South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #76  
Pregnant w/PCOS

S/C/G: On Hold

Height: 5'4

Pohai - I am only about 2hrs from you Thanks goodness I have never had the SBD flu, wonder how I have avoided it. Will it be a while before you DH gets back? Hope you feel better soon!!

Kara - yah on the pants! I am down to losing a pound every 2+ days, the scale keeps going up and down so I am not weighing everyday anymore. It was fun while it last to see the daily change though!

DH ate a twiz before breakfast, I could have choked him. Of course, he was down another 2lbs anyway, grrr.

rocknroll - I don't think there is such a things as losing too fast as long as you are eating enough and getting your nutrition. DH and I have lost a good amount and it's all been in the past 9 days but we are both feeling great.
LoveMySgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:16 PM   #77  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

If I remember correctly, Pohai's husband is coming home before Christmas. I would have wrung Tom's neck if he had eaten candy before breakfast, too!!!

Thanks, Pohai, for the encouragement. You're so right! If I'm eating well, it really doesn't matter what the scale says, does it?

Off to start Day 11.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Lovemysgt-I never got the sbd flu before. Who knows maybe it's just my cold acting up. This cold was a doosey. How long have you been in GA? We've been here for a little over a year. DH already got his orders and we are heading to Germany in March/April. My DH changed his MOS and is in school until February. Luckily he's coming home during exodus. He'll be here in about 2 weeks. Believe me I can't wait.
Rocknroll - Most people lose a lot during P1. It's normal. Your weight loss will probably slow down. Initially you lose water weight. Some people even gain a pound or two when they move to P2. That too is suppose to be normal.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:23 PM   #79  

Hahaha! Kara we must of started posting at the same time. The girls kept distracting me so I took like ten minutes.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:45 PM   #80  
Pregnant w/PCOS

We have only been here a few months, DH is stationed in Fl (mayport) and we are renting a friends house until our next PCS. He is actually Navy but he's transferring to the Army in May. I plan on keeping my acct here for a while and this was the user name he suggested We don't even know what MOS he will get yet, he has to put in a grade waiver to try and keep E5 during transfer. It's just about impossible to make rank in the Navy but that's only part of the reason he is getting out. Anyway, we won't find out his first PDS until AIT, if he goes to one. He needs to be at 21% body fat in order to get sent to MEPS, his reason for South Beach. He is stopping by the recruiter tomorrow, crossing my fingers he is down enough to get the ok! Oooops we have been waiting for this for a year and my family are tired of listening to me haha

Spent to much time running my "mouth" so now have to get lunches ready for tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:09 AM   #81  
Woo! 1/2way there!

S/C/G: 186/156/135 (in P1...again)

Day 8!

Today flew by and i didnt have a single craving or feel hungry. I was stuck at the computer trying to get a piece done for deadline and i set my iCal alarm to remind me to eat and snack, or else i would have plowed through till dinner and gorged myself till stuffed (i used to do that quite often!). It was pretty crappy here weather-wise. no walk. the dogs are showing their disappointment by chewing on stuff they should not. where did they get clothespins??

ive tried the egg/ricotta pancakes and i'm a big fan! they taste just like crepes to me. we are getting 'fed up' with the egginess though. i think we'll have to be very careful when its time for P2 and not pig out on wheat toast, fruit juice and other OK-but-not-so-much-at-once foods.
suzka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:41 AM   #82  

yay nearly half way through!! totally stuffed myself with pistachios after dinner (amazing chicken cordon bleu with asparagus and mash ) yet again, i think it's because TOM's paying me a visit next week and around this time i crave fat so bad!! so in the past i just gorged myself on chocolate bars, peanut m&ms, chips and pbj sandwiches (shocking i know).
Am definately not going to let this happen tmorrow, so will be staying out of the kitchen. i've got to try and stay strong!

Suzka i've also become a big fan of the pancakes!! haha i know i said they were way too eggy but they have become the reason i get up in the morning, plus i can't eat them all at once (cause of their eggyness) so i eat half and save the rest for a snack later on

browneyedgirl77 i really REALLY want to try the pb cups but if i buy pb i'll just eat the whole jar in one sitting ><

I love this forum, it really helps reading how you guys are getting through each day, lol really inspirational.

boy i miss my oatmeal.
landie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:05 AM   #83  
Pregnant w/PCOS

landie - can't imagine eating a whole jar of natural PB, I can't even get myself to lick the spoon.

Suzka - my DH is sick of eggs and chicken lol He is so ready for bread right now but we don't even have any in the house so it's not an option.

Sorry for my post about DH, didn't realize it was so long
Old 12-11-2007, 08:19 AM   #84  
Visualizing the Goal

Hey gals! Day 11 done for me. I felt pretty good today. I tried the mock danish recipe in the Phase 1 Breakfasts section and it was really odd. I can't figure out how to make my microwave do other-than-100% power so that could have been the reason it didn't turn out too well, but I won't be making that again. Tomorrow I'm going to try the eggplant "french toast" and I'll let you know how it goes. Or, maybe I'll try the recipe for radish "homefries" that Ruth posted. I got some radishes today on a whim and if I don't use them soon, I might lose my curiosity about the whole thing!

I could totally eat a whole jar of natural peanut butter. OK, maybe not a whole jar, but I could probably eat a quarter of it. I love the stuff! We've been eating natural peanut butter since I was in fifth grade. Mmmmmm!

I *think* I'm losing inches. I am scared to measure, but when I get a glimpse of myself in the mirror (don't like to stand and stare - makes me feel self-conscious!), I think I see more muscle definition that I did before. Maybe it's just me being hopeful, or searching for *something* since my scale is still stubbornly stuck at 137 (I think it might actually have been at 136 today but I'm not sure).

Three days to go! Wahoo!!!

One for every clean Phase 1 day:

Kara
Old 12-11-2007, 08:59 PM   #85  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh my word! I made the radish homefries recipe this morning and it is SO good! I didn't use bacon (I'm a vegetarian) but it was just yummy. AND I DON'T LIKE RADISHES! This is a winner - a great side dish for eggs and it feels indulgent.

You HAVE to try it!

Kara
Old 12-12-2007, 08:27 AM   #86  
Visualizing the Goal

End of Day 12...not much to report from today. I realized the cravings I was complaining about the other day were for whole wheat bread and my "fake meat" stuff, which really isn't awful as far as cravings go. So I really want a piece of whole wheat bread. It's not like I'm jonesing for a cookie or some french fries or something! I'm looking forward to reintroducing the fruits and breads in Phase 2 and am anxiously awaiting Saturday's arrival!

I'm having a bit of a crisis, though, because we've planned to decorate on Friday for Christmas, which involves baking a bunch of cookies. It will be my last day on Phase 1. Talk about temptation! I don't yet know how I'm going to deal with it, but I *do* need a plan!

Hope you are all having a good day!

One for every clean Phase 1 day:

Kara
Old 12-12-2007, 09:08 AM   #87  

Hey everyone!
Today is day 9 and so far no cheating. I had a few cravings yesterday but I think it was because I was starving. It normally doesn't happen but when you are doing your Christmas shopping sometimes you forget to eat. Only 5 more days until the end of P1. I can't wait. I do miss fruits.
Kara- I know exactly what you mean about the baking in P1. I need to make
brownies and 4 different types of cookies to mail out this week so I can get them all the way home in time. I can resist the brownies but not sure if I can resist one of the types of cookies that I make. I love cookie dough! I think I like the dough more than when it is baked.

LoveMysgt-My DH had his rank dropped when he switched from reserves to active duty. He didn't have enough time in grade. So they stripped him from an E3-E2. Of course, it didn't make much sense because as soon as he finished his school for his new MOS he was an E3 again so he was probably stripped for 5-6 months. I hope that your DH doesn't go through the same thing. In regards to faster rank in the Army it all depends on your MOS. Moving form E1-E4 is basically automatic but once you hit E5 and above it all depends on your points. For some MOS it's insanely high. My DH became an E6 in less than 5 years but he got a wavier for doing something really good that they gave him an award for. I don't know what he did exactly because he's MI. Anyways he was an E4 for less than a year. My DH works with all branches especially Navy. He says that the slow rising of ranks is a substitute for the better way of life that the Navy has. You know nicer housing, commissaries, NEX but also when you are an E4 you are already a SGT, in the Army you don't become one until E5. My cousin who is a mechanic in the Army is only a E5 and he's been in the Army for nearly 10 years. I've also known people who have been in for over 15 and got out as an E5. I hope the switch over goes well for you guys. Don't worry about talking too much about your DH most of us Chickies have done so one time or another. Besides that's what we're here for.lol
Landie I could never eat an entire jar of pb I think I would get sick. Although I love PB too! I can't handle the richness. I usually add less PB then the recipe asks for. If I eat the exact recipe I get sick. The funny thing is that it has no added sugar but yet tastes so sinful.
Suzka We all get sick of eggs. I too like the mock pancakes but I make mine with LF cottage cheese. I hate ricotta. I find it to be too salty for some reason.

Good luck with staying OP everyone! P1 will be over before we know it. I hope!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:34 PM   #88  
Pregnant w/PCOS

I only have about 5min before I need to get dinner started but thought I would stop by and say hi.

I went grocery shopping today, found Davinci at our tiny commissary! I was really surprised because they had 2 and they were both the sugar free. Also, The past 12 day have been great, and needed, but we've decided to cut Ph2 short by a day. DH is getting pretty frustrated so we are going to add bread back in tomorrow. Actually, I am just going straight into phase 2 instead of adding 1 things in at a time because I know it works ok for me. I am going to avoid fresh fruit because I know that causes me problems. Hopefully, adding bread and stuff will be ok for DH, if not we will have to make a new plan for him.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #89  
Visualizing the Goal

I'm going to go straight back to what I know worked for me on Phase 2 last time. Fruit is fine for me, but some wheat products just send me over the edge. I'm going to add back as many fruits as my little heart desires but keep my wheat to one serving a day for at least a week.

I've been eating really big breakfasts and then smaller lunches and dinners. Are any of you doing that? I just seem to be super hungry in the morning and then not so much the rest of the day.

Kara
Old 12-12-2007, 08:08 PM   #90  
Woo! 1/2way there!

S/C/G: 186/156/135 (in P1...again)

Day 10!

Everyone is talking about P2 and the BF and I are talking about actually extending it until next friday, an extra 4 days! We have 'Thanxmas' (holiday with friends because we all seem to be stuck with family and miss everybody on those 2 actual holidays) on that following saturday and i think our treat will be beer and wine! then start with the fruit and wheat bread the next day. i think maybe if we hold out a little longer it will be easier to resist temptation. we're bringing food safe for us, but yummy for others as well, so that will help.

the past few days have been pretty easy. the only time i got a craving was walking by Subway and smelling that dang bread.
suzka is offline   Reply With Quote