South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:26 AM   #16  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hope everyone is having a good day... I am late getting in here but the wee ones and I craved pumpkins and I decorated the pumpkin cake I baked and made the treat bags for the kids I babysit. Lunch is over and I still need to finish dishes. And it is almost time for the bus stop and playground time. Everyone have a fab day and enjoy halloween....
Old 10-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #17  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Happy Halloween Chickies!

Still playing catch-up at work, I just looked at the calendar and realized it's only 20 days til vacation. Don't suppose I'll lose an extra 20 pounds by then.

I brought my camera to work and I'm planning on someone taking my monthly "during" picture, just as soon as I can find someone not busy.

Clarri - Welcome to the beach! Someday I'm going to do a walking tour of Ireland. That's going to be my ultimate reward when I get to my ultimate goal weight.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:31 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Halloween,

Just finished my workout for the day, now have to get the house cleaned up and then get dd ready for preschool, she gets to wear her costume to school today and then the school has a parade at 1:30 p.m. for all prek through 6th graders on main street- so me and dh will be there to take pictures then run back to school to help out with Halloween party.

Tonight I will take dd treak or treating and dh will stay home to give out candy-Proud to say that I haven't touched any candy---but I did do phase 1 yesterday in the hopes that I can do today so I don't touch any candy--fingers crossed.

Hope everyone has a great Halloween.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:49 AM   #19  

cottage - Brian doesn't like to trick or treat any more but he loves to hand out candy so that it what he will do tonight after he gets home from gymnastics. I've got my Halloween earrings on at work today (spiderwebs with a spider). We did finally get the lights put out last night so that the few Trick-or-Treaters we get will notice the house. We're on a dead end street so few come.

Ruth - I looked at the picture. I hope you find a good match for you and Hershey. BTW - I noticed that the September stickies are still there. Shouldn't they be unstuck and the November exercise stuck? I'll add the Exercise Queen post in a day or so and then the October Exercise can be unstuck.

Clarri - Welcome! My family originally came from England and Ireland but that's a long time ago. I'd love to visit sometime but probably never will.

pacer - I agree that one night of Trick-or-Treating is enough. I know some of the churches around here did Trunk or Treat on Sunday but we only do tonight. And we're giving out leftover Tootsie rolls from the cub scout event I ran a month ago. They don't tempt me like most chocolate. I was going to give out the leftover Dum Dums but Brian likes those lollipops so I'll keep them for him.

I'll try to get back in later. Work is calling me.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:16 PM   #20  

gonnabe, schmoodle, and everyone else - Happy Halloween!

Kim- I think it's cool that you dressed up for work. I don't see much indication of anyone dressed up here. Not even special earrings like I have on. I wanted to dress up for the campout when the kids did Trick or Treating then but I was cooking cobbler and my flowing witch sleeves just didn't seem like a good idea with hot charcoal!

beachgal - We didn't carve any pumkins this year either. We do have one Brian painted at camp. I guess I should carve it up at some point.

Me - We got a tent repaired last night so Brian and I can be in different ones for the Webelos Wood Campout this weekend. He might share with his friend which would be fun for them. His friend got scared staying alone in a tent before so maybe he would be better with Brian who has stayed alone before. Brian put the lights up last night so we are all set there.

I've got pork loin in the crockpot with pearl onions, red onions, parsley and sherry so I don't need to worry about dinner tonight.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:46 PM   #21  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Halloween afternoon to all. Did my lunch time workout now all I have left is my evening walk/jog and grass cutting before it's time to pass out candy.

Beachgal: don't let him get to you, focus on your halloween evening. I really like the stuff you give out, south beach friendly

Clarri: good luck on the calorie counting

Dixie dieter: where are you going on vacation?

Peralrose: in hopes you stay away from the candy

Barb: dinner sounds delish

Everyone have a great afternoon and a safe and happy halloween.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:10 PM   #22  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks, chicks, for the encouragement. The guy eventually left, only to be replaced by another cranky customer! Not sure what is going on...but I'm hoping the afternoon brings much happier people!

Clarri, I love your "accent"--I "reckon" you have a good meal plan there. Try to keep a protein in your snack, so if you don't have yogurt, have some low-fat cheese or something with the jello--it'll make you feel more full. Did you throw veg in the beef and bean combo? That would help you feel more full too. Putting the calories in Fitday is a good thing too. You might not be eating enough! I hear you on the stalling--sometimes it's not the item, but the time you're eating it or what you are (or are not) eating it with. You might be able to try the bread again later on, so don't give up hope.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:12 PM   #23  
I can do this!

Barb, good catch on the September stickies. I didn't even notice! I unstuck them both, so things should be a lot clearer up there now. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2007, 03:02 PM   #24  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HOLY COW!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN everybody!

What a miserable day. I'm a wee bit stressed out due to my micromanaging new boss (who swears he doesn't micromanage) because he sent out a Holiday Schedule with the mandatory shifts that the SD's will be working between Nov 18 and Jan 5. Excuse me? I don't think so. My holiday schedule is already made and that's what I'm working because NO job will come between me and God or me and my family. He says he had to terminate someone last year for not following it, but we'll see what happens. I sent him an email letting him know what I'm willing to work and why, and told him if there's a problem with it, to let me know today because I'll get another job before I'll let him tell me I can't go to church with my family on the holidays.

Then got a text from my separated DH (dingus husband?) wanting me to lie and sign an affidavit saying we haven't had marital relations in over 6 months so we can file for divorce tomorrow. Um.... no. I told him if he wants to see someone else he can feel free, I won't stop him, but I'm not going to lie just to rush things along because he wants to be with someone else. Apparently he is seeing someone else but they don't want to "do anything" until the divorce is final. That's a shame. I told him to knock himself out, it doesn't bother me at all, otherwise they'll be one frustrated couple having to wait until February. Not my problem though.

So that's MY day. I'm fuming about the first part and laughing about the 2nd part. At least I have a reason to laugh today right?

SO glad I don't have any halloween candy in the house (until tomorrow when it all goes on sale.....) otherwise I'd REALLY be in trouble tonight when I got home. Hope you girls are staying away from the bad stuff and sticking to the good stuff! Have a good one ladies!

Lisa
Old 10-31-2007, 03:35 PM   #25  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Lisa - Ooooh, I HATE micromanagers. We have a couple of project managers like that here. Can you explain to him that the shift schedule had already been posted and plans have been made? I'd make DH (D for dumba**) wait too.

Gonnabe165 - We're just going home to West Virginia for Thanksgiving at Grandma's. It's going to be hard to stay on plan with her cooking.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:56 PM   #26  
I can do this!

Oh, Lisa! Your XDH is full of for even thinking of asking you to lie just so he can go do the vertical mambo with his latest fling. I'd be so frustrated by that--I'm so glad it's making you laugh. On the other hand, knowing that he has to wait until February might make me laugh too! Poor, poor DH! Your manager sounds like he needed to get just the kind of note you sent! You are totally right--I think it's abominable for anyone to try to tell you when you can worship and to keep you from time with your family. Really responsible employers (and those that want to have great workers) realize that a balance between work and home life is the best way to run things. I hope he listens...though maybe getting a new job (free of micromanaging uh..."donkeys" would be the best Christmas gift you could give yourself? I hope it all works out well!
Old 10-31-2007, 05:08 PM   #27  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Dixie and Laurie! I still haven't heard back from my boss, so I'm guessing one of three things has happened:

1) He's busy in a store and hasn't gotten my email yet,
2) He's rolled over and peed on himself and is still crying because I'm such a tough broad, or
3) He's so ticked off that he doesn't know how to respond so he just hasn't yet.

I'm hoping for either 1 or 2, right now. He hasn't been a micromanager until today, at least to me, but I'm going to put an end to it really fast. First conversation we had was that I don't do micromanagers. I work my butt off and get my stuff done and take care of you, and you take care of me by leaving me alone and letting me do my thing. Why does he care when I'm in my store as long as I'm in my store working my hours, my store is covered, and my work gets done? Roar.

As for X-DAH (a little incorporation of your two definitions,) he's a schmuck. Why would you start a relationship less than 2 months after your wife left you? A month ago he wanted to make things work. It just makes me laugh because I was the rebound girl from his last relationship. Then I ended up supporting him (he couldn't afford things without his ex) and this girl is just the same pawn. It's really funny to me. I hope she stays strong and won't give him any until the divorce is over. Dad says maybe I should drag my feet a little..... but I want this over as much as he does, just for different reasons.

It also makes me wonder who it is, because I always kind of wondered if he was having an affair while we were together, and maybe that was why he was always accusing me of having an affair. Not only did I not have an affair, I won't even date anyone NOW because:

A) I'm still married, and
B) I'm very happy being on my own with no one to tell me what to do ever.

My boss messed with the wrong girl! I'm used to not putting up with being told what to do!!!! Don't mess with a girl going through a divorce during the holidays, for sure.

Well I need to wrap things up and get out of here. Hope you girls have a great night! STAY OUT OF THE CANDY BOWL!!!!

Lisa
Old 10-31-2007, 07:21 PM   #28  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm out of it so far. Luckily there have been lots of kids and I may be all out soon. My biggest problem is Hershey who is in love with the little ccokies 'n cream chocolate bars. Do you think she can read "Hershey" on the wrappers? I did let her have one - white chocolate is OK for Doggage.

Nice visit with the wee doggies this afternoon. Serena is adorable and like both Hershey and me. Hersh looks on her as a puppy which is good. We'll do some more visits but I'm sure they'll be fine and Serena will come to live here in early December.

I think I'll give it another 15 minutes and then douse the lights in the front of the house. Private Practice is on at eight!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:00 PM   #29  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi gals. Came in late today. Have been embarassed to come over because I've been doing very poorly. I know, I'm always the one who says you should come anyway, even when you're feeling bad...especially when you're feeling low. What a hippo-crite! I feel like a hippo. My pants don't fit...I feel like crud...I'm eating more crud because I feel like crud...

It's November now here so today's not only a new day but a new month. I need to turn myself around. I'm just disgusted with what I've allowed myself to do to my great progress from earlier in October. Apalled.

Blah.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, I'm in here looking for distraction! My angels are busily sorting mountains of chocolate in the family room, so i made myself some NSA hot chocolate and ran in here to the office to hide. They are going to do some trading and then will hide the rest in their rooms as agreed. At least I got lots of exercise as we were out trick or treating for nearly 2 hours. Both of them got lots of compliments on their costumes, so they are pretty pleased. I love to walk around and see all the decorations and costumes. Some of the houses go all out!
I made steak and the broccoli-cheese soup for dinner, and that soup was really yummy, but then, you chicks haven't steered me wrong yet.

Kara, I've been doing poorly lately too. New month, new commitment. We can get back on track. Just don't give up! Not allowed!

weezle, sorry your boss and your X-DAH are giving you problems. Hope your X doesn't make the divorce more traumatic than it has to be. Sounds like you are well rid of him, though.

I am going to weigh in the morning and see how close I got to October goal. I really have no idea where that needle will land due to some weird things going on with my body right now, but I've behaved pretty well since the weekend and I'm hoping that thought will keep me from the candy tonight.
Closed Thread