South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 06:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday's Chick Chat

Good morning everyone, I'm just enjoying a quiet cup of coffee and a little peace and quiet before my day starts. Carley is still asleep, and hopefully she won't wake until around 8. We don't have to go to Audrey & Maggie's until noon, and I'm trying to plan out the rest of the day since I work late on Mondays. This week will seem out of whack with a holiday in the middle of the week!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:36 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hello and good morning! Did your night go well with the babe in the house? I'm sure she loves coming over!!! Carly was one of our name choices for Avery. We decided against it because we didn't want three hard C sounding names, but I love the name.

I'm back on track with my eating, which feels much better. I was planning on hitting the treadmill today but Tom came home not feeling great and didn't want to walk back to base to sit with Connor through his violin lesson, so I've postponed until tomorrow. Honestly, I really didn't *feel like* going to the gym, so I was secretly glad it didn't work out. We have a plan so I'll be able to get it done tomorrow, though, so all is not lost.

Have to get lunch made for tomorrow as we're going right from Korean class to Tang Soo Do to the commissary and won't get home until after 2. Have a lovely Monday!

Kara
Old 07-02-2007, 07:43 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to all and a quick post.

The town of Delta will never be the same after The Big V music festival aka Woodstock North. It was a great success and raised a goodly amount of money for The Kutter Farms Foundation. We will be able to sponsor many challenged kid for riding and swimming programmes once the facility is done. It was stressful and a lot of work but well worth it.

Today I am going to just relax! This week will be a bit hectic with schoolwork to sort for the Fair judging, a couple of appointments and the guys coming to finish my kitchen. They need to do the crown molding and replace two damaged cabinet doors.

For now though, I'm going to stay in my robe for a bit and then soak in the tub!

How's your day looking?
Old 07-02-2007, 07:59 AM   #4  

Morning gals!

Cottage I am glad you are getting to enjoy some quiet time. I already hear Megan rustling around in her crib, so my time is almost over.

Ruth Good for you to take a day to relax! Do you have any good books to cozy up with? :book:

Kara I haven't felt like exercising the last few days myself. I know I need to though to get that scale moving in the right direction.

Me- Not a whole lot of fun planned for today. It is actual a work day for me- I am meeting another teacher at school this morning to work on schedules and things. Then this afternoon another teacher is coming over and we are going to work on some curriculum writing for the district. Great way to make a little extra money.

Anyhow, that is about all I know, I need to grab some coffee and get a bit of work done. Sounds like Megan went back to sleep, so hopefully I can get a bit done.

More rain here..... this is unreal..... I really should be back in bed!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:06 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Kiko, I'll do my running tomorrow and you do your exercise and I'll check in with you tomorrow. We'll motivate each other.

Ruth, hope you had a nice bath!

Kara
Old 07-02-2007, 08:14 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good morning my sunshines....

cool here this morning so I wore this:

size 18 top and size 20 jeans. not bad for a chick who was wearing size 28 and that was getting tight.....

work today
did DDR yesterday
will do it again

too much hummus yesterday and scale is up to 234

everyone have a great day.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, everyone. I'm new to this forum but not new to 3fc. I went to see a real honest-to-gawsh nutritionist lst week and she said I should limit my carbs to 45 grams a meal. That sounds kinda South Beachish, don't you think? Anyway, I do have the book and I think it's a sensible way to eat. Nessa, I love your outfit, I'd love to fit into somthing like that someday...
Old 07-02-2007, 08:24 AM   #8  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Nessa, you look so cute! And dare I say "happy" even though it looks like you're at work! I've been wanting to get into DDR since I heard somebody lost 40 lbs after she started doing it. I love dancing but DH won't dance so I have to do it alone. Do you still need a Playstation for DDR or is it on computer now?

Hello to everyone else! Gotta go. It's a workday for me. 11 hours today.

See ya later!

L
Old 07-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

hey Nora...

since we dont' count carbs on SBD i have no idea what my carb count is per meal....
I do know that SBD seems to be the ONLY plan that i've ever stuck to. that i was able to incorporate it into my life and make it work.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liannie View Post
Nessa, you look so cute! And dare I say "happy" even though it looks like you're at work! I've been wanting to get into DDR since I heard somebody lost 40 lbs after she started doing it. I love dancing but DH won't dance so I have to do it alone. Do you still need a Playstation for DDR or is it on computer now?

Hello to everyone else! Gotta go. It's a workday for me. 11 hours today.

See ya later!

L

we have it on the playstation 2. just doing the lessons/training gets my heart rate up....
Old 07-02-2007, 08:28 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Nessa, you're adorable! I love those jeans!

Welcome, Nora! It's nice to have you on board. Read through the book and then read it again. If you want to follow the South Beach lifestyle, getting the principles down before you jump in will help in those first couple weeks. The ladies here are GREAT for answering any questions you come up against, and the support here is amazing. Stick around!!!

Liannie, my husband won't dance either. Maybe you and I should go out and let the wallflowers sit at home! Have a nice day at work!

Kara
Old 07-02-2007, 08:29 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Yawwwwnnnnn. Morning ladies. I'm not ready to be up and moving but here I am. I really don't want to work the next two days! WHINE. That's ok though because I get the 4th off, and then the 6th-8th off too, so it'll be like a mini vacation.

Cottage, enjoy the peacefulness while you can!

Kara, sounds like you're always on the go! Take some time for yourself and relax, even if it's for just a few minutes!

Ruthie, ahhh a tub soak sounds good. No time though. Hope you really enjoy your relaxing day!

Kiko, go back to bed! We're finally done with the rain for awhile, I hope. Have fun with your writing stuff.

Nessa, cute outfit! Have a great day!

Nora, you can do it girlie! Welcome! There's a ton of support on this forum, so if you have any questions or need any help, or just want to vent, there are a lot of us who will gladly help!

Well, I suppose I should hit the shower. Hope everyone has a glorious day. Mine will be quite long I'm sure. Talk soon girls!

Lisa
Old 07-02-2007, 08:30 AM   #13  

Nessa You hottie! You look great.

Kara It is a deal!

Nora

Lianee That sounds like a looong day. Hope it is a good one.

I know we are always looking for yummy new recipes. This one is kind of "buried" in the Phase 1 entrees- http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86575 . These are so yummy, my mom made them for dinner last night, and I had forgotten how much I love them. Very fresh and light for a summer meal.

Okay, enough yapping from me, I have got to get moving!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #14  

Hey Weezle! Have a good day!

Okay, now I am REALLY logging off.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:32 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

(I'm reposting this because it was at the end of the weekend thread as I just got on line when I woke up Monday morning.)

We made it back from the DMZ without being kidnapped. It was a WONDERFUL trip and we learned a lot. Tom said there were quite a few things that have changed since he was there ten years ago. We had the chance to go to the bridge where Korean families go to pray and offer things up for their families members stuck in North Korea and also for their hometowns in North Korea. From there, we went to hear an explanation of the DMZ by South Korean soldiers and got to peer over into North Korea. We visited one of the tunnels the North Koreans dug to try to infiltrate the South and got to go down and walk it all the way to the underground border. Over 350 meters at an 11 degree slope! It was quite a workout on the way back up! From there we went to the train station where they just recently had a train do a test run to North Korea and back. I don't know if you guys heard about it, but it was big news over here about a month ago. And finally, we got to go to the Joint Services Area, where they do the talks IN the DMZ! We even had the chance to go into the building that straddles the border and step into North Korea! It was a long day but I'm so glad we went!

Here's a picture of Tom and I (and the Republic of Korea soldiers!) at the train station:
http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...238/t_=8222238

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to resize it so I could upload it.

I was NOT at all good with my eating this weekend. Friday night I snacked a lot, too much South Beach friendly food, and then Saturday let's just say I had a little run-in with some Girl Scout cookies and ice cream. Five thin mints and two scoops of vanilla ice cream somehow made it into my belly and I was not happy with myself! However, Sunday being the first made it easier for me to kick myself back into gear and I had a lovely, beachy day to start off the new month. I am going to stay on plan all week and weigh again on Friday so I don't get discouraged if there was a blip in the progress.

Kara
Closed Thread