South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 06:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday's Chick Chat

Oh boy, it's Monday already after a very busy weekend. It was a great weekend for clearing clutter out of the house and getting yardwork done, but a not-so-great weekend eating-wise. It all started with one of those pumpkin muffins from Dunkin Donuts that Jake brought home especially for me, and went steadily downhill from there. I have to remember some good advice from another mod, Jay-ell, - "When you're driving and get a flat, do you stop and slash the other 3 tires, too?" Food for thought.

I'm taking my car in for an oil change this morning, and stopping off for some groceries on the way home. It's going to be sunny and in the 80s today, so I may take the girls on a hayride after school this afternoon and enjoy this Indian Summer day.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

MMMM..pumpkin muffins! At least they were not ALL bad! We all have "those times" and you are right...no use slashing tires! Our weather here is going to be storming and in the mid 80's. Tomorrow in the 60's. strange weather.

I overdid it with the yard work on Saturday and really hurt my back. I was layed up yesterday alternating cold and hot on it and taking meds and it seems much better this morning. But, I really need to take it easy for a while till all healed. Since I was pretty much useless yesterday, my husband was a sweetie and went to the grocery store after he got off of work. He saw some SBD frozen dinners and picked some up. He heated one up for me and one up for him (he's a stick by the way) and brought them into the bedroom. We each took one bite and fed the rest to the dogs. The only word I can use to describe them was "revolting". Both were two different kinds of chicken and pasta and both equally disgusting. The bite I took consisted of a huge glob of chicken fat with cream sauce on it....gross. We both just laughed and he ended up eating a peanut butter sandwich, and I ended up eating laughing cow and whole grain "chips" with a fudgsicle chaser...talk about nutrition. We have 2 left in the freezer and decided they would be handy then next time we run out of dog food.

Hope everyone has a brilliant day!

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-22-2007 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chickens!
Oh, cottage, a pumpkin muffin would be so good right now! Bad thoughts, evil thoughts! I wasn't so good over the weekend either, it started with just a bite of apple turnover on Friday night, some popcorn at the movies Saturday night, and then some ice cream, a chocolate chip cookie, and three tortilla chips with queso yesterday. SOOO glad the birthday is over and life can get back to normal. It sure was fun, though. I think I will Phase I it for a few days to get back on track. Tonight I'm trying the chicken divan recipe.

Cat,
you can't stand those meals because you're a good cook and used to eating well. I've tried a couple of those too and thought they were gross. Hope your back feels better today.

weezle
, make sure you wash your hands like crazy! That staph stuff going around is scary!

Looks like another beautiful day here. I've still got some cleaning up in the yard from the party, hope to get a couple of washes hung out. Work awaits me, and DD has tap class tonight. Hope you all have a good one.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Monday Morning!

Cottage: That's a great quote from Jay-ell! I'm sure there was a lot of physical activity for you with the yard sale going on to counteract some of your eating this week! And if not, I know you'll be back on track and heading to Curves just like always!

Cat: I know what you mean with this weird weather! I've had similar experiences with the SB frozen dinners. Yuck! I hope your back is feeling better already!

Schmoodle: Have a great day! I hope you get all that laundry done!

Me: Well, the weather sure is giving us a heck of a time right now. It was 86* for a high yesterday and now it's 39* with a high of 60*! Brrrr. I know it's not really that cold and that I should enjoy this while it's not in the teens, but jeez! I just wasn't ready for it after lounging around in the back yard yesterday! It seems I got hit with a head cold that seems to be clearing up, but the sunshine and lots of liquids on the back porch seemed to help A LOT! Now, I'm back to the same old sniffles.

Today looks like it will be my last day of inspections with the comptroller's man. Thank goodness. That means that I'll have a few days to get the work truck in the shop for oil change/tune-up/tires and then I'll have to get my girls out inspecting again. Sigh. I can't say that I'm exactly looking forward to it! Well, I need to go get dressed for work. Have a great day, everyone!

~Kim
Old 10-22-2007, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

UGH! It's monday! What a messed up weekend. I had a conference friday in Indianapolis, went to dinner afterwards at a fancy steakhouse which shall remain nameless. Horrible service for a $42 steak and $8 potato! Maybe I don't get out enough but I expected more! Saturday I had to bake a cake for my neice, then dinner at the in-laws (not legal) followed by the cake and ice cream. Sunday, had to get my daughter back from Michigan and she got caught in traffic from a horrible wreck on the interstate in Indiana that you all may have seen on the national news. She was late meeting by an hour and a half. Then there was a horrible fire in indianapolis that had traffic snarled. Late to bed last night and early to rise today! I need a vacation!

Here's to healthy eating today and calm waters (knock on wood)! Sounds like we are all in the same boat! WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning - Well, I'm here at work, and about to leave work. I just found out I can pick up my "new" car today, so I've got to go to the bank, call the insurance company, go to the DMV, and get the thing inspected, all before 4pm when the bank/gov. offices close.

I hope everyone has a great day - I'll try to get back on later - if I get the chance
Old 10-22-2007, 09:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/Tracker/130

Good morning to you all. I came on here this morning feeling down on myself for all the poor food choices I had made this weekend and then read that I was not alone in this. lol Thanks girls. Now I do know that ice cream in the house calls to me and that the sale price was not a reason to bring it home. When you talk to yourself in the freezer isle people dont understand that you are trying to talk yourself out of buying that frozen morsel. P 2 has been a slippery slope for me. Finding the proper amount of introduced food to still allow for a weight loss has alluded me. I have been doing a bit of yo yo and will try a variety of exercise this week to get me back in focus. Have a great day. Linda
Old 10-22-2007, 09:59 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick good morning.

I think I'd win the poor food choices contest if there was one! This Southern Cookin' is a killer! I'll be glad to get home tomorrow night. Right now I need to check out and figure out what I'm going to do until my plane leaves after five this afternoon. I had to buy andother suitcase to hold my shopping but think I can fit in another few bits of quilting cotton.

I'll be home Tuesday afternoon and will be back on track then.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:41 AM   #9  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

hey ladies -

I've been sick with a really bad eye infection, so I haven't been around much. Happy Monday!

I'll Jay's advice, and get back on plan.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, Cottage, you're totally right about not beating ourselves up about our mistakes! I've been drooling over those darn muffins...I work across the street from a DD. I love pumpkin-y things! But they just added a pumpkin flavor shot to their list, and you can get a SF latte light there and get some of that flavor, at least. Thought for the next time Jake wants to bring you something home. It took me a long time to wean DH off of bringing food gifts home. I've watched my dad be an enabler/sabotager of my mom's diet plans for years...he rants and raves about how worried he is that he'll lose my mom early because of her weight, but then he turns around and buys her ice cream or chocolate or something she loves to eat but shouldn't have, or encourages her to eat stuff she knows she shouldn't. Oy! When DH started some of that, I told him straight out why it wasn't a good idea. Now he just enjoys the fact that he gets food gifts from me! He loves that if we take a flight and get food, he gets most of it (since it's not SBD-safe), he gets any candy I get as a gift, and he also gets any leftovers that people press on me after dinners or whatever. He's in heaven. (and he's skinny...so he can get away with all that, darn it!)

Cat about your experience with the frozen dinners! I have to say I'm not a fan either...but I do really like the Kashi ones. They are really palatable and full of good ingredients. I'm so sorry about your back! Hope it heals quickly!

Happy Birthday, Schmoodle! Sorry I missed it! Getting into P1 is a great idea...I think the Chicken Divan recipe is DIVINE!!! DH and I fight over the darn thing each time I make it! You should see us making our lunches for work the next day...it's a riot! I always add extra broccoli and cook the broccoli in the micro so that it doesn't lose as many nutrients.

Yeah, Kim, same here with the weirdness in the weather. It's going to be 80* today, but should get colder (and wetter) as the week goes on. Yesterday was just glorious here...a friend and I ate dinner outside in the sunshine, which was amazing for late October here in NY! But it was awfully cold this morning...brrr! (love that smilie!) Hope you feel better soon!

Wow, Pacer, you had a heck of a weekend! I'm so sorry! After all that, Monday may be a relief! DH and I had a really bad experience at a big steakhouse once...not only did our food not arrive for hours, but about four different servers decided to get us drinks, so we ended up with, literally, 8 glasses on the table at once!!! Oy! For as much as you paid, I'd expect to be fed by a gorgeous, half-clothed servant using gold cutlery!!!

Me:
Looks like a busy day in the writing center...had one student in at 8...she has an essay due tomorrow and has a TON to do. Another student is working on more of the same as Friday and will probably need help too. Not sure what else the day will bring!

Had a good weekend, though I didn't get much done! DH and I hung out all day on Saturday...watched a movie, ran some errands (we got some great pumpkins at a local farm!), and just hung out. I drove him to the airport at 4:30 on Sunday morning and then had church. A friend and I drove up to Ithaca yesterday afternoon--we had a great time shopping, hanging out, and laughing. We had tickets to see comedienne Suzanne Westenhoefer last night--she was a total riot! We even got to chat with her afterwards and my friend got her autograph.

I got interrupted in writing this and so I'm sure a ton of chickies have pecked in by now--sorry I can't write to everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful day full of Indian Summer sunlight!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:36 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Schmoodle, I know! Isn't it scary? I think the media is taking it and running, as they always do, but hopefully it'll scare people into actually following what they're supposed to do when they get MRO staph. Most people just blow off getting the 2 separate negative cultures and that's why there are so many people in MRO isolation in the hospitals. Heck, even one college-age kid died from it!

Cottage, don't worry about falling off the wagon. We all do it. I haven't been awful or anything but I haven't been as strict as I should be, so my weight pretty much has been fluctuating up and down 2 lbs this month. God help us all when the holidays are really here!!!!

Cat, eeeewwwww. Those SBD meals sound lovely. Hope your back feels better!

Kim, I totally feel your pain with the weather! We went from 84 and sun yesterday to highs in the upper-50's/lower-60's the rest of the week. TOO COLD! Brrrrr. I don't want to turn my heat on yet. (WHINE) I also know that it's not that bad but I'm looking forward to spring already.

Pacer, I'll drink to that! (Water, that is....) Hope you have a great day!

HI MARE! Have fun being busy!

MI Girl, we all have ups and downs. You can do it!

Ruthie, be safe!

Dcap, eeewww. Sorry to hear about your eye! Hope you get better soon!

As for me, I need to get training. I have 2 more days with Ryan before he gets sent off to run his own store so I need to make sure he knows what he's doing. Then I have to make space on the wall for tomorrow. Definitely going to be a Monday. Hope everybody has a great day!

Lisa
Old 10-22-2007, 11:38 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Whoopsie, Hi Laurie! We simulposted! Hope you have a fabulous day! Glad to hear that you had such a good weekend even though you had to get up early yesterday.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Thanks Laurie, but you didn't miss anything! It was DS's 11th last week. I've got a HUGE bag of frozen broccoli cuts and I plan to use it all. It's veggies and water for me this week.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #14  

We had a glorious weekend for the campout. Cool but not cold at night and comfortable during the day. Everyone loved the cobbler that I made. I made 6 cobblers. Two of them used no sugar added pie filling and reduced sugar cake mix and Smart Balance. They were good especially the chocolate cherry.

Brian was tired on the drive home but still sold some popcorn. We took a break and then tried to leave again and couldn't get the garage door to open since the spring broke. DH helped me get the car out so we could deal with it today. Then Brian woke up sick with a sore throat and fever. So DH is taking him to the doctor now and the garage door company will be there in a few hours to fix the door.

I'm in the office and have been working a continuous outage for 6 hours straight. What a day!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

DANG. I missed Schmoodle's Birthday too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCHMOODLE! (late.....)
Closed Thread