3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Thursday's Chickie Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/132339-thursdays-chickie-chat.html)

cottagebythesea 01-24-2008 06:27 AM

Thursday's Chickie Chat

Good morning all you lovely chicks, and good evening to Kara! :)

My thoughts and prayers are with our dear Ruthie today as she undergoes her Bionic Knee Surgery. May she have the best surgeons and the utmost compassionate care throughout her ordeal. :hug:

Thursday's are usually my turn to take the girls to school, but Cindy is taking Maggie to a doctor's appt and xrays, and daddy is dropping off Audrey on his way to his office. We've been concerned that Maggie snores loudly when she sleeps and wakes up several times during the night. She'll most likely need her tonsils removed. :( We're supposed to meet friends for lunch and a playdate afterwards. Supper tonight will be leftover taco bake!

What's happening in your neck of the woods today? :cofdate:

CyndiM 01-24-2008 06:35 AM

Morning all! I have a big pot of coffee here, so help yourself.

Ruth - Thinking about you out there!

Cottage - We battled the tonsil monster when Tiff was little. Good luck.

Kara - Hope you had a good day :) How many days left before you move?

I'm up early with a meeting to go to (2 hours away, of course). Worked 14 hours yesterday so I'm a bit tired. It's always so much work to take time off! We had a homeless Mom with an infant in yesterday looking for some help and it just about broke my heart. Keep thinking about them and hoping good things happen quickly.

Gotta run this morning. Have a good day everyone!

Cyndi

Jaelini 01-24-2008 06:42 AM

Good morning to you, CBTS! Hope you have a great day!

Not much going on here...dropping DD2 at middle school, DD1 at the college and going to work (but I love my job, so its all great!) The majority of the office is away at Kickoff in Philadelphia, so its strangely quiet there. A good time to get things done, or just sit around and b.s. with the rest....whatever :)

As for your Maggie, we had a similar experience with DD2. She did have her tonsils removed, but they decided to leave the adenoids. Big mistake...she's going to have to go back and get them removed eventually. If I knew more then, I would have insisted. The tonsillectomy helped, don't get me wrong--just didn't completely fix the problem. Maybe they will put her on a cpap machine--sleep apnea is not unheard of in kids...

Anyhow~have a wonderful day!

cottagebythesea 01-24-2008 07:00 AM

Cyndi, be careful on your long drive today! That's so sad about the homeless mother. I hope she gets the help she needs and that her future looks brighter.

Jaelini, enjoy your quiet day at the office today!

We're pretty confident with Maggie's diagnosis. We've been through the same thing with her older sister, Audrey. It seems to run in their family. Poor Audrey was only 20 mos. old when she had her tonsillectomy, but I think it was harder on us than it was on her!

TheButlersMaid 01-24-2008 07:14 AM

New here...

This morning chat looked like fun so I thought I'd join in.

I worked out this morning and now am waiting to head into the shower. Hubby in there now... I did the aptly named "Ball Exercises for Dummies". It's quite a workout, I have to say!

I'm going out to lunch with a girlfriend and am excited about that. Even though we live nearby, we rarely get to see each other.

Also, I work at a domestic violence shelter and we have a site review from the State Atty. General's office, so that's pretty big too. It means I have to clean my office right when I get there :)

Have a good day all!

TheButlersMaid 01-24-2008 07:16 AM

Look at that!

It looks like I weigh 212208 lbs.

Some days it feels that way, but that's a whole other issue...

I about died when I read that... I have to get those numbers further from each other!

Schmoodle 01-24-2008 07:19 AM

Good morning chicks.
Hope DS is better today when he wakes up. At least he slept through the night, but he had a pretty rough day yesterday. He hasn't had anything to eat since Tuesday night.
We still have to finish boarding up his science project, but I didn't have the heart to get him to do it yesterday. I'll just drop it off this afternoon. At least DD's is finished and ready to go. Hope to get the bathrooms and kitchen cleaned up today, if I can find the energy. I really want to have a no-cleaning weekend. I have to go to the Girl Scout's meeting tonight to collect the cookie orders and start tallying those.

cottage
, DD1 went through that too. She had such bad sleep apnea and would keep us all awake at night snoring and breathing so badly. It was so nice once they removed her tonsils and adenoids, and the dark circles under her eyes went away. I guess that's pretty common.
Cyndi, drive safely and thanks for the coffee. Will you be able to find out about the mom and baby?
jaelini, have a great and quiet day at work.
See ya later chicks.

Schmoodle 01-24-2008 07:21 AM

Hi Butlersmaid, and welcome! Have a great day at work. The scale is just messing with you.

cottagebythesea 01-24-2008 07:25 AM

:welcome3: to the Beach, TheButlersMaid! That's funny about your numbers on your ticker running so close together! You'll have them moving far apart from each other in no time, though, so don't worry!

cottagebythesea 01-24-2008 07:26 AM

Good Morning, Schmoodle! I'm glad your DS is feeling better today. How are you feeling?

Schmoodle 01-24-2008 07:33 AM

Oh! It's the ticker, not the scale, duh. I'm not awake yet. That is funny. I remember when I couldn't wait for my blue flower to start moving so the numbers were apart.
Thanks for asking cottage. I've got that "getting sick" feeling, blah, no energy, but so far I haven't actually gotten sick. Fingers crossed for me and DD.

femmecreole 01-24-2008 07:37 AM

Just popping in quickly!
My company is still here, they will leave next week. It's been busy, busy busy..
Went to Mississippi last weekend and drove through snow..it was beautiful. Had a great weekend of family reunion stuff. Stayed pretty much OP except for a little bread pudding Sunday night. Ran into a problem on Monday when we ate at a catfish house...literally NOTHING on the menu I could eat. It's a "family style" place where they bring out trays of fried catfish, hush puppies, coleslaw etc. No salads or anything grilled offered. I ate a little of the coleslaw and then realized it probably had sugar in it. I also brought all of my breakfast for the 3 days..had hardboiled eggs and made a container of cracked wheat. Unfortunately, on the second day, the fridge at the hotel froze my eggs. Life in "the real world" can be difficult sometimes, but you just have to roll with the punches.

Hugs to all of you till I can pop in again and wishing our dear sweet Ruthie a very quick recovery and decent hospital food!

tomandkara 01-24-2008 07:53 AM

Morning all! 13 days left until the loooong plane ride. The kids are SO excited! It's all they've been talking about.

Connor's appointment went swell this morning, except for me. I have a severe (diagnosed) phobia of needles and the doctor started going on and on about vaccinations and the TB test and I freaked. I've never had a panic attack in front of any of the kids and I don't really know how Connor took it. He asked me afterward why I was shaking and breathing weird and I told him my brain has a problem about when people talk about certain things and it makes me shake. I don't want him to "inherit" my fears so I tried to keep it as vague as possible. It took me about ten minutes, but I got calmed down. But the good news is that Connor is fine (which we knew). She downgraded him from a severe asthma classification to a mild/intermittent one, which he really is. They had in his chart that he was on daily medication and he's not so that's where the confusion came from. It's done. I think I need to hand over the doctor's visits to Dad from now on. Ugh. Went and ran three miles afterward so I think I got my blood pressure and pulse rate back to normal. I usually just crash after a panic attack and sleep for hours, but the running seemed to help me get back in the groove quicker, physically. I'm so weird.

Cat, I'm glad you're having fun with your company! Sorry about the egg incident. I've had hotel fridges freeze loads of things. What a mess! Back on the wagon when you get your house back to normal.

Schmoodle, I'm sending some virtual chicken soup your way. I hope you don't mind that it's vegetarian. I made it Beach-friendly, though! :stir:

Maid, you're hilarious! When you lose another pound or two, you can say you lost hundreds of thousands of pounds! You'll be the 3FC star!!! It took me about thirty miles before my littler runner girl moved off the zero, so I feel your pain. Nothing like a little motivation, even if it comes from your ticker! I have a stability ball but just one DVD for it. Did you really like this one that you did? Who produces it? :welcome2:

Jaelini, hope your quiet work day is fun and productive! Welcome to the chat!!!

Cyndi, drive carefully to your meeting and back. I do hope something good happens for that woman who was in your office yesterday!

Linda, enjoy your extended morning at home! It must be as hard on you when the girls go through things as it is on their mom! What sweet girls they are!

I'm off to watch a bit o' TV and then hit the sack. It's been a long one.

Kara

THINBYJUNE 01-24-2008 08:05 AM

Good Morning Everybody

Cottage I'm so sorry to hear about Maggie. I hope she is O.K. I guess the one benefit in having your tonsilectomy later in life is the ice cream. :T

Cyndi When do you leave on your trip?

Jaelini Hope you have a nice quiet day today.

:welcome2: Butlersmaid Enjoy your lunch today.

Schmoodle Hope DS is feeling better and you get everything you want accomplished.

Femme Have a great time with your friends. Sounds like lots of fun.

Kara I'm so sorry about your panic attack. I have a phobia about rodents and there was a field mouse outside the airport one day. Let's just say I did not do nearly as well as you :hug: Although there was running involved in my story too. But not quite the same thing :lol:

Me Well, I actually spoke to DF last night on the phone. Too soon to tell how that's going to turn out. :shrug: My boss wll be out of the office for most of the day :woohoo: I just need to get some things done and he is a very distracting type person. :lol: I also somehow hurt my ankle. It's not actually bad enough to see the dr. but really annoying. Have a great day everyone.

missinmysoldier78 01-24-2008 08:31 AM

Morning Ladies,
Just want to say reading your posts makes it easier to keep on track. To know their are Real people having the same ups and downs that I am helps.My goal is 135 by december 1st..one year and just before hubby comes home =) You ladies help! Oh...whats the taco bake?? Im always looking for new recipes?!