appointments for you! School is going well. It seems like I won't have a problem getting A's in the two classes I've been to. (I have a third, but we haven't met yet due to MLKJr Day).

Dawn: :hug: :grouphug: I agree with Kara, whatever happens will be the best thing for you. Let us know how we can help!

Stephanie: :rofl: Toenails removed!?! I guess speed-reading has its drawbacks! Hope you warm up!

tkglenn: :hug: about DH and you. Sometimes men are just men. Can't live with them, can't live without them. (Didn't know how true that statement was until I got married!) Hope things get better for you.

Laurie: I'm sorry about your fubabies. I hope everything turns out well for both of them. I know when those loverlies are sick, it feels like the end of the world. Have a great time at Ladies' night. It sounds like a lot of fun!!

SANative: I run into the same problems at work. Those girls are always bringing the snacks! It drives me crazy sometimes! Here's to willpower and the occasional slip-up being forgotten with a day of clean eating!

Me: Yep, busy, busy, busy. Class 8 hours a week, work 42.5+ hours a week and lots and lots of homework. Add to that getting my workouts in, keeping house and preparing meals and you've got one crazy lady!! :dizzy: But, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it. DH has stepped up and taken over some things around the house. The only thing I couldn't bear to let him do is grocery shop because he refuses to use my grocery bags rather than the plastic store bags. I hate that!! I've also streamlined my cleaning process so it takes about half the time. (Kind of wish I had figured it out a lot sooner! :shrug:) So far, I have not missed any Spurs games or my favorite Wednesday and Saturday night tv shows. We'll see if that continues. I've taken the biggest hit with my reading-time, but I plan to devote an hour or two to that this weekend. I miss my books!! :book2:

Tonight for dinner we're going out to eat. One of the restaurants in town that we didn't like has new owners and we heard that it's better so we're going to try it again. (:yikes: That was quite a run-on sentence!!) The Spurs play tonight at 7 and I'll be casually researching a paper I'll be writing this weekend while we watch. I also plan on a 3+ mile walk after dinner. Well, this has taken a while, so I'd better get back to work! Have a great day and ((hugs)) to everyone yet to post!!

~Kim

beachgal 01-24-2008 12:09 PM

Thanks, Kim! :hug: back for your loss--I'm sorry I didn't hear about Robert. What happened? :(

:welcome: Shesaninja! I'm so glad you're feelilng confident! You've read the book, right? :) That's very smart! Check out the Phase 1 Emergency Handbook in the FAQ, check in on the Phase 1 thread here, and make sure to try the Taco Bake and PB cup, two huge favorites for Phase 1 (and 2, too!!!)

:welcome3: SANative! I don't think we've "met" yet. I'm assuming you're in Phase 2, right? It sounds like you've had a lot of sugar enter your diet. When you eat things with sugar (like the frosting on the banana bread, or the bread itself), you will probably have to do Phase 1 for at least 3 days to detox again. Obviously, this gets to be rather annoying if you have to do it often, so it's a good deterrent against cheating! ;) Now, can you make a plan to avoid the temptation of those treats? Maybe you can make a healthy "treat" (it's super-easy to make SBD-safe banana bread with WW flour and splenda...you can even make "frosting" with 1/3 less fat cream cheese, a tiny amount of Smart Balance, and splenda or agave nectar...) and put that out on the table? That way there's something you can have? Depending on the size of your office, maybe you can either ask your coworkers to put the items somewhere you don't have to go, or ask them to stop putting them out altogether? Maybe you can start a weightloss challenge at work? A friend of mine works for a large health organization and they are currently doing a weightloss challenge. The person who loses the most weight at the end wins $2,000!!! :fr: As you can probably imagine, she's VERY motivated! :lol: Anyways, if everyone's trying to diet, they probably wouldn't bring stuff like that to work, right? ;) Kill 2 birds with one stone!

2 more important things for SANative:

1. You should never feel hungry on SBD. If you're hungry, eat! If you're in Phase 2, keep to lean meats and veggies rather than carbs and fruits, since they are more likely to make you feel hungrier. One of my favorite snacks when I'm hungry is beans...either homemade (no sugar) 3 Bean Salad, or 1/2 can of refried beans (with no sugar or bad fats) heated with a sprinkle of LF cheese and a 1/4 cup of SF salsa. Yummmm....

2. Yes, Kashi GoLean is too sugary for us. For cereals, a couple of popular ones are Uncle Sam and Fiber One (not the flakes).

Good luck at lunch, Barb! I've missed you lately...glad to "see" you, hon! :hug: I didn't know you had your tonsils out at that age--that's about when I had mine. You're not kidding...it's painful! :p I got some wonderful pineapple-flavored iced green tea bags at Wegman's last summer. They come in a tall, slender tin and each bag makes 2 qts. SOOOO yummy!!! :T

Kim_Star060404 01-24-2008 12:20 PM

Thanks, Laurie. You can find the story here. He was my first love and remained one of my best friends up until his death. He will be greatly missed.

GONNABE165 01-24-2008 12:49 PM

Boy am I late this morning. You gals have been chatting it up.

Ruth my thoughts and prayers are withyou and the doctors and nurses who will be with you as well :hug:

Cottage my prayers are with maggie please keep me updated on her

Have a great day Cyndi & jaelin

WELCOME Butlers maid enjoy your lunch date

Schmoodle you guys get to feeling better real soon :hug:

Thanks for poping in Cat I was wondering how your doing.

Sweet dreams Kara as for Connor he's a professional already

Take care of that ankle Dawn & remeber dh will come around - men are stubborn

Hiya missinChecking in here does make it easier the girls here have so much support and motivation it's awesome.

Welcome earthchild and enjoy your mini vacation

your too funny stephanie :lol:

TK I hope you work everything out with dh and yes you ca always chat with us thats what we are here for

Laurie you poor thing with all those worries Be sure to keep us updated on the outcome. If you do make it to ladies night I say have a blast

Shesaninja :goodluck:

:wave: SA

Barb hope your luncheon goes well

WOW! Kim you have become quite the busy body. Heres a :hug: right back at ya.

Me - I had my apt with the surgoen and then the pathologist who then took six needles and one at a time dug them into the lump/knot on the side of my face using NO numbing agent NO anastesia just pure pain :(. So now I wait :?:24-48 hours for the results and then I have to do a cat scan next week boy I am falling apart to be 30 ;)