South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-01-2007, 09:13 AM   #16  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

One for every clean Phase 1 day:
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:29 PM   #17  
Pregnant w/PCOS

S/C/G: On Hold

Height: 5'4

2 Days and already off plan! It was purely an accident though, I'd had some acorn squash in the house and cooked it without even thinking about it. I was planning tomorrows list and bam, there is was on the avoid list, ooops. The good news... it's easier to start over when you are just on day 2

DH has lost 7lbs in the past 2 days. He is weighing himself when he gets up since he has to lose either 20lbs or 4" by Wednesday. It's a pretty tight schedule but he's doing great!

Last edited by LoveMySgt; 12-01-2007 at 11:30 PM.
LoveMySgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #18  
Visualizing the Goal

Except for taking communion this morning (and I don't feel at all guilty about that!) I ate well today, so I'm not giving myself another tree, but I feel good about my choices.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:44 PM   #19  
Pregnant w/PCOS

omgosh, I just called DH to remind him to have a snack now and he was telling me we should continue SB for good! I have been trying to get him to eat healthier for years and I think he's finally come around. I do think we will have a "cheat" day planned for each week so we can still have things that are on the foods to avoid list. I am a big believer in not letting myself feel deprived of things that are off plan. I also know DH wouldn't be able to stick with it certain items were off limits forever.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:45 PM   #20  
Visualizing the Goal

That's awesome! Eating well makes you feel so good. I forget that "clean" feeling when I start eating crud but it's good to get back into the groove!

Just remember that some things are "off-limits" in South Beach because they screw with your blood sugar and can set off your cravings for simple carbs. One of our wise moderators once said that to be successful on South Beach you have to stick with it 90% of the time. Throwing in a treat here and there won't kill the plan, but letting that one treat lead to another and another and another is how I ended up back where I started four months ago. It's totally your decision, just be mindful of what you eat and how you feel afterwards, and don't cheat at all on Phase 1!

Kara
Old 12-02-2007, 11:50 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

I started on 12-2 so I would love to post here!

I have been on a sugar overload the past month and I really need to stop these cravings!
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:53 PM   #22  
Woo! 1/2way there!

S/C/G: 186/156/135 (in P1...again)

Hi. This is a 1st for me on any diet. My BF and I decided on SBD because we're vegetarian, and it seemed like the one that would be easiest to stick to while still eating healthy. Our diet consists of a disturbing amount of carbs. I cleaned out the pantry tonight and was amazed to fill two rubbermaid bins with 'no no' food. I'll be making a huge drop off at the chow barrel tomorrow! An added challenge is that HE is a very picky eater and has just recently started trying more vegetables. Because of this I've had to sort of come up with our own version of the meal plan for P1. I based it as closely as possible to the suggested plan, substituting meat replacements and the BF's 'icky' veggies from the approved list. I wish they would publish a veg. version. I spent all day working this out!

We've got a trip to Tybee island planned for May, so hopefully SBD will do the trick so I don't have to wear my muumuu at the beach
suzka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:56 PM   #23  
Woo! 1/2way there!

I just got a tracker to share. First time ive seen that number in print. GAH!
Old 12-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #24  
Visualizing the Goal

Hi Suzka! I'm a vegetarian, too. I've found South Beach rather easy to adapt to my eating preferances, especially utilizing the recipes in the recipe section of this forum. Be careful with the meat replacements because a lot of them have wheat gluten in the ingredients, which obviously wouldn't work for Phase 1. I use a lot of beans in Phase 1 to get my protein, and cottage cheese and other dairy as well.

Hope that helps, and welcome to the forum!

Kara
Old 12-03-2007, 06:21 AM   #25  

Default Dec 1st/Dec 3rd Starters

Wow,there has been alot of replies to this thread. Well I stated I was going to start Dec 1st but I did alot of baking this weekend and the cupcakes were screaming my name. I officially am starting today. Just reading all of these posts has helped with giving me the motivation to not cheat on phase I, which is always my downfall. I really would like to stay on phase I till christmas so my cravings will be gone so all the goodies won't be so overwhelming for me. I know I know, just do two weeks of phase I but my sugar cravings are almost considered a medical problem (well at least I think they should be) I just love the sweets so much but after five to seven days of clean phase I, I start to notice the cravings going away and not thinking I'm gonna go crazy if I don't have a donut. I really believe if I continue to post and actually start a journal, I'm gonna have great success. Theres something different about this SB board that really has me motivated. Ya'll are really nice and supportive. Heres to all the Dec 1st/Dec 3rd starters, may you have great success. Have a wonderful and SB day.
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #26  
Visualizing the Goal

This board is terrific, you're right!

Today was great - felt fantastic and ate really clean.

Kara
Old 12-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #27  
Pregnant w/PCOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017 View Post
I will restart on Monday, the 3rd I think should my stomach be up to it!
You have to have 25 posts to PM so I can't reply but YES pcos affect your ability to lose weight in a big way. There is a forum on here that talks about it and as soon as I can PM, I have some questions for you.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:39 AM   #28  
Woo! 1/2way there!

P1 Day 1
thanks, tomandkara, i'll make sure to look out for wheat gluten. at the end of the first day, i have to admit i was surprised how much i wanted a bowl of cereal, a bagel or some tortilla chips. also, maybe i'm thinking a lot about eating and when to eat and what im eating. and what do you know? i don't want anything i CAN have. i was craving anything not in the very full fridge of allowed food. Here's hoping it gets easier!

the boyfriend seems to be adjusting quite well. or he's doing a really good job of faking it!

One for each day!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:56 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 304/302/150

Height: 5'3"

okay I just typed a message but didn't finish it..I don't know if it went through or not lol But here goes again...

I've decided to kick start my SB diet again...I've been eating really badly in the past several months and I've been fibbing about exercising So now I really need to be honest with myself and get this weight off! I'm getting married on May 3, 2007...and I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to be at least 50 lbs. lighter by then! I also don't want to have to look for the largest size in stores...I no longer want to wear a size 30/32 shirt size...or 4x. I'd also LOVE to be out of the plus size section in general! ...Anyway.. I've done SB before so I know it'll work for me as long as I stick to it! I also need to make use of my new treadmill and really knock off these pounds! If anyone has any suggestions or advice please don't hesitate to say it!
Rebecca0x0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:51 AM   #30  
Visualizing the Goal

Hi Rebecca! Congratulations on your engagement! I'm sure May will be here so quickly, especially with all the planning I'm sure you're doing!

The best thing for me to do to stay on track was post in this forum. The ladies here are so supportive and encouraging and they kept me honest.

Good luck! Can't wait to hear more from you!

Kara